Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Looking forward to welcoming us back!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone know if BA have kept to their cleaning promise? I am wondering if long haul aircraft which are going to the US are cleaned properly (given that they’re still in the midst of Coronavirus)
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BACF will be resuming operations from LCY on a small scale from Friday 10 July, though the Loganair service for IOM has been LCY's one and only service since 21 June. On 10 July BACF will also be flying to PMI, IBZ, AGP, FLR and IOM. The other services that day will be to MME and Dundee with Eastern and Loganair prime. LCY has done this BA-centric video, with apologies for any cringing it may inspiire.

Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:32 pm

Erasure? I know I’ve been in lockdown for a while but what year is it?!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I hope they didn't think they were being hip.
VSLover, sl1ppy, ENTP and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
And for those planning to fly from LCY and have forgotten the words, here's a reminder.

ML
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
I know they are saying they are trialing 'boarding from the back' but does anyone know if they will be doing as some other airlines who've taken the approach of 'anyone turning left ( for more or less ) can board 1st' as this serves to recognise status and premium fare pax AND has no impact on 'virus protection' as pax further back wouldn't be walking past said customers? Obviously this only works on LH / where boarding is done from D2L but imho I see zero reason why BA cannot adopt this approach.

( Yes I know it's possible for eg: a GGL to be sitting right down the back but for the purpose of this exercise obviously their seat choice would preclude them from PB under this approach)
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:09 am

I notice another post with this but are overhead lockers being used on Short Haul in ET?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:14 am

I notice another post with this but are overhead lockers being used on Short Haul in ET?
Yes, though there are restrictions on Italy (and potentially Turkey). Everywhere else, they are being used. The DfT has suggested people try to avoid using them if possible.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Obviously this only works on LH / where boarding is done from D2L but imho I see zero reason why BA cannot adopt this approach.
Door 2 may still take people through the CW cabin. At the moment, it's simply back to front. It may change at some point, but it's not seriously making much difference anyway, given passenger loads, it is taking a few minutes to board, no one is being made to suffer.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Door 2 may still take people through the CW cabin. At the moment, it's simply back to front. It may change at some point, but it's not seriously making much difference anyway, given passenger loads, it is taking a few minutes to board, no one is being made to suffer.
On short haul I usually board last. I look upon it as leaving a comfortable seat with champagne to move to switch to an uncomfortable seat without champagne so there's no rush.

Long haul is different though and I prefer to board early. Given that long haul is going to be limited for the foreseeable then it's a minor frustration..
TWCLAM likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.