Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Old May 8, 20, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago OHare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City Dublin 17 weekly
London City Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City Florence 4 weekly
London City Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City Glasgow 13 weekly
London City Ibiza 4 weekly
London City Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City Nice 4 weekly 0
London City Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Old Apr 28, 20, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyCarmello View Post
More appealing than a voucher which needs to be used within 12 months, even though those 12 months have an unknown period of flight disruptions.

Where I know that I will use a voucher, and it's a low value, I'll accept it to avoid any hassle (which is what I did with <100 owed by Ryanair - couldn't face the thoughts of having the jump through their hoops for the cash I had already requested). My >1k BA flights, I'll most certainly be holding out for a cancellation and then asking for full cash refund.
I think it needs to be emphasised that where your flights are cancelled and you don't know if and when you want to rebook for, going for a cash refund is the best option. I personally would not go for an FTV in that scenario.

The scenario where FTVs are valuable is where you flights have not been cancelled and you don't know when you want to rebook for - in that case the future travel voucher is likely the best option.
Old Apr 28, 20, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
NCL-LHR cancelled through the end of June

Earliest bookable is now 1st July 🤢
Old Apr 28, 20, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Am I missing something, but why would anybody accept a voucher over a cash refund?
I have Cathay reservations for August I expect to be cancelled and there is no way I am accepting anything other than a full cash refund.
I too had email for a June flight through my business to a trade show in DUS which is no longer taking place.

If I accept a voucher I can use this personally where as if I take a cash refund it will go back to the company credit card. So for me, a voucher is better in my pocket than cash in the pocket of the business.
Old Apr 28, 20, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by anyuser View Post
Just received the voucher email for my June 20 booking to JNB. As its a corporate TA booking, the voucher cannot be claimed anyway.
Why wouldn't the voucher come to you? From what others have said about corporate TA bookings the voucher should come to the passenger. I can see the point your company would have that the voucher should be put towards a subsequent work trip you would have though.

EDIT: just to add the guidance to TAs is that the FTV is not transferable so even if your corporate TA captured the FTV they can't simply use it for someone else.

Can the credit for future travel be used for other people?
Name changes are not permitted however, the people in the original booking do not need to travel together. Each person in the original booking will have had their own ticket number which can be used jointly or separately against a new booking.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 28, 20 at 11:17 am
Old Apr 28, 20, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyCarmello View Post
More appealing than a voucher which needs to be used within 12 months, even though those 12 months have an unknown period of flight disruptions.

Where I know that I will use a voucher, and it's a low value, I'll accept it to avoid any hassle (which is what I did with <100 owed by Ryanair - couldn't face the thoughts of having the jump through their hoops for the cash I had already requested). My >1k BA flights, I'll most certainly be holding out for a cancellation and then asking for full cash refund.
It's more than 12 months.

From the mail I had: "This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022." Plenty of time, or at least let's hope so

Anyway, I'm not going to request my voucher too soon. My holiday booking has a non-refundable hotel so it seems better to wait as long as possible before requesting a voucher. If the hotel is still closed or if there are no flights, I suppose I can claim a full refund
Old Apr 28, 20, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Voucher can also be useful in case of currency shifts - which obviously only applies to some. I took cash refunds on most, but if (and mostly like when) my late June flight MEX-LHR-CDG gets cancelled, I'd take the voucher. The payment is in dollars, so if the Mexican peso sinks lower, which is quite likely, at least it holds its dollar value and can be redeemed when I need it in dollars, rather than having to scrape together even more pesos.
Old Apr 28, 20, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by TimDP View Post
It's more than 12 months.

From the mail I had: "This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022." Plenty of time, or at least let's hope so

Anyway, I'm not going to request my voucher too soon. My holiday booking has a non-refundable hotel so it seems better to wait as long as possible before requesting a voucher. If the hotel is still closed or if there are no flights, I suppose I can claim a full refund
Indeed, that is what I was saying. It is more appealing than the previous offer, which was much more limited.
Old Apr 28, 20, 12:04 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
Just received the we're-about-to-cancel-your-flight-but-want-you-to-take-a-voucher-before-we-do email for a LGW-PMI flight on Friday 12th June so looks like some further pruning to the LGW schedules is imminent
had the same for my LHR PMI flight 15th June. Magaluf not to be this year 😭

Last edited by hungry; Apr 28, 20 at 12:33 pm
Old Apr 28, 20, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silv, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Why wouldn't the voucher come to you? From what others have said about corporate TA bookings the voucher should come to the passenger. I can see the point your company would have that the voucher should be put towards a subsequent work trip you would have though.

EDIT: just to add the guidance to TAs is that the FTV is not transferable so even if your corporate TA captured the FTV they can't simply use it for someone else.
I just assumed that the text I have copied below (my bold) meant I couldn't claim from BA and to contact the TA.

Youre currently due to travel to Johannesburg on 20 June 2020, however due to the fast changing situation, we wanted to let you know that if youd like to change the date or destination of your trip and you booked directly with British Airways - you can apply for a voucher online here. This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022.

British Airways Holidays bookings can be exchanged for vouchers too, you can find more information here.

If youve booked through a travel agent, please contact them directly.
Old Apr 28, 20, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by anyuser View Post
I just assumed that the text I have copied below (my bold) meant I couldn't claim from BA and to contact the TA.

Youre currently due to travel to Johannesburg on 20 June 2020, however due to the fast changing situation, we wanted to let you know that if youd like to change the date or destination of your trip and you booked directly with British Airways - you can apply for a voucher online here. This can be redeemed against future travel, for flights taken up until 30 April 2022.

British Airways Holidays bookings can be exchanged for vouchers too, you can find more information here.

If youve booked through a travel agent, please contact them directly.
Ah, I see what you mean. So I think that just means your TA needs to handle it rather than you doing it with BA directly. You are still eligible for a voucher even if it is a TA booking.
Old Apr 28, 20, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Silv, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Ah, I see what you mean. So I think that just means your TA needs to handle it rather than you doing it with BA directly. You are still eligible for a voucher even if it is a TA booking.
Thanks Karfa
I will see what TA says, they will probably hold out for the cancellation I suspect.
Old Apr 28, 20, 3:57 pm

Brazil has extended the entry ban for another 30 days so I wonder if the GRU flights for the second half of May will be disappearing?
Old Apr 28, 20, 4:01 pm

I think given the sad news about the possibility of redundancies we should assume the timetable for the rest of the year is all in doubt and rescheduled.
Old Apr 28, 20, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969 View Post
I've had the voucher offer email for my HKG flight on 3/6, which suggests it's going to be cancelled so will hold out for the cancellation and take the refund.

However, it says I have until April 2022 to use the voucher. I thought it was only valid 12 months. Is the email wrong or has the validity been extended?
I am also flying on 3 June but HKG-LHR.

In the past 24h, EF has been giving strange results.
As of just now, EF lists both BA28 and BA32 as oerating.
But if you don't specify a specific airline, the flights are zeroed in all classes. If you specify BA there are plenty of seats available.

BA website also offer both flights for sale.
Hard to understand.
Old Apr 28, 20, 8:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
I think given the sad news about the possibility of redundancies we should assume the timetable for the rest of the year is all in doubt and rescheduled.
Thats what I was just thinking. Where do they even start?

If we book a flight now, for December lets say, the timings and that are likely to be so different, especially for the 2/3 weekly leisure routes.

I wonder when they will announce schedule changes for W20? Theyll need to have a plan even if its only the end of the season that comes into play.

Search this Thread