I booked new flights and it felt so good

Old May 15, 20, 2:14 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
I booked new flights and it felt so good

I was on the phone with BA GGL earlier due to some cancellations and exec club issue, and in meantime i booked a new flight for August. the agent was positively surprised, she mentioned it has been a while since she had to read-back 'new' flights and price things. Let's all hope that this temporary stumble will be overcome and we will all be back in the skies soon!
Old May 15, 20, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yep me too ! Booked 4 weekends but only from November onwards. SOF/MAD/ACE/GIB.

Did feel very good !
TRISTAR1979, TPRun and samfrost93 like this.
Old May 15, 20, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Hilton,
Absolutely, I know how it felt going to a Tesco after 2 weeks self isolating, so can only imagine how it felt booking a flight. 🤞 you get to actually go on it.
Old May 15, 20, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
🤞🤞🤞
I have something booked for Aug too and I would looooove to go on it.
Travelling in Ďthe new normalí does seem like it could be boring though..!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I made a booking for next March, the agent triple checked I really wanted to make a new booking and not cancel one! I was his first sale in 3 weeks.
Old May 15, 20, 4:45 pm

Don’t worry....us frequent flyers have been booking flights for weeks now

Considering some of the pricing, it’s been open season to capatalise.
Tobias-UK and SavvyTravel like this.
Old May 15, 20, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
I was on the phone with BA GGL earlier due to some cancellations and exec club issue, and in meantime i booked a new flight for August. the agent was positively surprised, she mentioned it has been a while since she had to read-back 'new' flights and price things. Let's all hope that this temporary stumble will be overcome and we will all be back in the skies soon!
Does this mean youíve finally got over your hatred of BA...?
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Glad to see so many people here extending interest-free credit lines to BA!
Old May 15, 20, 6:20 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
Does this mean youíve finally got over your hatred of BA...?
haha itís an on and off love affair. I feel LX and AF both betrayed me with their attitude
londonba2014 likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 7:11 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Gold, Hyatt Glob
Will you feel so good in august when you’re on hold waiting to request a refund?
Acollier82 and choosethedrew like this.
Old May 15, 20, 8:36 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
I recently booked TK domestic flights as air and rail travel in Turkey should resume on 28 May.
And I exceptionally feel very happy to be back in the air.
Old May 15, 20, 9:18 pm

Chipping in from the US! I booked a flight MSP-LAS in November, and I can't wait. $74.20 round trip, non-stop, you can't beat that.

I'm traveling (hopefully) for SEMA, the largest aftermarket automotive accessory show in the world. I went last year for the first time, and was dying to return this year. I have serious doubts that it will happen, but I'm optimistic. The show dates are November 3rd to the 7th, and I have the aforementioned flight booked plus a 4 night stay at the Strat that I snagged for $49/night on hotwire. Worse comes to worse, I plan to go to Vegas and relax for a week. Or get a refund. Who knows, either way I'm excited to fly!
James91 likes this.
Old May 16, 20, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Yes rebooked a cancelled avios trip for 2021 with the same avios and RFS money. Hotel refundable up to next April. If more people did that it might help keep the redundancies down!
interesting our first choice hotel had already gone so lots of people must have had the same idea.
Old May 16, 20, 12:45 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Iíve got to go to AMS tomorrow...booked yesterday after some deliberation. Concluded itís materially less risk than a trip to Tesco.

Effectively a day trip, however I need to stay overnight as there is only one flight every other day on BA (daily on KLM) save for Sunday and Monday. Hilton Schipol, room service, and no lounges beckons...

Very bizarre, but am genuinely excited...
Old May 16, 20, 12:51 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch View Post
I’ve got to go to AMS tomorrow...booked yesterday after some deliberation. Concluded it’s materially less risk than a trip to Tesco.

Effectively a day trip, however I need to stay overnight as there is only one flight every other day on BA (daily on KLM) save for Sunday and Monday. Hilton Schipol, room service, and no lounges beckons...

Very bizarre, but am genuinely excited...
The Netherlands does not have a self-quarantine requirement ( except for high-risk countries ) and accepts UK citizens so enjoy your trip!
Please don't forget to take photos of your travel and the empty terminals.

Bon voyage.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: