A view from Hatton Cross

Old May 25, 20, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sjoh1271 View Post
Reading some countries are requiring a test before you fly. Could this facility be for that? How would it work. You turn up a few hours earlier before check in for a test or have it done one the days before flight? Note Antigua (as an example) is saying you beed a negative test at least 48 hours before flight
https://www.timeout.com/usa/news/st-...in-june-052120
St Lucia only allowing tourists from USA

Brave move
Old May 25, 20, 2:30 pm

Programs: Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Will100 View Post
I am sure that COVID testing area will be well used then things start to slowly get going.

The new restrictions are surely a pre-cursor to either quarantine or pay for a test and don’t scenario. I can’t see any other way that people will be allowed in and out relatively freely
As opposed to what is happening now, has been happening since this all started and will be happening for the next two weeks?
Old May 25, 20, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Schind View Post
Until everyone can get a test at their local GP or similar then yes. I'm a key worker (apparently). I live 20 miles outside of London but this will be the nearest centre to me so, if I develop symptoms, this is where I'd choose to go.
There's also the fact that, just because there are hardly any positive cases in London right now, people with symptoms still need a test to confirm they haven't got it and can get on with as normal a life as possible.
yes, after writing my post thereís probably going to be people suffering with hayfever who will want a test. My county hasnít reported any cases for a little while now i think, the pandemic is firmly in the decline.
Old May 26, 20, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Will100 View Post
I am sure that COVID testing area will be well used then things start to slowly get going.

The new restrictions are surely a pre-cursor to either quarantine or pay for a test and donít scenario. I canít see any other way that people will be allowed in and out relatively freely
The ability to pay for a test to avoid quarantine would be a very welcome introduction- and very necessary to kick start the UK economy.
Old May 26, 20, 8:34 am

...meanwhile a friend with suspected Covid is having to wait for the test to be sent to her address, to be picked up and for 72hrs for the results.
Old May 26, 20, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post
St Lucia only allowing tourists from USA

Brave move
Strange move as well given that the US has high infection rates
Old May 26, 20, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft View Post
Testing is so key now as the virus surfaces in little blips
Just closed the hospital in Western Super Mare today as mini surge in cases

I am really excited by the new test you can turn round in an hour
This will be fantastic for airports

To clarify the COVID testing area in the pic is one if the general UK ones that just happens to be located in a Heathrow car park It is not airport related.
not sure how acceptable such a test will be.

Bali is setting up a system requiring polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test prior to boarding at origin.

Now I am no doctor or have any medical knowledge but I donít think this type of test can be done in an hour.

happy to be corrected
Old May 27, 20, 2:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by binman View Post
not sure how acceptable such a test will be.

Bali is setting up a system requiring polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test prior to boarding at origin.

Now I am no doctor or have any medical knowledge but I donít think this type of test can be done in an hour.

happy to be corrected
Lots of nice places to visit on holiday besides Bali

Search this Thread
Search Engine: