Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA fleet developments: unconfirmed updates, speculation, and general discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA fleet developments: unconfirmed updates, speculation, and general discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
So it’s ok for BA to claim that they need to change our contracts because they financially cannot afford our costs moving forward but it’s ok for BALPA to refuse to allow smaller aircraft and cheaper crews to operate from LHR if it helps BA survive?
We know it’s a smash and grab but attacking Balpa for trying to protect BA jobs is pointing the finger in the wrong direction IMHO if not surely a case of playing the man (based on past history) not the ball?
Old May 27, 2020, 10:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
isn't the point that CFE are on cheaper contracts than mainline - so BA are more likely to *expand* CFE rather than close it ?!
You make mainline cheaper first and then do it?
Old May 27, 2020, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by JerseyPilot
We know it’s a smash and grab but attacking Balpa for trying to protect BA jobs is pointing the finger in the wrong direction IMHO if not surely a case of playing the man (based on past history) not the ball?
So it’s ok to “smash and grab” from other departments?
Old May 27, 2020, 10:15 am

Maybe your union and membership would be better served by actually engaging rather than sticking their heads in the sand, hoping it all goes away and blaming everybody else for your own predicament. It’s not 2010 anymore.
BAeuro likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What has 2010 got to do with everyone’s contracts being attacked?
Do you think BALPA feel that they can protect mainline pilots pay and T&Cs because they can ground the airline?
Old May 27, 2020, 10:24 am

I’m saying Balpa have every right to try and protect BA Pilots long term Ts and Cs, BA obviously require temporary cost savings but the key word there is temporary, there is no cause for a company previously making £2 Billion profits in a dominant market position (and likely even more dominant post Covid-19) to ask for permanent concessions. Same goes for the cabin crew, if only Unite would pull their head out the sand and engage. You seem to be arguing from a point of personal bitterness that they should have the audacity to do this which is inexplicable.
Lynyrd and Will100 like this.
Old May 27, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You do know that it is all unions and all sections of BA that are having their pay and T&Cs impacted and not just for the short term?
Can you not see that only BALPA has something to negotiate with and that all other sections have the hands tied?
Old May 27, 2020, 10:45 am

OK I wasnt aware of that thanks for pointing it out . What’s going on at BA is the starting point for a negotiation, it’s the opening offer. You may not think you have any power but why not at least meet BA to find out? It’s certainly better than pretending it’s illegal to consult during furlough. What I’m asking is why you are so anti Balpa for coming to the table and making use of the tools we have to protect jobs?
Old May 27, 2020, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m not anti BALPA I’m very pro pilots, but it’s ok for you to berate other sections of BA when you know that they have no chance of making any changes to what is proposed other thank legally, can you not see how smug you are coming across?
Old May 27, 2020, 11:06 am

Where exactly did I berate other sections of BA? Please point that out because I believe all I said is that I believe Unite are on completely the wrong course and doing an immense disservice to the membership with their tactics. I am confident that will prove to be the case. Reading between the lines I’d say it’s clear I believe you guys deserve better. You’ve taken umbrage where none exists. I appreciate times are tough at the moment and we’re all under stress but the enemy here is BA management not Balpa. All our union is doing is trying to do the best it can for its membership, we’re not trying to screw cabin crew over by insisting Schedule K (the scope agreement) is upheld. That's protecting mainline jobs outside the flightdeck too don’t forget and if you think you’re powerless to improve the potential outcome then allowing Cityflyer into LGW/LHR isn’t going to help your position either; the contract waved under your nose at the outcome of that won’t be any better.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Ladies and Gentlemen, any chance we bring the discussion back on topic, please?

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old May 27, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Guys can we get this back on topic. This is about the BA Fleet and not union tactics.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 12:49 pm

Chances of G-ZBLA arriving on saturday? Heard it's possibly been punted down the road again... Anyone with genuine info???
Old May 28, 2020, 8:55 am

Deleted

Last edited by Scotflyer80; May 28, 2020 at 9:08 am
Old May 28, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TedToToe
That’s a good point and possibly one reason why BA haven’t firmed up their offering on the route yet.
Well, Flybe used the E195 very well on its NQY to LGW flights, so could be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.