Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what plane this is parked at YEG?

Old May 11, 2020, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: hahaha

Just driving up the QEII and all of a sudden I see a BA tail. Sudden confusion. I don't think BA's ever flown to YEG, and while they still (pre-pandemic) fly daily to YYC, I never thought I'd see the plane here. It's definitely parking because of the pandemic, but is it the YVR plane, the YYC plane, or from some other place? Obviously a single plane doesn't go to the same destination over and over...but which BA destination would it serve once it's back in service? Or is BA just parking it here as a one-off?

Took a long walk and managed to get within 500 metres of the plane without tripping any alarms. Sorry for the awful digital zoom, but if anyone could use a digital resource to hunt down what plane this is, it would really satisfy my curiosity and I'd really appreciate it.

YYCCL3 likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
It’s G-zbkh (B789) arrived on the 5th May and left on the 9th May. From LHR to LHR. I can think of a special cargo flight perhaps. No idea otherwise why but I can see all other airlines flying strange routes. Just look for Cathay and Qatar arrivals to LHR.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The following website normally records such flights: The BA Source - British Airways News & Information

Nothing showing so far. Most cargo only flights have been operated by 777s or A350s, though this is a 787. Could it be a repatriation flight? Unlikely to be a YYZ diversion, I guess.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Krisz
It’s G-zbkh (B789) arrived on the 5th May and left on the 9th May. From LHR to LHR. I can think of a special cargo flight perhaps. No idea otherwise why but I can see all other airlines flying strange routes. Just look for Cathay and Qatar arrivals to LHR.

asovse1 likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
IAG Cargo.
asovse1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.