Project Birch

Old May 25, 2020, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Project Birch

Reported in today’s FT....

The Treasury has revealed to the Financial Times the principles under which the government would rescue individual companies, saying it would act to save those whose failure would “disproportionately harm the economy”. Aviation, aerospace and steel firms are among those facing acute problems, while carmaker Jaguar Land Rover is also talking to the government, although the company declined to provide details.
Old May 25, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Summary here on CityAM, courtesy of Head for Points.

Be interesting to see if BA takes part in this. Virgin is probably a definate.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:02 am

UK Gov could do very well out of this, *if* it drives a hard bargain with companies requiring assistance. I wonder if leaders such as AC/WW/RB fully appreciate this.

As the “investor of last resort” any gov investment should be massively dilutionary to existing equity holders. If that’s unacceptable, fine, the government will pick up the pieces once it’s in administration(probably cheaper again, however risks other disruption)

Buy assets on the cheap at cyclical lows and sell in a few years. Go Rishi!
TedToToe likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.