Where is the LPGS being stored?

Old Jun 5, 20, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Where is the LPGS being stored?

I was given a case of it last year by a client. I made the mistake of leaving a couple of bottles in the warm. Very stupid of me. Totally undrinkable now.

Anyway, it occurred to me that both the supply for the CCR and the F cabins must be being kept somewhere during this crisis. Knowing BA, they will not have thought carefully about this.

Does anyone know where it is kept? Will we have endless complaints on here about it having gone bad, come September?
Old Jun 5, 20, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, OWE
If Alex C wants to send me a few dozen crates I have plenty of space to store it....
so3003 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Iíd assume it would be kept in bond by the supplier. BA would only want to hold minimum stocks?
BrunswickSq and Lenis like this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Ag, Ex VS Au, Avis Pres Club, Enterprise Plat, Ex Marriott Plat, HHonors Ag, Priority Club Au
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer View Post
I was given a case of it last year by a client. I made the mistake of leaving a couple of bottles in the warm. Very stupid of me. Totally undrinkable now.

Anyway, it occurred to me that both the supply for the CCR and the F cabins must be being kept somewhere during this crisis. Knowing BA, they will not have thought carefully about this.

Does anyone know where it is kept? Will we have endless complaints on here about it having gone bad, come September?
OMG! Think you will be burned at the FT stake for such a dispicable act!!!

As to where BA have stored it, wouldn't surpsie me if they had burned it also.
Old Jun 5, 20, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Wouldn’t worry about it if I were you

If traffic volumes over coming months are anywhere near as bad as projections given in evidence by Willie Walsh to the Transport Select Committee, it’s a near-certainty that there will be greater focus than ever on cost control. Expect to see a lot more Prosecco than high-end champers - whether in September, or in any lounge / cabin.

addenda : I’d hazard a guess that a lot more thought is currently being given by BA catering gurus to introducing new toppings for all those ‘Primo Gusto’ pizzas than any alcohol-related concerns.

Last edited by subject2load; Jun 5, 20 at 9:51 am
Old Jun 5, 20, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
There is very little at Heathrow at the best of times.
RHWine likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Mostly chez Laurent Perrier I would imagine.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Only a rumour, but itís a very good bulk storage environment ... https://www.jerseywartunnels.com/wha...e/the-tunnels/
smokie36 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 10:38 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I popped in to the garage, which has a good temp for storage, to have a look. It is not there.
Old Jun 5, 20, 11:59 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The Villa Maria is still there. Well, some of it.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Discovery Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold,
Saw this thread and thought someone was planning a re-run of the 1983 Brinks-Mat robbery to liven up their lockdown!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brink%27s-Mat_robbery
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:02 pm

Some is to be distributed to BAEC Gold members as a 'thank you' for their loyalty and to compensate for the removal of benefits.

BA is currently awaiting delivery of plastic cups so that the allocated bottle can be shared out.
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by sungod View Post
Some is to be distributed to BAEC Gold members as a 'thank you' for their loyalty and to compensate for the removal of benefits.

BA is currently awaiting delivery of plastic cups so that the allocated bottle can be shared out.
Damn! This week I got us new Membership Cards and Luggage Tags (Delivered very promptly, I must note). I assume that means Iím disqualified from the offer, and will have to rely on the solitary Moet lurking in the garage?
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by sungod View Post

Can only imagine you’ve already drunk a couple of bottles of something strong to come up with fantasy stuff like this.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 20, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I assume it is in a warehouse operated by their supplier (is that still Bibendum?). I assume much of it would be held in bond, as it is served in a duty-free environment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: