Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room as Gold in CE/CW? [erroneously shown in Manage my Booking]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room as Gold in CE/CW? [erroneously shown in Manage my Booking]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by drwook
As others have suggested, maybe it indicates CCR will be opening first & they've decided volumes are low enough to accommodate anyone with lounge access there at first?
Possibly - but it was on mine when I was in WTP, so wouldn't have had lounge access normally. But as I said, if you didn't know much about it and see it in your MMB....
Old May 9, 2020, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think it always says that; presumably because travel is in the future and status may change, and to avoid needing to forecast status at that future time which makes the logic more complex than just checking a field.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The text has always reflected that for entitlement to a lounge above cabin entitlement (in my case it’s more normally F lounge travelling in CW downwards), although the T5 CCR seems to be the exception that proves the rule. Where It doesn’t matter, such as on the CDG-LHR leg when I’ll be in CE, it just sends me to the CX lounge in CDG with no extra caveats.

Obviously this is because I might have lost that status by the time the flight actually arrives, and they don’t want people taking a screenshot/printout of MMB at the time of booking and claiming it as gospel forever.
That makes sense. Never noticed that, I must say, but have not been on a BA in some time.
Old May 9, 2020, 3:19 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As others have suggested, maybe it indicates CCR will be opening first & they've decided volumes are low enough to accommodate anyone with lounge access there at first?
Based on my booking, I don’t think that’s the case. MMB is just very broken.

CDG-LHR - CX Lounge, correct, but no other options
LHR-JFK, arriving from CDG - CCR access, no Prem required. Also entitled to Arrivals Lounge from a short haul CE. Bottom image.
JFK-LHR - CCR, Prem required
LHR-CDG - CCR, Prem required. Top image.

So it looks like it’s a combination of incorrect status assumption and Class of Travel that determines exactly which wrong piece of information you get!
Attached Images   
Old May 9, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just made a hopeful booking in F to SAN for October and MMB shows Galleries Lounge as the option. Suspect it will all settle down eventually.
Old May 9, 2020, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by endoman
....................... Suspect it will all settle down eventually.
Am I okay to steal this line ?

I want to use it as a catch-all caveat for all my Covid-related speculations, comments, & general musings ............
Old May 9, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Actually, looking at mine, Zone F would suggest a T3 departure? Confirmed by a proper look at MMB, Cathay here we come
Old May 9, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
[QUOTE=endoman;32360709]Just made a hopeful booking in F to SAN for October and MMB shows Galleries Lounge as the option. Suspect it will all settle down eventually.

I have the same for a flight to PRG in July, it also says T3 departure.
I'm not counting on the flight going, lounges or terminals are probably irrelevant to me.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Concorde Room as Gold in CE?

I have a flight to Madrid scheduled for the end of July. Flying in Club Europe as Gold. Yet under MMB, it’s saying that I should use the Concorde room? Also doesn’t mention the first wing, but seems to mention the millionaires doorway from fast track south instead.

An IT glitch, or will they keep the first lounge close and stick everyone in the Concorde room for the time being? Seems odd if true - even with reduced numbers, I can see it getting a little busy in there.

Apologies if this has been discussed and I’ve missed it.

Old May 24, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: Some
Interesting, I actually have the same for a flight to CFU in July. Assume it's an IT glitch whilst all the lounges are closed given the last sentence, as I am very much not Premier.
paulaf likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Perhaps, in view of current circumstances, BA has decided to extend Premier membership to all current members of the BAEC irrespective of the current level?! I suspect even that might not satisfy some people on the other thread however
Old May 24, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Mike P
Perhaps, in view of current circumstances, BA has decided to extend Premier membership to all current members of the BAEC irrespective of the current level?! I suspect even that might not satisfy some people on the other thread however
At a minimum, they should gift me PfL
Mike P and krispy84 like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
Possibly - but it was on mine when I was in WTP, so wouldn't have had lounge access normally. But as I said, if you didn't know much about it and see it in your MMB....
Makes sense for distancing. Eg. table service, booths, more space generally.

It also seems reasonable to use your ‘best’ facilities if volumes are super low
Old May 24, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Mike P
Perhaps, in view of current circumstances, BA has decided to extend Premier membership to all current members of the BAEC irrespective of the current level?!
Based on the fact that this has only been reported here and it's a multitude of members with this issue, perhaps Mr. Cruz has realised that the active BAEC members of this subforum are worthy of becoming Premiers.

Truth to be told, if I would have any say in the matter, I would probably award users such as CWS, KARFA and Prospero with Premier status, taken how valuable one is as a PR asset for the company, even when it's unofficial and indirect. But I do understand that's not a reality, taken how that status seems to be awarded usually and the modus operandi of Mr. Cruz.
Mike Skyflier likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've continued flying domestically over the last few months and all bookings have invited me to use the CCR, despite the lounges being closed and I have no eligibility as a Gold. Very much an I.T. glitch I'd say.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Boeing77W
I've continued flying domestically over the last few months and all bookings have invited me to use the CCR, despite the lounges being closed ..............
I have a strange hunch that the invitations will miraculously disappear (with an amazing piece of coincidental timing) just as soon as the CCR reopens.

Mind you, that day is a long way off ..... so you should make the most of your unfettered CCR access - virtually of course - while you can

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.