Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on book with confidence vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:59 pm

I am still waiting for a promised voucher from when the lockdown very first started. I’m assuming I can use the original booking ref if it doesn’t come through to re book when I’m ready?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by thatsthebadger
I am still waiting for a promised voucher from when the lockdown very first started. I’m assuming I can use the original booking ref if it doesn’t come through to re book when I’m ready?
Me too. I think there are many of us in this situation.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thatsthebadger
Originally Posted by Bcla
Me too. I think there are many of us in this situation.
Have either of you tried using the qnatas method to check? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32228575-post954.html

It may be that your vouchers are ready.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Hawk777
yes any vouchers are contained in the bwc voucher
Noooooooo rang up for a refund the other day for a 2 4 1...

Might book a flight for June and hope it's canceled.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seeing reports of GUFs being extended, I am wondering if something has gone wrong for me…

On 22 April 2019 I booked flights to Japan for March 2020 using GUF2 #1 with expiry date of 16 July 2019

TA suspended the booking and a voucher was banked for rebooking in the next 12 months.

I’ve subsequently rebooked for March 2021, inside of the original 12 month voucher validity. There was a small cost change (£84) and tickets have been reissued with new PNR.

However the original GUF2 #1 wasn’t applied and my unused GUF2 #2 with expiry 23 Jan 2021 was used instead.

Is that correct? It seems odd because if I didn’t have an unused GUF2 #2 then I wouldn’t have been able to rebook? Have I just lost out because even extending GUF2 #1 by 6 months it would still have expired Jan 2020 so I missed out by 3 months because I rebooked in April?

Nothing was said at the time of rebooking and I only discovered when I checked that my newly minted Amex 241 had arrived in my account and couldn’t work out where my unused GUF2 had gone!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:24 am

Requested a Future Travel Voucher on 6 April 2020, booking is still showing and no emails since ???
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by argonath
Requested a Future Travel Voucher on 6 April 2020, booking is still showing and no emails since ???
When is the travel? And what does the Qantas method display?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LBP2
However the original GUF2 #1 wasn’t applied and my unused GUF2 #2 with expiry 23 Jan 2021 was used instead.
That seems incorrect to me, the original GUF should have been used and available for use for the length of the eVoucher period (which was 1 year at that time, and is now potentially 2 years). The TA probably is not at fault for once, they contact BA and BA does the GUF work - it looks to me to be a clerical error. Ideally the TA will liaise with BA on this. If you are GGL then by all means also ring the Manchester team for assistance.
LBP2 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
I have Avios 2-4-1 reward flights in First to Tel Aviv that now fall within the dates for taking the voucher. The flights still haven't been cancelled though I suspect they will. With the voucher extension to Apr 2022 it seems a better option since the 2-4-1 extended date is only to Sep 2021 but do I still need to find Avios reward availability to use the e-voucher or can I now book any flight that has available seats in First (assuming there is still a First cabin on flights to Tel Aviv)?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When is the travel? And what does the Qantas method display?
It was for Sept 2020 (I cancelled trip), Qantas showing :
"Check that the booking reference and surname are correct.
If a flight credit is being issued, you can review your booking once your flight credit has been processed.
If a refund is being issued, you are no longer able to review your booking online. We will notify you once the refund has been processed. (8104)"
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by argonath
It was for Sept 2020 (I cancelled trip), Qantas showing :
That shows the hallmark of being a cancelled-for-refund booking, rather than a cancelled-for-eVoucher. If BA has already cancelled the flight then that's fine, if the flight is still operating then something seems to have gone wrong here (unless you specifically wanted a cash refund, but it would be under the booked refund rules). I would call up early / late to see what more you can find out.
argonath likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by AJA_
I have Avios 2-4-1 reward flights in First to Tel Aviv that now fall within the dates for taking the voucher. The flights still haven't been cancelled though I suspect they will. With the voucher extension to Apr 2022 it seems a better option since the 2-4-1 extended date is only to Sep 2021 but do I still need to find Avios reward availability to use the e-voucher or can I now book any flight that has available seats in First (assuming there is still a First cabin on flights to Tel Aviv)?
If you go for a straight rebook, then you just need cabin space available in the next 355 days (though I'm not convinced TLV will survive as a First route, but that's besides the point). This will require the flight to be cancelled by BA but it may be YouFirst will just rebook you now. If you go for the eVoucher you have a longer period to use the travel, to 2022, but you will need Avios availability, which is usually fairly easy on that route.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:05 am

That shows the hallmark of being a cancelled-for-refund booking, rather than a cancelled-for-eVoucher. If BA has already cancelled the flight then that's fine, if the flight is still operating then something seems to have gone wrong here (unless you specifically wanted a cash refund, but it would be under the booked refund rules). I would call up early / late to see what more you can find out.
Cheers C-W-S et al
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
If you go for a straight rebook, then you just need cabin space available in the next 355 days (though I'm not convinced TLV will survive as a First route, but that's besides the point). This will require the flight to be cancelled by BA but it may be YouFirst will just rebook you now. If you go for the eVoucher you have a longer period to use the travel, to 2022, but you will need Avios availability, which is usually fairly easy on that route.
Thanks C-W-S! Your advice is much appreciated as always.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
That seems incorrect to me, the original GUF should have been used and available for use for the length of the eVoucher period (which was 1 year at that time, and is now potentially 2 years). The TA probably is not at fault for once, they contact BA and BA does the GUF work - it looks to me to be a clerical error. Ideally the TA will liaise with BA on this. If you are GGL then by all means also ring the Manchester team for assistance.
Speaking with the GL, it appears I have fallen between the gaps somewhere because the TA created a new booking so the (now expired) GUF2 #1 couldn’t be applied to the new PNR. For the GUF to carry over the reticketing needs to be made in the original PNR.

Nothing BA can do as they are seeing GUF #1 as having expired Jan 2020 (with the 6 months extension) so basically gone. Nothing the TA can do as the old PNR is now cancelled and I have a completely new, separate booking with its own PNR, with GUF2 #2 applied.

I know in the scheme of things it’s not a huge deal, but at the same time neither of my GUFs just fell out of the sky and I feel I have been gently robbed because of a couple of admin screwups, and I have zero comeback from either the TA or BA

Followed up by a call from an incredible manager in Newcastle who has had it all fixed, and my unexpired GUF2 #2 is now back in my account.

I know BA come in for a lot of criticism but the few issues I have had over the last couple of years have been dealt with quickly and professionally by the team on the GL.

Last edited by LBP2; Apr 29, 2020 at 4:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.