Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow – Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh – Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City – Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City – Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City – Dublin 17 weekly
London City – Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City – Florence 4 weekly
London City – Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City – Glasgow 13 weekly
London City – Ibiza 4 weekly
London City – Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City – Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City – Nice 4 weekly 0
London City – Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow – Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow – Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow – Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow – Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow – Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: Blogger
lockdown measures

If lockdown measures are not eased that means no flight in May and june...
paulaf likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Joevr
If lockdown measures are not eased that means no flight in May and june...
That's correct. Given entry restrictions around the world, much non-essential travel is not possible anyway.
T8191 and morges1 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I am due to fly mid/late June LCY JMK LCY. I was rather hopeful about this trip, but I am now thinking that this ain’t going to happen
Old Apr 20, 2020, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Except you can't infect someone else with your lung cancer. If you choose to smoke and die prematurely from it, that's your choice. If you are an asymptomatic carrier of Covid you might infect someone who dies from it. Ergo, stay distant from others.
It's not the same, but secondhand smoking is how the risks of smoking are spread to others. My suspicion is that, for covid, we'll start seeing employers being required to provide staff masks or social distancing, together with gloves and/or hand-washing stations, and that being the full extent of legally-required mitigation.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
I am due to fly mid/late June LCY JMK LCY. I was rather hopeful about this trip, but I am now thinking that this ain’t going to happen
Mykonos has been under a very strict curfew. A priest managed to infect a whole village with the virus by flouting Greece's lockdown rules and Greece itself is saying that they will not lift flight restrictions from UK, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey & Germany until at least June.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by cauchy
It's not the same, but secondhand smoking is how the risks of smoking are spread to others. My suspicion is that, for covid, we'll start seeing employers being required to provide staff masks or social distancing, together with gloves and/or hand-washing stations, and that being the full extent of legally-required mitigation.
Right now where social distancing is not possible (due to whatever the process is) then reducing the number of people involved and/or staff masking is used to mitigate the risk, as well as gloves /handwash.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by stevie
This post is astonishing. Fully open early June. Wow.
This place is nuts at times.
Why is it astonishing? We're (supposedly, depending if you believe the various interpretations of the data) we're all but at the theoretical peak. June is still six weeks away, we have no idea how it'll look by then.

As I said, at the outset I tended to agree that mid-May would see relaxation and June open fully. But I also said I can see that not happening now, in part due to reactions like yours an others.

This is going to become part of our lives. We are going to reach a point we accept the risk and those who wish to deal with it, can. It's all nice and sentimental to say we can wait it out for a bit longer, but global economies aren't sentimental
the810, paulaf and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
This is going to become part of our lives. We are going to reach a point we accept the risk and those who wish to deal with it, can. It's all nice and sentimental to say we can wait it out for a bit longer, but global economies aren't sentimental
It's not about your wish to accept the risk. As I have said upthread, the real danger is asymptomatic carriers passing it on to those who later die from it, and the medical system being overwhelmed in the process.

You should read this (full disclosure, I posted the same link in another CV thread):

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...dy-brain-toes#

What follows is a snapshot of the fast-evolving understanding of how the virus attacks cells around the body, especially in the roughly 5% of patients who become critically ill. Despite the more than 1000 papers now spilling into journals and onto preprint servers every week, a clear picture is elusive, as the virus acts like no microbe humanity has ever seen. Without larger, prospective controlled studies that are only now being launched, scientists must pull information from small studies and case reports, often published at warp speed and not yet peer reviewed. “We need to keep a very open mind as this phenomenon goes forward,” says Nancy Reau, a liver transplant physician who has been treating COVID-19 patients at Rush University Medical Center. “We are still learning.”
morges1 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Why is it astonishing? We're (supposedly, depending if you believe the various interpretations of the data) we're all but at the theoretical peak. June is still six weeks away, we have no idea how it'll look by then.

As I said, at the outset I tended to agree that mid-May would see relaxation and June open fully. But I also said I can see that not happening now, in part due to reactions like yours an others.

If we are at a peak of infections, it's because the country has been locked down for four weeks with very limited opportunities for transmission. If the restrictions were lifted before we have a vaccine or other method of fighting covid-19 then the infection and death rates will rocket again. That's the reality, and it's not sentimental: we have to stay at home to save the lives of the vulnerable. The economy - and flying - is going to have to wait.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
If we are at a peak of infections, it's because the country has been locked down for four weeks with very limited opportunities for transmission. If the restrictions were lifted before we have a vaccine or other method of fighting covid-19 then the infection and death rates will rocket again. That's the reality, and it's not sentimental: we have to stay at home to save the lives of the vulnerable. The economy - and flying - is going to have to wait.

There is no way we can stay locked down until a vaccine arrives. Because it may take months. It may take years. Or, it may never come.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
There is no way we can stay locked down until a vaccine arrives. Because it may take months. It may take years. Or, it may never come.
I'm not an epidemiologist, nor can I spell it without the help of google, but there's a sliding scale of lockdown measures, which can increase/decrease human contact, and therefore transmission rates / R0 values. Without a vaccine, surely the game will be about keeping the numbers in hospitals below a certain level so that they can cope, and a balance of lockdown measures and other public health measures (masks, quicker testing/results, contact tracing) to keep that rate acceptably low.
I can't imagine that air travel will be high on the list of things that they will be opening up again, as you're opening your territory up to a lot of unknowns.
Similarly, pubs and going to sporting events are probably goosed for quite some time.

As some countries are starting to open up now, there should hopefully be some useful data about rate of infection in 4 weeks time so that the decision can be led by science, and not public/media/political pressure.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:12 pm

Any word on flights from US to LHR?

I'm due to fly 3 June from IAH to LHR, then on to DUB. Any word there?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Euronewt
Unfortunately, you need to wait 3-4 weeks ( around 15 May ) to know if your flight would actually operate or not.
The final June schedule is not released yet, both for shorthaul and longhaul.
Euronewt likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Seems strange that the numbers of people who have lost their lives in New Zealand, Australia, South Korea and Germany is a wee bit lower than here in the UK.
Im sure that there are very good reasons why the numbers are so high . I’m also becoming increasingly sure that lockdown will continue, simply because it is a blunt weapon to use and requires no justification apart from platitudes describing protecting the NHS, older people etc.

i have a business in Canada which is flourishing. I can’t get there, and short term can accept that.

But, I really do expect some joined up thinking from those elected to provide country wide leadership. Currently this expectation seems positively delusional.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Euronewt
I think you should operate on the assumption that you won't be travelling. You might, but probably not.
Euronewt likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.