BA cancellation question?

Old May 24, 20, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Question BA cancellation question?

First, if this question is redundant or not in the proper forum then I sincerely apologize but after doing some searching I have not found the answer (though it may be buried in the forum somewhere).

I have a flight scheduled to/from Philadelphia to Europe through LHR in September for a trip that is, likely, to be cancelled by the tour operator.

As you know, PHL is NOT a city where people are allowed to depart from or return to from Europe and I don't know when that designation might change?

Having said all of that I have three questions if the current situation does not change in the next couple of months:

1. Will BA try to reroute the current flight to a different airprt (JFK/LGW/etc.); or,

2. Will they CANCEL my flights outright?; and,

3. How long before the flights has BA normally been notifying passengers of the cancellation?

Thank you to anyone who can respond and, again, I do apologize if these questions have been answered somewhere else in this forum.

Be safe and be well!
Old May 24, 20, 1:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
September is a long way away so I really donít think anyone can give you anything other than guesswork atm.

1. I donít think any flights to the US have been rerouted to gateways. Any that were to non gateways have just been cancelled.

2. Possibly. It will either go as planned or get cancelled.

3. Maybe in August.
Old May 24, 20, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Karfa,

Thank you very much for your responses...they are very helpful!

Take care and be well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: