Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow – Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh – Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City – Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City – Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City – Dublin 17 weekly
London City – Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City – Florence 4 weekly
London City – Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City – Glasgow 13 weekly
London City – Ibiza 4 weekly
London City – Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City – Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City – Nice 4 weekly 0
London City – Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow – Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow – Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow – Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow – Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow – Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I think Mykonos will open this year in July, but it will be much quieter than usual. I still plan to go in July if there are no restrictions on going, but I do hear that many bars and beach clubs won't be opening; oh well it will be like Mykonos in the old days before it became famous!

Don't forget Mykonos will probably get more domestic tourism than usual this year with lower prices.

June is risky to the honest, but rumours in Greece are by June 15 to reduce the foreign travel restrictions in order not to trash the whole tourism season since Greece relies so heavily on tourism (literally millions of jobs in a country of 11,000,000), so that's a tight one!

Anyway in June the sea is still quite chilly in Mykonos, the earliest I went for a swim was end of June and even then it was quite cool!

Again Greece has not banned EU citizens from visiting its country, it's just that all GR arrivals currently require 14 day quarantine and I am not sure it will be released until June. I am sure GR will want to do so as soon as possible, not only because of tourism but because of its huge expat population.

I am currently scheduled to fly to Corfu on 2 June and then have flights to Munich and Pisa booked in August. I very much hope that they will happen, and a lot can change in a month! At the end of the day one thing is sure nobody knows (even the so called experts) what this virus is going to do and governments (many of whom procrastinated for too long!) have to choose between infecting your populace or destroying your economy. There is also a high chance that the virus will disappear suddenly never to be seen again...
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
it's just immigration he is planning to ban due to massive unemployment, not travel per se. Most travellers to USA are not immigrants.
Indeed. And the UK will be fine, we're the "right" sort of foreigners for them.

His tweet and Executive Order is a poorly hidden attempt to attack Mexico and Latin American immigrants, and of course, the subjects of his initial travel ban way back when he took office.

It'll get struck down by a federal judge (again!) as soon as borders reopen and it actually matters.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
At the moment, no one gets into the US, regardless of whether you are the right sort of foreigner or not.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
At the moment, no one gets into the US, regardless of whether you are the right sort of foreigner or not.
Did you miss this bit on purpose?
Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
Indeed. And the UK will be fine, we're the "right" sort of foreigners for them.

His tweet and Executive Order is a poorly hidden attempt to attack Mexico and Latin American immigrants, and of course, the subjects of his initial travel ban way back when he took office.It'll get struck down by a federal judge (again!) as soon as borders reopen and it actually matters.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bar Operator
I can see the arguments on both sides, but ultimately there comes a point where people’s assessment of risk changes with time, and so plans and policies have to change. There appears to be broad support for the measures currently undertaken to help stop the spread. The question is ..for how long ? People are generally supportive, but ask them if they’d be willing to have most of the measures in place for another 6 months ....well I’m not sure what the response would be then.

I don’t think you can lock people in their homes indefinitely, or until a vaccine comes along...if it comes along.
Agreed. It is difficult.

Unless the move back to Open (in whatever form it takes), occurs on the basis of sound medical advice, the gains from increased freedom including flying around the world to get status or see family members could come at a cost of an increased death rate.

Governments will need to have a grown up conversations with their population that increased freedom and economic benefits could come with risks.

I suspect freedom will be fine for many until it hits close to home...

I have June flights so will see if these take place. They were cancelled in May.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
Did you miss this bit on purpose?
My point was a different one.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Ive got a BA Holiday in Magaluf mid June club europe from LHR and hotel 10 nights.

my GF has still got a couple of hundred to pay which is due before May. Obviously very hopeful our booze up holiday goes ahead, but if its cancelled before she pays full amount, would she have to pay it to then get it refunded ?

I would not be interested in taking the trip if the airport and on plane service isnt back, ie lounge, champagne etc. The journey is just as important as the holiday to me
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hungry
Ive got a BA Holiday in Magaluf mid June club europe from LHR and hotel 10 nights.

my GF has still got a couple of hundred to pay which is due before May. Obviously very hopeful our booze up holiday goes ahead, but if its cancelled before she pays full amount, would she have to pay it to then get it refunded ?

I would not be interested in taking the trip if the airport and on plane service isnt back, ie lounge, champagne etc. The journey is just as important as the holiday to me
I doubt very much that Magaluf will be up and running and welcoming with open arms in June, but I am nearly certain that, if your flight goes out at all (unlikely) it will be bare bones. I would reschedule in your case.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:03 am

I doubt very much that Magaluf will be up and running and welcoming with open arms in June, but I am nearly certain that, if your flight goes out at all (unlikely) it will be bare bones. I would reschedule in your case.
I rather suspect so too. I am hoping, in that case that they just refund us.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:08 am
Suspended

I’d be talking to BA Holidays and your travel insurance for options now.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hungry

The situation is that BA Holidays are pro-actively cancelling non-viable bookings, provided you have kept the payment up to date. If you are in the grey area where somehow the booking is viable but with a sharpty reduced customer experience then you have some come back via consumer legislation after the event. You can contact BA Holidays when you are about 4 weeks from departure, and they will tell you what flexibility you have on the booking, and you can see on the hotel vouchers now whether it was an inflexible hotel booking, this gives you more information on whether to pay the final settlement and still have some refund options after that. You also need to check with your insurance company since if you paid the deposit far enough back they too may have a view on this (which may well be "don't pay the final settlement"). If you don't pay the final settlement then you have mitigated your losses but you may miss out on a full refund. The final settlement should now be payable at 3 weeks from what we've seen, so you probably best leave a decision on this until 4 weeks to departure or so.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Agree as regards any June ‘re-opening’ ...... I would put money on that not happening. And very possibly, not even July & August too. (and I say this with no pleasure, as one who travels to Spain every June, and also in other months).

I guess the wider question is whether - regardless of when exactly Spain chooses to end / ease lockdown for its own citizens - it will necessarily then be ready to allow aircraft bringing in thousands of visitors from countries where Covid-19 is still very active ...... ?

And of course that same scenario might apply to any number of other countries around the world.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The situation is that BA Holidays are pro-actively cancelling non-viable bookings, provided you have kept the payment up to date. If you are in the grey area where somehow the booking is viable but with a sharpty reduced customer experience then you have some come back via consumer legislation after the event. You can contact BA Holidays when you are about 4 weeks from departure, and they will tell you what flexibility you have on the booking, and you can see on the hotel vouchers now whether it was an inflexible hotel booking, this gives you more information on whether to pay the final settlement and still have some refund options after that. You also need to check with your insurance company since if you paid the deposit far enough back they too may have a view on this (which may well be "don't pay the final settlement"). If you don't pay the final settlement then you have mitigated your losses but you may miss out on a full refund. The final settlement should now be payable at 3 weeks from what we've seen, so you probably best leave a decision on this until 4 weeks to departure or so.
Thanks for that. I cant see anywhere on the hotel voucher where it says if it is flexible or not
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:24 am

Re insurance. We have a joint annual policy underwritten by AXA I think. Its due for renewal early May. It was obviously in date when we booked But will have expired before the trip. I was of course expecting to renew it (with the same provider or shop around for cheaper deal) Upon expiry. Will this affect our refund chances?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:33 am
Suspended

I don’t think a new policy will allow you to cancel a previously booked trip, and it will certainly have a Covid exclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.