Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where in the world [would BA have taken me] now, if not for Covid

Where in the world [would BA have taken me] now, if not for Covid

Old May 14, 20, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, IHG Gold Elite
Unhappy Where in the world [would BA have taken me] now, if not for Covid

Should have arrived in Nashville on Tuesday 12th for my and Mrs B.first visit to that part of the States.Had planned a few days touring, maybe some other time.
Would have been our first flight on B787-9 and an opportunity to try out the smaller First cabin, again maybe some other time.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 14, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Nice idea for a thread;

I should have been onboard BA676 from LHR to IST last Friday and I should have been onboard TK54 to SIN next Saturday.
However, for the present time, I was already scheduled to be in IST.
Old May 14, 20, 8:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
Israel. maybe next year...
Old May 14, 20, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Total Wine & More Reserve
Was planning on being home all along this week, but I should have been vacationing in the UK a few weeks ago, and later this month I should have been trying out the Club Suite for the first time on another trip that I've had to cancel.

Another time, hopefully...
Old May 15, 20, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
I should have just left the Pumphouse Point hotel in Tasmania to fly to Sydney and stay with friends for a fortnight before flying First back to LHR...
We look forward to doing it another time instead!
Old May 15, 20, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Would be just backed from Shetland

Missed the snow!
smokie36 likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 12:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I should now be enjoying breakfast on BA11 (LHR-SIN), and ready to land in about 2 hours
mikeyfly and ENTP like this.
Old May 15, 20, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by allturnleft View Post
Would be just backed from Shetland

Missed the snow!

Was mostly a drizzle on my way in to work.

Planned a long walk today but it looks more like a netflix day looking outside with coffee in hand.

Next trip was not planned but looking at Thailand speculatively for August....fingers crossed!
allturnleft likes this.
Old May 15, 20, 1:35 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Right now, home. But next week I should have gone to Iceland with BA, for a nice 4 days trip.
We'll wait for better times.
Old May 15, 20, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Should've gone to Helsinki at the beginning of the month. Would have gotten to Silver...
Old May 15, 20, 1:43 am

I would probably be awake early having arrived yesterday in Antigua and looking forward to a day lazing in the sunshine, drinking cocktails and reading the many books I downloaded on my Kindle.

Instead I'm furloughed at home in Cornwall in beautiful sunshine waiting on the arrival of a new poly tunnel (can't have that positive balance sitting on Amex forever). I do have a couple of tins of Pina Colada that I can whip up into something nice later; when the sun is past the yard arm.

I spent some time yesterday looking at webcams around the world. Not just the stunning beaches but major landmarks and it was quite eery seeing them with no crowds. A cliff edge bar in Jamaica (Ricks?) looked particularly sad without people. There was one stand-out - a very busy beach in Florida.
Old May 15, 20, 2:08 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Bhutan...trecking.
dcmike, deeruck and subject2load like this.
Old May 15, 20, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Should've flown to Barbados yesterday on a 2-4-1 redemption in F. Short transfer flight to Bequia, four nights there, followed by four nights at the new Mandarin Oriental in Canouan

At least I am building up holiday allowance, I suppose!
Old May 15, 20, 2:21 am

We would now be in Seattle after spending last week in Portland before flying back next Wednesday.
Old May 15, 20, 2:30 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club
We would have just returned from Iceland, our 5th trip there, renting a car and driving round lesser known spots.

We were also scouting a long weekend for the SOs birthday, most likely Nice. I do love the Mediterranean coast this at this time of year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: