Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to cut up to 12,000 jobs in "restructuring and redundancy programme"

BA to cut up to 12,000 jobs in "restructuring and redundancy programme"

Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:09 am

Maybe it is time to change the thread title to “BA wants to get rid of Eurofleet and Worldwide Crew” as some frequent contributors to this thread seem to focus on those fleets rather than other staff groups within BA who also face major changes in Working practices and/or pay.

There are plenty of other groups within BA who benefit from “old contracts” and their benefits, this is not just Worldwide and Eurofleet, it includes some members of the Flight Crew, Ground Staff and so on.... yet some seem to be thinking that Cabin Crew on Eurofleet and Worldwide had it far too good for far too long and all they do is moan. Not sure where such perception is coming from but. I leave those posters to their imagination and beliefs.

All I am saying again is that the whole of British Airways is facing a major change in all areas, including pay, conditions and working practices.
Yes some will lose more, some will lose less, I agree, but focusing on one group or two for whatever reason is not very productive nor does it fit the title of this thread.

No one is suggesting Industrial Action and going over the semantics over and over what has happened then is not relevant to the current situation.

Last edited by Flier74; Jun 10, 2020 at 7:16 am
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
https://www.standard.co.uk/business/...-a4464891.html

this simply cant be true. I feel like this is staged to make BA seem in a more dire situation that it actually is. Because selling art? I dont even think VS is doing that
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by opus99
https://www.standard.co.uk/business/...-a4464891.html

this simply can’t be true. I feel like this is staged to make BA seem in a more dire situation that it actually is. Because selling art? I don’t even think VS is doing that
Virgin is holding onto customer refunds though.
Both need cash, BA wouldn't be mortageing aircraft and taking loans if it didn't need the cash now.
mguinness likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Agent69
So to summarise:
  • I posted a factually acurate statement regarding unite calling strike action over the Christmas holiday period
  • In your eagerness to give me a good kicking and in an attempt to slap down my message you jump in head first without reading my post properly
  • I provide further details so that you can satisfy yourself that my original post was accurate
  • Instead of saying 'I'm sorry I mis-read your post', you go off on a tangent ranting about something else.

And people wonder why some of the postings on this thread are so fractious.
I'm not one for gratuitously attacking people on a forum so I'll remove myself from this conversation and this thread.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Wow this has really turned into a nasty thread... I will follow the lead of other people here and unsubscribe, but not before suggesting to the mods that this thread be closed. I'm saying this for good of the BAEC community on FT.

To those who stay: If you can't say something nice, shut down your computer and go for a walk.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by OhLordy
Fair point...but I note you dont mention BALPA who strategically called strikes over holidays.

You seem hell bent on trashing Unite and CC. Why?
My quest (along with possibly a small goup of other people), is to seek out the truth (you know the whole truth and nothing but the truth), to expose misinformation from wherever it comes, and to challenge those who say it is fine for unions / crew to act in a particular way, but not OK for BA to do an identical thing when roles are reversed. That way everyone can have the facts and everyone can take a balanced view on the reasonableness of BA's actions, and employees responses.
  • I've heard Red Len spouting off about 60 - 70% wage cuts and poverty pay, which as the vast majority will know is nonsense. However, rather than calling out Red Len for his lies, those on this forum who are 'in the know' stay silent happy to perpetuate the spread of this misinformation.
  • I haven't made too many comments about mixed fleet, who in reality (along with most other parts of BA) will probably be asked to take fairly modest pay cuts in line with the sacrifices being asked of other people across the country.
  • And that just leaves us with the elephant in the room. I have no axe to grind with the legacy crew in relation to their 'generous' pay and perks package. If BA were daft enough to agree it then bigger fools them. However, what irritates me greatly about LC is their reluctance to accept that they are on a nice little earner, and in some cases should be getting even more. It's an incongrous, unmaintainable position.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:45 am
Suspended

......I've heard Red Len.......
Who is Red Len?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by delores
I think you will find, if you do some research, that Alex had a hefty pay rise September 2019.
By 530k. Nice work if you can get it, assuming he wasn't being underpaid in the first place.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/ba-ch...ries-10712855/
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by richardwft
Who is Red Len?
If you genuinely don't know, enter the term into Google and the answer will appear at the top of the page.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:51 am

My quest (along with possibly a small goup of other people), is to seek out the truth (you know the whole truth and nothing but the truth), to expose misinformation from wherever it comes, and to challenge those who say it is fine for unions / crew to act in a particular way, but not OK for BA to do an identical thing when roles are reversed. That way everyone can have the facts and everyone can take a balanced view on the reasonableness of BA's actions, and employees responses.
  • I've heard Red Len spouting off about 60 - 70% wage cuts and poverty pay, which as the vast majority will know is nonsense. However, rather than calling out Red Len for his lies, those on this forum who are 'in the know' stay silent happy to perpetuate the spread of this misinformation.
  • I haven't made too many comments about mixed fleet, who in reality (along with most other parts of BA) will probably be asked to take fairly modest pay cuts in line with the sacrifices being asked of other people across the country.
  • And that just leaves us with the elephant in the room. I have no axe to grind with the legacy crew in relation to their 'generous' pay and perks package. If BA were daft enough to agree it then bigger fools them. However, what irritates me greatly about LC is their reluctance to accept that they are on a nice little earner, and in some cases should be getting even more. It's an incongrous, unmaintainable position.
Are you stating that you are BA management as some posters have mentioned? Otherwise I dont understand how you can possible shed light (or truth as you have put it) on many topics raised as they are specific to individual staff members who have been posting? The BA contributors have been giving their own personal experiences but Im struggling to understand what perspectives you are trying to bring on this other than youre own take on things - which like many have said, is pure speculation. Unless you are BA management....???
flygirl68 and Silver Fox like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:51 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
It may well be time to close this thread but to me those now withdrawing are doing so simply because they are have a hard and firm view and a few of us do not agree with their assertion that BA / WW is a bully.

As I said earlier, I think a great deal of vitriol and venom has come from BA staffers directed at posters who have dared to disagree with them. That is sad.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:53 am

By 530k. Nice work if you can get it, assuming he wasn't being underpaid in the first place.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/ba-ch...ries-10712855/
The article states 2017?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:53 am
Suspended

If you genuinely don't know, enter the term into Google and the answer will appear at the top of the page.
I get a recipe for Red Lentil soup.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:55 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I get a recipe for Red Lentil soup.
I mistyped and got information on Red Hen which is a Lidl chicken brand it would seem
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Who is Red Len?
I believe the poster is referring to the general secretary of Unite, Len McCluskey.

Denigrating people by using smears such as red and commie just highlights the agenda of the poster and does them no favours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.