Another use for an amenity kit bag....

Old May 13, 20, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Another use for an amenity kit bag....

Now that we (in the UK) are asked to wear a face covering, a use for an old CW amenity kit bag suggested itself 😀. It is a bit big, more like a nose bag for a horse, but its better than an old T-shirt. Now, how to craft an Anna
Hindmarch F bag into a mask?!

Old May 13, 20, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Good idea.
For weeks in my town it's been compulsory for us to wear a mask every time we go out on to the street. My wife's friend made me one of similar design to that one except it's all white. Trouble is she made the ear bands too tight which make my ears stick out....hence why I rarely walk the streets.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old May 13, 20, 10:13 am

I find the eye masks are quite good to cover up mouth and nose if you turn them upside down!
Old May 13, 20, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by r22r44bell47 View Post
Now that we (in the UK) are asked to wear a face covering, a use for an old CW amenity kit bag suggested itself 😀.
That's a nifty bit of upscaling you've done there. Well done! I must say I prefer to use the eye-mask, no sewing needed! Does it have the Elemis and BA Clubworld logo on both sides and do you wear it so that they are showing?

The only downside I can see is this fitting in nicely with the DYKWIA forum in the future - "Can't you can see I'm wearing my mask showing I travel Club World - I demand to be let into the queue ahead of you!"
Old May 13, 20, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
That's a nifty bit of upscaling you've done there. Well done! I must say I prefer to use the eye-mask, no sewing needed! Does it have the Elemis and BA Clubworld logo on both sides and do you wear it so that they are showing?

The only downside I can see is this fitting in nicely with the DYKWIA forum in the future - "Can't you can see I'm wearing my mask showing I travel Club World - I demand to be let into the queue ahead of you!"

Yes, logos on the outside 😎. I thought Id wait to try queue jumping until Id worked out how to attach a gold card to the mask 😱
Old May 13, 20, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by r22r44bell47 View Post
Yes, logos on the outside 😎. I thought Id wait to try queue jumping until Id worked out how to attach a gold card to the mask 😱
Ha. If BA had a sense of humour they would make face masks instead of cards this year In the appropriate colours.
Old May 14, 20, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hhonors Gold
The White Company Club masks are pretty good- was using them upside down until my supplies of N95's arrived from a friend in Hong Kong this week.
Old May 14, 20, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by just_starting View Post
I find the eye masks are quite good to cover up mouth and nose if you turn them upside down!
But seriously, how would you breathe through that thing?!
Old May 14, 20, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Stopping breathing reduces virus transmission drastically....
Old May 19, 20, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
You don't breath through an actual mask either do you? That's the whole point I thought... My glasses fog up either way so I'm pretty sure all the air is just coming out from the top regardless.
Old May 19, 20, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by just_starting View Post
You don't breath through an actual mask either do you? That's the whole point I thought... My glasses fog up either way so I'm pretty sure all the air is just coming out from the top regardless.
Noone is expected to hold one's breath while wearing a mask! Disposable / surgical masks have a nose bridge wire that clips the top part of the flap to your nose bridge - if affixed properly, your spectacles will never fog. Understandably cloth masks don't come with this feature, and it's inconvenient / annoying when spectacles keep fogging up.
Old May 20, 20, 2:46 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
The fogging is only an issue in cold or wet weather, when it is dry it is non existent.

I use a BA White Company bag to keep my used masks before washing and donated several amenity kits to people for the same usage.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: