Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Looking forward to welcoming us back!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK guys, it's a tough crowd in tonight, and the usual echo chambering is going on...................
I think it’s only fair to say that we have all come to expect much better than this from you c-w-s.

If you’re happy with BA’s offering - or more specifically, the (quite bizarre) explanation given to you by management - then that’s absolutely fine. Many others are too, no doubt.

However, for all those who take a different perspective, it’s just not right to see their contributions maligned and characterised as “ usual echo-chambering”, just because their different perspective or assessment happens to be shared in print, to one degree or another, by fellow-posters.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Why cannot BA keep regular meals that are wrapped in plastic like Kosher meals with no need to handle and hand them out..3 contacts required placed onto cart, handed to customer and collected. The lid goes back on when finished keeping things tidy..more or less.

One more thing...I do not mind taking one for the BA team short term but the reason execs are paid big dollars is find solutions that make sense. If BA cabin crew can hand out a box of pizza, why cannot they hand out a sealed tray...everybody on the plane receives the same although business and first should receive a "nicer tray" to reflect the fares being paid (as far as that is possible).
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:14 pm

I have challenged BA management about the catering, which I've reported previously, and they are adamant that it is to do with crew / passenger safety. .
I cant see how giving out a decent chocolate bar rather than Cadburys (palm oil) chocolate or G&T/cocktail premixed in a can rather than lemonade is riskier? (only suggesting 1 can each).
The partnership with M&S could have provided very decent on board meal boxes.

I have sent a reply to my ready when you are email.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
How long do you think this will be the norm? (crystal ball gazing I suppose)

I have a few 1st/club flights booked late July, August, Sept and at the moment if the countries let me in I think I will be going. Quarantine on return isn't an issue luckily.
But after the email today and reading this thread I am considering downgrading to WTP or swapping airlines/routes. The only advantage of all of my LBA connections being cancelled is that I have the opportunity to shop around or change bookings.
Crystal ball aside... as soon as other carriers continue to resume a more normal service then BA will have to follow, if they don’t want to lead.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
Crystal ball aside... as soon as other carriers continue to resume a more normal service then BA will have to follow, if they don’t want to lead.
Not necessarily.

Qatar, for example, have deviated very little from their ‘normal service’ throughout the pandemic, with catering changes limited largely to presentation rather than quality. They’re a OW partner and their owners just happen to be the largest individual shareholder in IAG ; but that doesn’t mean BA follow their practices.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I certainly would suggest you use another airline if you are that annoyed/concerned about it, BA can't afford to lose many passengers voting with their feet/wallet. I have challenged BA management about the catering, which I've reported previously, and they are adamant that it is to do with crew / passenger safety. Most but not all crew go along with this line too, given the previous CW meals require a lot of handling (40 sets of ihandling on average). Some crew would prefer zero catering. I doubt that this will be believed any more than the last time I posted this, but at least it has come from having seen it for myself. BA are certainly aware that they won't keep CW passengers if other airlines offer a better option, hence the urgent search for alternative low handling meal options. In the mean time it's probably better to pay WTP fares rather than CW, since the CW package is certainly taken a hit. But the cost-cutting issue is transparently incorrect: they have lost millions of pounds of bookings, saving £3 on a meal - given how few that being consumed - is a drop in the ocean, it isn't realistically the airline's focus.
Of course they will tell you that. What would they tell you? AC told us in the BA documentary that 'feedback' have shown people do not want to eat or drink during a a short flight so they came with a brilliant idea of BOB...

Of course crew would prefer zero catering. At the end of the day, that will require minimum work and also they do get their full meals anyway.

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 3, 2020 at 3:57 pm Reason: To comply with rule 12.3
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:33 pm

I cant see how giving out a decent chocolate bar rather than Cadburys (palm oil) chocolate or G&T/cocktail premixed in a can rather than lemonade is riskier? (only suggesting 1 can each).
The partnership with M&S could have provided very decent on board meal boxes.

I have sent a reply to my ready when you are email.
I had exactly this thought. BA could use the opportunity to work closely with M&S on short haul at least and offer a entire package for food. Handed out in one go. Good for M&S brand awareness and good for BA pax. Dare I say it make it complimentary for a short period whilst loads are light.

The same with Do&Co, work together to produce a nice packaged meal & drink all in one, Do&Co I’m sure would have welcomed the business and opportunity to adapt, their kitchens, chefs I’m sure they could engineer a nice package offering for each cabin class.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:35 pm

I certainly would suggest you use another airline if you are that annoyed/concerned about it, BA can't afford to lose many passengers voting with their feet/wallet. I have challenged BA management about the catering, which I've reported previously, and they are adamant that it is to do with crew / passenger safety. Most but not all crew go along with this line too, given the previous CW meals require a lot of handling (40 sets of ihandling on average). Some crew would prefer zero catering. I doubt that this will be believed any more than the last time I posted this, but at least it has come from having seen it for myself. BA are certainly aware that they won't keep CW passengers if other airlines offer a better option, hence the urgent search for alternative low handling meal options. In the mean time it's probably better to pay WTP fares rather than CW, since the CW package is certainly taken a hit. But the cost-cutting issue is transparently incorrect: they have lost millions of pounds of bookings, saving £3 on a meal - given how few that being consumed - is a drop in the ocean, it isn't realistically the airline's focus.
Good to know you called BA out on catering. Other airlines actually are offering better options. I'm availing of that for my next trip.

Catering has nothing to do with Covid if sealed meals are handed out as others have suggested.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: Executive Club
I would go one better than that, and just seat-load everything that the passenger needs for the flight before they get on the plane. Or hand them out at the gate. The meal could be put into some sort of picnic bag, together with some drinks and snacks. No need for the cabin crew to serve anything at all during the flight.

By the way that pizza looks like one of those nasty cheap ones from Iceland. Whose idea is it to give us just crisps and chocolate and pizza and nasty food.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB

By the way that pizza looks like one of those nasty cheap ones from Iceland. Whose idea is it to give us just crisps and chocolate and pizza and nasty food.

18 year old male?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:49 pm

18 year old male?
The BA intern
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
BA have missed the boat here

I started a thread at the start of lockdown on them innovating

They really could have help to build industry standards for airline testing etc

They could have done some interesting stiff with seat plans , enhanced catering and solutions for lounges

They have screwed their staff and passengers

I think, like others I will wait to all this is over and re-evaluate what others are offering
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB

Hey, mind your language Iceland pizzas invariably look better than that.

And remember : this is not just any pizza. This is a ‘Primo Gusto‘, approved by Do&Co, pizza !

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 3, 2020 at 3:58 pm Reason: Remove reply to deleted content
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
And remember : this is not just any pizza. This is a ‘Primo Gusto‘, approved by Do&Co, pizza !

It looks truly vile and so many people cant eat pizza due to dietary restrictions- to save more money they should have gone the whole hog and topped it with pork to rule out a few more. It say VLML but mozzarella isn't vegetarian and so either it isn't mozzarella or it isn't vegetarian

It looks like an 1970s Findus French Bread Pizza

Last edited by Barnaby100; Jun 3, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
BA have been actively not following for a long time during the pandemic. Almost all their partners are offering proper in flight service standards in long haul at the front of the plane, simply adjusted for 'virus sense'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.