Snagging a Companion Return

Old May 13, 2020, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Question Snagging a Companion Return

I've booked an outbound Club World Companion Voucher redemption for May-21 with BA. Usually I would wait a couple of weeks, call a contact centre at 1AM BST and look to obtain the return leg on the same booking. However, given covid-19 and it's impact upon the contact centres (opening times and wait times), I am wondering whether this remains the best approach or whether there are more realistic ways of snagging the return in Club World.

I'm BAEC Blue, the voucher has plenty or life on it and the route is popular and from prior experience I know the Return can often be more difficult than the Outbound to secure.

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated. This is my first post so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere and I've missed it.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Just call Japan at 1am as you bill be through in minutes.
supergers49 likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Just call Japan at 1am as you bill be through in minutes.
Thanks - I was expecting queues at all the contact centres!
Old May 13, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome @supergers49 I'd recommend a good read through of the main companion thread

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old May 13, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by supergers49
I've booked an outbound Club World Companion Voucher redemption for May-21 with BA. Usually I would wait a couple of weeks, call a contact centre at 1AM BST and look to obtain the return leg on the same booking. However, given covid-19 and it's impact upon the contact centres (opening times and wait times), I am wondering whether this remains the best approach or whether there are more realistic ways of snagging the return in Club World.

I'm BAEC Blue, the voucher has plenty or life on it and the route is popular and from prior experience I know the Return can often be more difficult than the Outbound to secure.

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated. This is my first post so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere and I've missed it.

Thanks
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Welcome @supergers49 I'd recommend a good read through of the main companion thread

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
In particular, the wiki in this thread will give you some very specific (and helpful) options. Booking your return on-line, and then later phoning the call center to retroactively apply your voucher to the booking (and getting your avios refunded), is definitely worth exploring.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:09 am
Suspended

Dont forget if you have the Avios and depending where you are going it's cheaper in taxes to book the return leg as a standalone single booking then calling up to get the Avios refunded rather than having it as a second leg of same journey
Old May 13, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club
I am only commenting to say I scrolled past this topic and had to look twice at whether it did indeed say snagging. It hasnt half given me the best laugh Ive had all day.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Malli1
I am only commenting to say I scrolled past this topic and had to look twice at whether it did indeed say snagging. It hasnt half given me the best laugh Ive had all day.
😂 Happy to have helped.
Old May 13, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was looking through the forum and thought I saw "shagging a companion..." and was immediately disappointed by my poor reading ability.
supergers49 likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by DCAFly
I was looking through the forum and thought I saw "shagging a companion...
then you realised youd already switched from that other website you were just looking at?
supergers49 likes this.

Last edited by TPRun; May 13, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Old May 15, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TPRun
then you realised youd already switched from that other website you were just looking at?

Lol. Exactly!
supergers49 and TPRun like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.