BA Gold Line Cutting Off

Old Aug 9, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Last May / June / July I could consistently get through in a few minutes whatever time of day, do you think the huge volume of FTVs is draining resource and prolonging phone calls? Or is it painful folk calling up asking entry / vaccine type queries hogging the lines?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I was similarly cut off this morning - went through the menu options then message that due to call volumes they could not handle and cut the call
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Similar problems for me today too. I'm using Skype to call the gold line. Either disconnects right after an agent has answered or at 5-10 minutes in. It's not after the exact 5 minutes described by other posters yesterday. The waiting times to get through have varied between 10 and 20 minutes and it's after that that the problems start.
Schwann likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Also had issues via Skype today, it cut off after 15 minutes. Thought it might have been the VPN but obviously not.. fortunately we were basically done.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:17 pm

I tried calling about 8 times to change a car hire that AVIS can't touch since it's a BA Holiday... but I can never get on the queue. Tried all possible times... but no dice. It's also quite frustrating to be kept on the line for almost 2 minutes, going through all sorts of menus, before being told to p*ss off.

The online chat doesn't work either. I left it on for the whole day while working, with the chatbot saying "only a few minutes". 480 minutes later no one replied. It's quite a contrast with Icelandair to name but an example.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:10 am

Just got cut off after 20 minutes in the hold queue for BA holidays having called through the Gold line. Last time I had to call them it took an hour to get through. All I want to do is get a refund on my deposit after they cancelled my flight, frustrating that I can't get this, or even a FTV, on-line, and i can't even find the on-line chat function anywhere, despite following the directions up-thread.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Just got cut off after 20 minutes in the hold queue for BA holidays having called through the Gold line. Last time I had to call them it took an hour to get through. All I want to do is get a refund on my deposit after they cancelled my flight, frustrating that I can't get this, or even a FTV, on-line, and i can't even find the on-line chat function anywhere, despite following the directions up-thread.
Same huge frustration here yesterday, but I finally got through via chat (roughly an hour wait but the wait is easier than on the phone) to a very helpful agent. I don't know that this will help you, but for me the chat function appeared as a small blue pop-up in the lower right corner of the screen after opening the up-thread link. That worked on my PC and on my Android phone (both using Chrome).
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by scoonee
Same huge frustration here yesterday, but I finally got through via chat (roughly an hour wait but the wait is easier than on the phone) to a very helpful agent. I don't know that this will help you, but for me the chat function appeared as a small blue pop-up in the lower right corner of the screen after opening the up-thread link. That worked on my PC and on my Android phone (both using Chrome).
Thanks, switched off my pop-up blocker and managed to find it, although I got through on the phone in the meantime after a 70 minute wait (plus the initial 20). Was about to throw my phone at the wall when the line went dead after getting through to the agent. Thankfully she called me back saying she hadn't been able to hear me and had hung up. The call with her probably lasted less than 2 minutes, complete waste of my time for something that should be possible to do online.
scoonee likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:13 pm

I called the Gold Line at about 8.30am. They advised me that we may be cut off, checked my mobile number and then sent me an email with their contact details. I was quite impressed (we were not cut off).
Old Aug 12, 2021, 4:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
After 3 attempts to get through I go an agent quite quickly who explained that all the systems were down and please to call back in 30 minutes ( this was two minutes ago). I just laughed but you could not make this nonsense up. Fancy them making these ridiculous Future Travel Vouchers which oblige you to call up rather than putting them into your Avios account and let you use them on line. I simply do not understand.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Gold line for flight only changes paid in cash currently rejecting calls. Absolutely diabolical service. Seems like they’ve implemented the Iberia anti-customer service call handling solution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.