Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat Change Notification (But it hasnt changed)

Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS, LH, QR

Can anyone help with this one?
Have a return trip in September LCA - LHR - BOS - LHR - LCA booked with AA but all on BA metal in Premium (WT+). LCA - LHR legs are in WT. Seats booked with BA for each leg. Got an email at the weekend to say LCA - LHR seat had been changed but when I go to MMB it hasnt changed and it doesnt show seat map. Other legs showing maps ok. Aircraft type hasnt changed. Had booked exit row seats 12A and B.

Dummy booking for WT shows seating choice starting behind us and dummy booking for CE shows seats going to row 12 (with our row unavailable).

Has CE gone to our row but they let us keep the seats or are we likely to be moving at checkin? At 63 would rather have the exit row.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Murraymint
Has CE gone to our row but they let us keep the seats or are we likely to be moving at checkin? At 63 would rather have the exit row.
Without the date of travel you can only have a hypothetical answer but it is possible for row 12 to be CE particularly on a route like LCA. But unless BA sees a big return of its passengers I think ultimately row 12 will probably stay ET. You will probably get more such emails as fleet allocations get amended.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:57 am

Now I am not claiming this is statistically relevant, but I posted about this yesterday for my JNB trip to July. Seat change email but nothing seemed to have changed. A few hours later the flight was cancelled. Coincidence? Who knows?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VS, LH, QR
Thanks for your reply. Forgot the dates-BA665 on 23rd Sep
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In which case currently rows 11 and 12, the exit rows, are designated as Club Europe. It could easily change, I am not sure 2 flights from LCA that day is going to be viable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.