BA 787-10 deliveries

Old May 27, 20, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Unless that flight isn't something scheduled, that information seems out of date.
Atlanta is not one of the operating routes in June.
Yes I did notice that myself. However wasn't it mentioned here by someone that it was going to be doing cargo flights initially?
Old May 27, 20, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by SonicStar817 View Post
Yes I did notice that myself. However wasn't it mentioned here by someone that it was going to be doing cargo flights initially?
This is correct, they havenít released any further information. Afraid I donít have anything on G-ZBLB.
Old May 29, 20, 1:48 pm

787-10

First post here!

I'm a huge Dreamliner fan and was very excited for BA to get their 787-10. Obviously the aircraft appears good to go, so when are BA doing their delivery flight? I know it was scheduled for tomorrow but appears to have been pushed back again.
Old May 31, 20, 4:36 am

G-ZBLB will "apparently" be delivered before G-ZBLA
i say apparently as i'm not 100% sure that this is actually true but if someone can confirm that would be great
i had a feeling though that this might happen
Old May 31, 20, 5:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BenWBriscoe View Post
First post here!
As a passenger I am also an admirer of 787s and I can see they will continue to be a big part of BA's future. While I can't help with your question, I will nevertheless welcome you to Flyertalk BenWBriscoe, and welcome you to Flyertalk.
Old May 31, 20, 2:40 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC GCH (currently), AA LTG (FWIW)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
... I will nevertheless welcome you to Flyertalk BenWBriscoe, and welcome you to Flyertalk.
Two welcomes to FT in one sentence! Is BenWBriscoe special or is c-w-s losing his touch?

rb211.
Old Jun 9, 20, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Any further updates on G-ZBLA?
Old Jun 9, 20, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
Any further updates on G-ZBLA?
Someone on a London aviation facebook group said its now delayed to July. At this point, I'll probably get my Geminijets model of it before the real one lands at Heathrow.
Speedbird Julie and BAeuro like this.
Old Jun 9, 20, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Someone on a London aviation facebook group said its now delayed to July. At this point, I'll probably get my Geminijets model of it before the real one lands at Heathrow.
I mean it really is awful that an aircraft due in January is still having issues in June. Says a lot about Boeing.
Old Jun 9, 20, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
I mean it really is awful that an aircraft due in January is still having issues in June. Says a lot about Boeing.
I'm certainly not a Boeing fanboy but you can't necessarily blame them entirely. Their production lines were shut down for a few weeks due to the pandemic plus, I think someone mentioned on here, there was an issue with the cabin. You only have to go back to the early QR 787s and the huge issues Boeing had with their cabins. Is that Boeing's fault or QR's or BA's due to the design they chose? Probably a bit of both but all early builds are a learning curve. Even something that seems as simple as fitting wifi has gone from a six day job to less than 36 hours.
I know it's easy to knock Boeing at the moment due to the amount of scrutiny and publicity they've had over the past two years. I bet Airbus are thankful it's not them under the spotlight. Probably why they haven't been gloating at Boeing's issues pre-Covid.

But yeah, a six month delay in normal times is far too much and I'm sure the airlines are compensated for the delays.

In other news, Boeing announced their May facts and figures today. No 787s delivered the whole month. That hasn't happened since 2013. Tough times!
Old Jun 10, 20, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP GOLD, AA PLAT, UA SILVER, DL SILVER, IHG PLAT.
I'm hopeful the aircraft gets delivered in July, I would love to fly on its first revenue flight.
Old Jun 12, 20, 6:09 am

Apparently now due the 18th of June according to the same source.
Old Jun 12, 20, 6:32 am

Apparently now due the 18th of June according to the same source.
Is this quite a reliable source?
Old Jun 12, 20, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by BenWBriscoe View Post
Is this quite a reliable source?
As far as I'm aware yes. They had also announced the initial delays as well. I have also seen the 18th confirmed by another source.
Old Jun 12, 20, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Arrival into LHR on the morning of the 18th is correct. For now

Search this Thread
Search Engine: