Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where in the world [would BA have taken me] now, if not for Covid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where in the world [would BA have taken me] now, if not for Covid

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Would be in Houston right now. Missing my crawfish fix......
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Would have been in Brussels and Las Vegas for 2 weeks at the end of April (and on the upper deck of the 744 which I will probably not get to go on any more)

Also would have had a summer flight booked prob to singapore

regards

Tbs
Old May 15, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I was in Dallas last week, at a Microsoft event that was originally in California. then in a few weeks I'll be Vegas. Oh, and somewhere in the middle I am overdue a visit to our Bangalore office.

I'm not one for collecting souvenirs but I do have a few evoucher emails as memoirs of the trips.
Old May 15, 2020, 3:39 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I’d be in Zambia/Zimbabwe at VFA/LVI after a week in South Africa on the Garden Route. *sigh*

Would have flown JAX-JFK-LHR-CPT/-PLZ-JNB-LVI-JNB-LHR-JFK-JAX - I’d booked the long haul a year in advance as a 241.
Stez likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 3:44 am

I'd have been in seat 3A on 747 to MIA this afternoon, for leisure, treating myself and travelling alone. Remember those times!! 😐
Old May 15, 2020, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Unhappy

We should be in Malta [again], instead of being marooned on Jersey with no flights or ferries.

Last edited by T8191; May 15, 2020 at 5:35 am
Old May 15, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Palm Springs.
Me too! Should have been supervising renovations to our condo, which we closed on the day that the US restricted UK citizens from travelling there!
Old May 15, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
We should be today in a little cabin in panguitch lake, Utah. Gutted.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Should have been in Argentina mid April, in New Jersey right now and missing out of 2 weeks in the Valencia region early June. Oh well the main thing being we are all good here.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
10 days in Mexico followed by a trip to Saudi Arabia...still hoping for St Lucia in October though...Chris
Old May 15, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
I would have just boarded the BA/AA codeshare flight to Miami taking off in 20 minutes for a work party tonight and a conference tomorrow before heading (on Spirit) to Atlantic City for more meetings early in the week prior to heading home. I had only had a bunch of UK conferences and meetings cancelled so far - this is the first of my flight bookings since all this started. It was definitely very weird being at home instead of the HGI rooftop bar watching planes yesterday afternoon/evening. Fun times!

Still hoping for my one yet to be cancelled trip to happen in October - Vegas for a conference - but with the levels of fear and panic increasing in the world and one of my flights cancelled and needing rearranging already I'm semi-resigned to not flying anywhere this year for the first time in a decade or more.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I would just have got back from Barcelona with a side-trip to Andorra, which would have been a new country for me.

Next up, and already cancelled, would have been a weekend in Riga over the bank holiday at the end of the month but that would have been with the joys of Wizz Air!

No other travel in the diary for the rest of the year. Had been thinking about a holiday in Georgia (the country not the state) for October but can't see that happening realistically. My company has banned all overseas travel for the rest of the year so won't be flying for business either.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was due to fly to Nassau tomorrow, in fact I have just received the check in notice from the app
Old May 15, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
IAD and BKK for work. The one I am really sad about will likely seem funny for many of you. My partner used to work in Bath and hasn't been there in over a decade. He loved living there and has talked a lot about going back to visit. Over Easter weekend, we were going to fly from VIE to LHR and then take the train to Bath. We were both really looking forward to the trip....maybe next spring.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:47 am

Should be heading to HAM via LHR today to start a cruise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.