FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Impacts of virus to BA's July schedule (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2017107-impacts-virus-bas-july-schedule.html)

paulaf May 3, 2020 11:32 am

July flight cancelled???

Just looked out of interest for a flight got booked and cannot book on it now, does that mean its about to be cancelled, can anyone advise please, LHR to TGD 4th July, return 18th July? Worried now. Thanks

ISTFlyer May 3, 2020 11:34 am

Podgorica is zeroed for the entire summer season,

It might be a technical glitch; or
BA might have decided to drop this route

paulaf May 3, 2020 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32345642)
Podgorica is zeroed for the entire summer season,

It might be a technical glitch; or
BA might have decided to drop this route

Hope its the first but think its probably the second as its a new route and hasn't even started yet! Will be trying the Orange airlines then if things open up,

Tobias-UK May 3, 2020 11:38 am

Originally Posted by paulaf (Post 32345637)
Just looked out of interest for a flight got booked and cannot book on it now, does that mean its about to be cancelled, can anyone advise please, LHR to TGD 4th July, return 18th July? Worried now. Thanks

It is zeroed out on ExpertFlyer on 4 and 11 July meaning the flight cannot currently be booked. That could be a sign of a pending cancellation. You’ll likely know for sure in the next few days.

paulaf May 3, 2020 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 32345659)
It is zeroed out on ExpertFlyer on 4 and 11 July meaning the flight cannot currently be booked. That could be a sign of a pending cancellation. You’ll likely know for sure in the next few days.

I had a 10% hope that we might have this holiday so now feel very depressed. Thanks for looking.

ISTFlyer May 3, 2020 11:47 am

Originally Posted by paulaf (Post 32345673)
I had a 10% hope that we might have this holiday so now feel very depressed.

If Montenegro opens its border for tourists, BA would not be the only option.
I am pretty sure that Ryanair or Wizz would operate flights over there but the schedules might not fit yours.

paulaf May 3, 2020 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32345678)
If Montenegro opens its border for tourists, BA would not be the only option.
I am pretty sure that Ryanair or Wizz would operate flights over there but the schedules might not fit yours.

Thanks yes believe Montenegro airport will be open according to local news that's why I'm disappointed. Just looked at Easyjet so much more expensive on their standard fare compared to CE I booked !!

Pat Leigh May 3, 2020 12:09 pm

Hope somebody can advise ...

Have a package holiday booked mid June LGW - Cancun. Have just done a dummy run and flight is now showing departing from LHR -Miami-Cancun. Would this change give us grounds to cancel our holiday and claim a refund? Tia

KARFA May 3, 2020 12:11 pm

Atm for Montenegro the update on the IATA sites shows as follows:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

MONTENEGRO -- published 15.03.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Montenegro.
- This does not apply to nationals of Montenegro.
- This does not apply to passengers who reside in Montenegro.
2. Nationals and residents of Montenegro will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
I am not sure whether there is any expectation of that changing by July.

ISTFlyer May 3, 2020 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Pat Leigh (Post 32345732)

Have a package holiday booked mid June LGW - Cancun. Have just done a dummy run and flight is now showing departing from LHR -Miami-Cancun. Would this change give us grounds to cancel our holiday and claim a refund? Tia

LGW-CUN zeroed until 1 July.
You would receive a cancellation notice soon.

By the way, was this a BA holiday or was the flight booked separately?

KARFA May 3, 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Pat Leigh (Post 32345732)

On the basis your LGW-CUN direct flight is presumably cancelled - what does your MMB show? - then yes you would be entitled to cancel and get a full refund.

paulaf May 3, 2020 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 32345735)
Atm for Montenegro the update on the IATA sites shows as follows:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

I am not sure whether there is any expectation of that changing by July.

Its being reported locally as part of their lockdown easing, they are ahead of us.

Pat Leigh May 3, 2020 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32345738)
LGW-CUN zeroed until 1 July.
You would receive a cancellation notice soon.

By the way, was this a BA holiday or was the flight booked separately?

Thank you for your reply... appreciated. Yes, it’s a BA holiday booked direct with them.

ISTFlyer May 3, 2020 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf (Post 32345748)
Its being reported locally as part of their lockdown easing, they are ahead of us.

It's too early to presume July from now.

By the way, Austrian Airlines have GBP339 r/t flights in Business Class from LHR to TGD via VIE for the same dates of your travel.

This might be your back-up plan if borders open by then.

Swanhunter May 3, 2020 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf (Post 32345748)

their lockdown easing doesn’t necessarily mean the removal of travel restrictions...