Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight to SFO in late June

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Flight to SFO in late June

I was booked to fly to SFO in late June, flying back from SJC a few days later. Both in F.

The SFO flight was on an A380. I’ve just had a “seat change” email. It seems the SFO flight is now on a 787-8 and as such I’m moved to club. I’m a little surprised the flight is operating, but I’m guessing the change of aircraft means they are at least hoping to operate. Does the removal of First mean I can cancel the booking and get a refund?

If it makes a difference it was booked in J and upgraded using a GUF1. I’d ideally like the cash and voucher credited.

thanks in advance.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Unfortunately under the standard guidelines cancel & full refund is not an option for a cabin closure. Instead your options are:

• either accept it and get a part refund for F to CW; or
  • rebook on an alternative BA flight on the same route which does have F either same day or up to -3/+3 days, any selling class availability in first would be sufficient; or
  • rebook on an alternative BA flight on the same route which does have F more than -3/+3 days beyond the original date, same selling class would have to be available on the new flight - so probably A in your case.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. If they cancel the SJC flight on the return, I’m guessing that would be sufficient for a refund? I guess I’ll wait a bit and see what happens.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ManchesterMark
Thanks. If they cancel the SJC flight on the return, I’m guessing that would be sufficient for a refund? I guess I’ll wait a bit and see what happens.
Yes. So no need to do anything until much closer to the time , you only need to request a voucher before departure
Old May 6, 2020, 2:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ManchesterMark
Yes, if any flight in the booking is cancelled you can cancel for a full refund, or if you want rebook to any date within ticket validity.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If only there was a master thread for cancellations, advice and help near the top of the home page.... Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 6, 2020, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Interestingly, OP is still entitled to a downgrade refund of 75% of the segment fare. If he wants to cancel the trip, there is a likelihood that BA would willingly refund the ticket rather than flying OP in CW and paying him 75% of F. But, to be clear, the downgrade does not itself entitle one to a refund. If the return on the same e-ticket is cancelled, that would.
Old May 6, 2020, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As KARFA mentioned, IMO, your best bet is to wait for the SJC-LHR cancellation on the way back and get a voucher with your GUF or request a full refund.
Old May 6, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Funny, I got the same email today for my LHR->SFO flight in early June. However, when I went to Manage My Booking the message that displays is "Your flight has been cancelled". I'm in First also and will call the YouFirst line tomorrow to see if I can cancel for a full refund. (I want to cancel this flight anyway)
Old May 6, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by StingWest
Funny, I got the same email today for my LHR->SFO flight in early June. However, when I went to Manage My Booking the message that displays is "Your flight has been cancelled". I'm in First also and will call the YouFirst line tomorrow to see if I can cancel for a full refund. (I want to cancel this flight anyway)
LHR-SFO is not totally canceled through June. There is a daily flight operating but the remaining are cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.