Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OTA Kissandfly Selling BA Marketed US Domestic Itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

When glimpsing through Skiplagged for a US Domestic ticket, I have realized that OTA Kissandfly was selling domestic itineraries marketed under the BA code and flights operated by American Airlines. This applies to some US domestic routes operated by AA but not all of them.

Is there any experience from this OTA that they are able to book 125- stock tickets under the BA code for US domestic itineraries?
The flights are available on Skiplagged and Skiplagged would direct you to this OTA.

The interesting part is that flight AA 84 is shown as flight BA 84 but not with its original codeshare number.

Screenshots below; comments and experiences are all welcome

Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:18 am

I think it's just an error. BA84 is a flight number for YVR-LHR. I doubt it would stick with the BA codes ; it might just ticket with the correct AA codes.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
AA has a flight numbered 88 DFW-LAX and they also have a flight number 2288 for DCA-DFW

Looks like the agency have meesed up some of the conversions and is rendering 'AA' in the table as 'BA'

A BA code share on n AA internal flight would not have the exact same flight number.

Try adding DFW-LAX onto a TATL on BA website and see the BA code share number

I really don't think you would get this on a BA 125 ticket.
Often1 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There are two further considerations:

1. AA scheduling is shifting routinely. Often up until the night before a scheduled flight. Refunds for cancellations, rebookings and the like are easily accomplished online on aa.com. Not if you have booked throughan opaque third-party, e.g. an "OTA".
2. AA has some of the most sophisticated anti-fraud software in the business. It does a decent job of sniffing out hidden city ticket fraud.

The cheapest ticket may not be the least expensive journey.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:26 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Often1
There are two further considerations:

1. AA scheduling is shifting routinely. Often up until the night before a scheduled flight. Refunds for cancellations, rebookings and the like are easily accomplished online on aa.com. Not if you have booked throughan opaque third-party, e.g. an "OTA".
2. AA has some of the most sophisticated anti-fraud software in the business. It does a decent job of sniffing out hidden city ticket fraud.

The cheapest ticket may not be the least expensive journey.
I think you may have misinterpreted this somewhat. I imagine the OP may be interested in these being BA codes because it would be an easier route for many to obtain the 2/4/4 flights for Bronze/Silver/Gold status if correct, given under all other known circumstances an associated TATL is needed.

Absolutely nothing to do with hidden city ticketing or even cost.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I think you may have misinterpreted this somewhat. I imagine the OP may be interested in these being BA codes because it would be an easier route for many to obtain the 2/4/4 flights for Bronze/Silver/Gold status if correct, given under all other known circumstances an associated TATL is needed.

Absolutely nothing to do with hidden city ticketing or even cost.
OP advised that he was looking through Skiplagged for this. Only one reason for that. But, perhaps OP could clarify.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
OP advised that he was looking through Skiplagged for this. Only one reason for that. But, perhaps OP could clarify.
I just found this when I was looking at some dummy fares. The fares under the BA codes are significantly expensive than booking via AA.com so the issue was not related to the price or hidden-city.
However, it would be nice to fulfill the 2/4/4 requirements with these flights if possible.

Edit: I use Skiplagged when I search for US itineraries as it is one of the rare systems that shows the price for Southwest flights.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:47 pm

This looks like the agency messing up an NDC itinerary to me,

BA does not have the legal right to sell purely domestic itineraries in the US. If you somehow manage to get this ticketed both BA and AA have robots that will automatically cancel it again, if for no other reason than to avoid issues with the DOT.
LCY8737 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.