Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow – Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh – Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City – Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City – Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City – Dublin 17 weekly
London City – Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City – Florence 4 weekly
London City – Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City – Glasgow 13 weekly
London City – Ibiza 4 weekly
London City – Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City – Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City – Nice 4 weekly 0
London City – Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow – Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow – Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow – Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow – Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow – Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Been keeping an eye on my LGW - SVQ (Seville) in mid June, and a quick look on Expertflyer this morning and it has been zeroed out in all classes for a date I am looking at. And for many other dates I randomly picked in June.
However if I go onto BA.com and try book tickets for the same day, they are still for sale.

Is the zeroed out thing a precursor to cancellation, but they still allow tickets to be purchased? Am I reading that right? Or is it an Expertflyer issue/anomaly? Thanks.
In line with what we have been seeing, yes, I would imagine this is going to be cancelled.
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:25 am

Impact of whole summer and autumn schedule in doubt if Prof Chris Whitty has his way if social distancing has to be in place for the rest of the year!
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by paulaf
Impact of whole summer and autumn schedule in doubt if Prof Chris Whitty has his way if social distancing has to be in place for the rest of the year!
Prof Whitty himself said he’s only an advisor. Also the more people ignore advice, the less credibility the advice has. The roads are getting busier by the day even people I know started going to the office for the first time since this started.

He was taken out of context though, even Nicola said elderly need to be protected and football games with spectators etc will take months. I don’t expect there to be concerts in June, but when virus cases go way down hard to justify everything being shut.

also remember the government is acting very last minute so change things all the time, plans always change. I am planning that I should be able to fly to GR at some point in June without 14 day quarantine, but I won’t book until it’s announced by the government directly and not the media as it’s out of my hands.

BA is smart in allowing you to book flights as they have no idea if they operate or not but at least they manage expectations by making it flexible.

EU borders should be ok over the summer, and don’t forget June is over a month away and just over a month ago I was clubbing in London, things change really fast with the virus !

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Apr 24, 2020 at 3:42 am
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:41 am

I think, in terms of travel resumption, we need to be looking closer at the testing programs and the development of rapid tests. Because long before a vaccine, it's going to be some form of testing that will enable international travel again.

Or bleach. If you're Trump.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
I think, in terms of travel resumption, we need to be looking closer at the testing programs and the development of rapid tests. Because long before a vaccine, it's going to be some form of testing that will enable international travel again.

Or bleach. If you're Trump.
Airport tests?

I mean anyone EU can travel to Austria right now provided they have a less than 4 day old medical paper proving they are healthy (no corona positive?).

if hotels and bars open as planned 15 may will EU people missing a bar head over there ?

Let’s see how long it takes NHS to do mass testing on demand, I don’t think too many people would go to Harley street and pay for their own test just to fly.

even if things open BA is not expecting it’s flights to be packed, but they should have a minimum service to allow people who want to fly to travel if it is not banned!

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Apr 24, 2020 at 3:51 am
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:51 am

Yes, airport tests. For wider travel, a quick, accurate test will be one way to allow travel to resume, with less requirement for social distancing on board. Obviously the problem at the moment is its very accurate if you test positive, but has a high false negative rate. I think we'd possibly be looking at both an active infection test and an antibody test
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
Yes, airport tests. For wider travel, a quick, accurate test will be one way to allow travel to resume, with less requirement for social distancing on board. Obviously the problem at the moment is its very accurate if you test positive, but has a high false negative rate. I think we'd possibly be looking at both an active infection test and an antibody test
government may be hesitant for antibody testing with people knowing the results because if they do it and so many people are immune (New York city reported over 20% yesterday) , their current Stay home policy would be torn to shreds and the airports will be packed with immune travellers wanting to fly.

i know I am not the only one with my credit card and booking reference voucher on standby locked and loaded !
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The tests that EK has been doing have such a high false negative rate they are essentially completely useless. It is nice PR but not grounded in science.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by wb1969
Trouble is that it’s not the one I’m booked on and if they switch my flight, I’ll miss my connection. That’s my problem to fix as separate tickets which is why I hope they give me an option to cancel as I can’t get in to Vietnam anyway.
Patience!
Lockdown has been lifted, but some restrictions remain. June is a long time away still.

And I'm supposed to be flying back from Vietnam on 5th June to UK!
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
government may be hesitant for antibody testing with people knowing the results because if they do it and so many people are immune, their current policy would be torn to shreds and the airports will be packed with immune travellers wanting to fly.
But I don't envisage travel like this until lockdown has ended in some form anyway. And with an airport test, you'd not know you were immune until you got there. Besides, the government wants to roll out testing en-masse at some point anyway. And the indication from Matt Hancock last night was that would include both active infection and antibody tests
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:09 am

LHR > Kalamata

I have flights at the end of June to Kalamata.

The flights are no longer bookable on BA.com but my booking is still showing fine in the app.

If they are cancelled, would BA allow me to change to any other date, not just to one with Avios seat availability?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
I have flights at the end of June to Kalamata.

The flights are no longer bookable on BA.com but my booking is still showing fine in the app.

If they are cancelled, would BA allow me to change to any other date, not just to one with Avios seat availability?
If rebooking you a date within -3/+14 days then you don’t need reward availability, just space in the cabin. If beyond that range you will need reward availability.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
If rebooking you a date within -3/+14 days then you don’t need reward availability, just space in the cabin. If beyond that range you will need reward availability.
Thanks. Do you know if it is set in stone or they may be flexible considering the current circumstances?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:26 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
government may be hesitant for antibody testing with people knowing the results because if they do it and so many people are immune (New York city reported over 20% yesterday) , their current Stay home policy would be torn to shreds and the airports will be packed with immune travellers wanting to fly.

i know I am not the only one with my credit card and booking reference voucher on standby locked and loaded !
Of course, all those furloughed people, the one with lost incomes, the one who lose their jobs, the ones who lose a relatives or friends, are just waiting to know to be immune to spend money on a trip to Spain/Greece/Dubai.
And the government knows it and is hesitating to make tests that would be actually really helpful to get the economy started to prevent having airport overrun by all those jet-setters.
That does make sense.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Thanks. Do you know if it is set in stone or they may be flexible considering the current circumstances?
you can ask. I don’t know how likely they may be willing to be flexible tho so the answer may well be no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.