Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow – Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh – Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City – Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City – Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City – Dublin 17 weekly
London City – Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City – Florence 4 weekly
London City – Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City – Glasgow 13 weekly
London City – Ibiza 4 weekly
London City – Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City – Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City – Nice 4 weekly 0
London City – Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow – Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow – Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow – Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow – Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow – Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
But I don't envisage travel like this until lockdown has ended in some form anyway. And with an airport test, you'd not know you were immune until you got there. Besides, the government wants to roll out testing en-masse at some point anyway. And the indication from Matt Hancock last night was that would include both active infection and antibody tests
I agree that this sort of testing, once the tests are more effective and show less false negatives, plus if they can evidence that the antibodies grant immunity, will lead to proper opening up of society again.
However, for international travel, you'd need this testing to be effective on both sides, and for both sides to trust the testing being performed.

Hence why I think that international travel will be the last thing to open up properly for non-essential travel. But who knows what will happen really.

On the topic of people sticking with the lockdown, in Ireland, where their first lockdown measures came into force a week before the UK, the seismologists have been tracking activity and it has been increasing in the last week or so. I know that the UK seismologists confirmed that there was a sharp decrease a few weeks ago (https://www.theguardian.com/science/...mologists-find) . Would be interesting to see what it stands at after this weekend (good weather I think again?) Should be a good indication of whether people are sticking to it, rather than just saying that they support it..
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
things won’t open as fast as they closed, but quicker than most people think. Look at Austria, they speeded up openings several times as they ran out of reasons to stay closed. Just needs some more time and some more sun, of which the uk is getting plenty these days !

GR is planned to open to arrivals sometime in June, should be confirmed next week, all we can do is wait for government announcements and avoid the media spin as much as possible
Think it's unlikely airports in Greece will open up in June as airport testing has not been invented or procured yet.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by JohnnyCarmello
I agree that this sort of testing, once the tests are more effective and show less false negatives, plus if they can evidence that the antibodies grant immunity, will lead to proper opening up of society again.
However, for international travel, you'd need this testing to be effective on both sides, and for both sides to trust the testing being performed.

Hence why I think that international travel will be the last thing to open up properly for non-essential travel. But who knows what will happen really.

On the topic of people sticking with the lockdown, in Ireland, where their first lockdown measures came into force a week before the UK, the seismologists have been tracking activity and it has been increasing in the last week or so. I know that the UK seismologists confirmed that there was a sharp decrease a few weeks ago (https://www.theguardian.com/science/...mologists-find) . Would be interesting to see what it stands at after this weekend (good weather I think again?) Should be a good indication of whether people are sticking to it, rather than just saying that they support it..
Traffic already seems to be up at least 10%. Whether that is because people have lost faith in public transport or this is genuinely people going back to work, who knows
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by dnw
All PMI flights from LCY in June have just been cancelled.

Perhaps BA LCY blanket cancellations have been extended through the end of June..?
My LCY-IBZ for early July has just been cancelled as well...
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass

I mean anyone EU can travel to Austria right now provided they have a less than 4 day old medical paper proving they are healthy (no corona positive?).
The swab test apparently only works in a 3 day window of opportunity or so I was reading this morning
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by polochick
My LCY-IBZ for early July has just been cancelled as well...
That's not good news if July flights being cancelled already or is it something specific to LCY?
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by paulaf
Think it's unlikely airports in Greece will open up in June as airport testing has not been invented or procured yet.
Well they have 1.5 months to prepare procedures, no one said everyone at the airport will be tested it’s not necessarily a prerequisite.

who knows maybe like Austria people will need a recent test.

greek press is talking about lifting measures soon as the government will run out of cash in June if this continues and that has severe consequences.

tourism is Greece’s biggest income, so if the country opens up so will tourism.

cZech republic just announced EU citizens can go to their country as of next Monday provided they have a recent coronavirus test result showing it was negative so if there is demand nothing stopping BA flying there

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Traffic already seems to be up at least 10%. Whether that is because people have lost faith in public transport or this is genuinely people going back to work, who knows
A combination of many things, good weather, more people realising that government is not to be trusted 100%, hospitals getting emptier and emptier with nurses dancing on tiktok videos, they actually need to work to put food on the table, and lockdown fatigue. The mood in Hyde park is improving and it’s getting busier by the day.

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Apr 24, 2020 at 6:04 am
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:04 am

I hope you're right about Greece so other tourist destinations open up too but what about FCO advice?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Any thoughts on when LCY will open?

i changed my Mykonos booking LCY JMK LCY recently from June to July. I’m now wondering if I should have changed it too LHR JMK LHR instead!?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
That's not good news if July flights being cancelled already or is it something specific to LCY?
Its LCY, my father's flights to Malaga have been cancelled for June but still available/bookable out of Heathrow and Gatwick..
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Any thoughts on when LCY will open?

i changed my Mykonos booking LCY JMK LCY recently from June to July. I’m now wondering if I should have changed it too LHR JMK LHR instead!?
good idea, July is safer for Mykonos than June.

well worst case they can just change you for free but if the flight is full that’s risky so why don’t you call them and say you’d rather fly from LHR?
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:13 am

Good question if LCY specific or not?

I did hear something about the Balearics remaining closed for the summer.....maybe that’s the reason
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:14 am

good idea, July is safer for Mykonos than June.

well worst case they can just change you for free but if the flight is full that’s risky so why don’t you call them and say you’d rather fly from LHR?
Yes, I might just do that
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Good question if LCY specific or not?

I did hear something about the Balearics remaining closed for the summer.....maybe that’s the reason
depends on BA ops, my hunch is demand won’t shoot back up immediately even with restrictions released so BA would likely consolidate ops into LHR until demand picks up enough, at least initially
Old Apr 24, 2020, 6:22 am

So will travellers be added to list who can have a test before travel in due course so we can go to Austria, CZ or Greece lol? Or do we have to get one privately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.