Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gradually the future of Air Travel becomes Clearer...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gradually the future of Air Travel becomes Clearer...

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Fomites could lurk for days assuming you have a laboratory equipment to detect them. The famed “SARS-COV-2” stays 3 days on surfaces is based studies where detection is done using lab equipment. After 3 days the load are unsignificant. Based on the half live (66 minutes down to 2 minutes outside in the sun) waiting four hours is largely suffisant to go at level where the load is too small to present a risk.
https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them
Hand cleaning and wiping working surfaces is a good risk approach. Disinfecting your groceries, specially non perishable is not.
Wow...

we need to get back to normal and will. It may not be next week but it will be in the coming months.

It’s risk management, including personal choice. I will not be bleaching my carrots or bolting my door and will be getting back to what I love, travel, as soon as possible.
the810 and paulaf like this.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
There is an interesting article on the future of air travel on the Sky News website. A very interesting read in the context of this thread: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...035?inApp=true
Kgmm77, T8191, allturnleft and 1 others like this.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks Tobias-UK for sharing that. It's a well-written article without of lot of hyperbole and captures pretty much all of the salient points.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:41 pm

After hearing all these..I am wondering how non chalant I was in recent past when seeing some filthy areas of my seat..in the loo..etc. You just ask for wet towel and sanitizer or even ask nicely the FA to take clean it up for you. Now the whole world turn upside down. Just see what health measures the airlines are dying to do just to get pax on board.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
There is an interesting article on the future of air travel on the Sky News website. A very interesting read in the context of this thread: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...035?inApp=true
I can’t help thinking most of this is customer perception, the reality is that social Dist ancing cannot be achieved on a plane.

The other point is that I think the ‘downturn’ in air travel is overstated. People want to travel and they will continue to do so once the perceived risk is a bit lower.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Redmax
After hearing all these..I am wondering how non chalant I was in recent past when seeing some filthy areas of my seat..in the loo..etc. You just ask for wet towel and sanitizer or even ask nicely the FA to take clean it up for you. Now the whole world turn upside down. Just see what health measures the airlines are dying to do just to get pax on board.
Silver lining, and I think this applies to wider life too. I live in south London and the apparent acceptance of filthy streets is ridiculous given what people are prepared to pay for their houses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.