Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mzb00
Planned long haul services for June 2020, published by routesonline.com

Long-haul routes
As of 0930GMT 07MAY20, planned June 2020 long-haul operation as follows. Additional changes expected in the next few days.

Heathrow to Boston: 1 daily 787-8
Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Delhi: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Hong Kong: 3 weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Los Angeles: 1 daily 787-9
Heathrow to Mumbai: 787-9 operates alternating days (from 1st July)
Heathrow to New York JFK: 2 daily 747-400/777-200ER Daily 777-200ER
Heathrow to San Francisco: 1 daily 787-8 (from 8th June)
Heathrow to Sao Paulo Guarulhos: 1 daily 777-300ER (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Singapore: 777-300ER operates alternating days
Heathrow to Tel Aviv: 1 daily A350-1000XWB 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Heathrow to Toronto: 1 daily 787-8 (from 1st July)
Heathrow to Washington Dulles: 1 daily A350-1000XWB

BA currently lists London Heathrow – Beijing Daxing (from 14JUN20) and London Heathrow – Shanghai Pu Dong schedule for June 2020, however only following booking class open for reservation: A / C / E / B. Both routes scheduled as alternating days service.

Short haul routes
British Airways in recent schedule update filed planned European operations for the month of June 2020. From London Heathrow, the oneWorld carrier plans to resume additional routes, offering 316 weekly flight departures (based on 10MAY20 OAG schedules data), instead of 1750 weekly listed as of 15MAR20.

As of 10MAY20, schedule listing also sees BA CityFlyer resumes operation, offering service from London City, Edinburgh and Glasgow from 01JUN20, while London Gatwick departures to be resumed by 01JUL20. Due to ongoing development, these plan may see further modification in the next few days.

Edinburgh – Florence 2 weekly
Edinburgh – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
Glasgow – Palma Mallorca 1 weekly
London City – Amsterdam 16 weekly
London City – Berlin Tegel 9 weekly
London City – Dublin 17 weekly
London City – Edinburgh 17 weekly
London City – Florence 4 weekly
London City – Frankfurt 9 weekly
London City – Glasgow 13 weekly
London City – Ibiza 4 weekly
London City – Isle of Man 6 weekly
London City – Milan Linate 11 weekly
London City – Nice 4 weekly 0
London City – Rotterdam 15 weekly
London Heathrow – Aberdeen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Amsterdam 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Athens eff 19JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Barcelona 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Basel/Mulhouse 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Belfast City 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Berlin Tegel 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bologna 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Brussels 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Bucharest 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Budapest 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Copenhagen 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dalaman 1 weekly
London Heathrow – Dublin 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Dusseldorf 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Edinburgh 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Faro 6 weekly
London Heathrow – Geneva 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Gibraltar 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Glasgow 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Ibiza 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Istanbul 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Krakow 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Larnaca eff 18JUN20 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Lisbon 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Madrid 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Malaga 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Manchester 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Milan Linate 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Domodedovo 14 weekly
London Heathrow – Moscow Sheremetyevo 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Munich 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Nice 11 weekly 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Oslo 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Palma Mallorca 13 weekly
London Heathrow – Paris CDG 7 weekly 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Prague 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Reykjavik Keflavik 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Rome 11 weekly
London Heathrow – Sofia 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Split 5 weekly
London Heathrow – Stockholm Arlanda 7 weekly
London Heathrow – Tenerife South 2 weekly
London Heathrow – Valencia 4 weekly
London Heathrow – Venice 10 weekly
London Heathrow – Warsaw 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zagreb 3 weekly
London Heathrow – Zurich 7 weekly

Print Wikipost

Impact of extended lockdown on BA June schedule

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by eugegall
Evening,

After reading the past few pages it seems a lot of people know more than the government so in that case my question would be well placed.

We're meant to fly to DXB on a 241 3rd June in First.

Our hotel are open apparently and we're only really going to chill on the beach. Nothing else.

Do you agree that with Emirates recent news about cancelling all flights until at least July would mean they have some inside info that their borders will remain closed? So whilst BA might fly us and the hotel might take us, the UAE won't?

Or is there a chance it will happen to this destination?

Cheers
I don't think UAE know whether their borders will be open or closed come July, let alone Emirates
eugegall likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eugegall
Evening,

After reading the past few pages it seems a lot of people know more than the government so in that case my question would be well placed.

We're meant to fly to DXB on a 241 3rd June in First.

Our hotel are open apparently and we're only really going to chill on the beach. Nothing else.

Do you agree that with Emirates recent news about cancelling all flights until at least July would mean they have some inside info that their borders will remain closed? So whilst BA might fly us and the hotel might take us, the UAE won't?

Or is there a chance it will happen to this destination?

Cheers
Basically, no one knows. Your best bet is that you're going to have to make a judgement call close-in. But I would assume this isn't happening.
eugegall likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:04 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Basically, no one knows. Your best bet is that you're going to have to make a judgement call close-in. But I would assume this isn't happening.
The US Health experts said publicly last night they expect CV do come back in the Autumn to coincide with flu season.
So I cannot see countries, under present conditions, opening any borders for leisure travel in 2020.
Sorry to be a doom and gloom merchant but that is my view, and a far more realistic one that people believing the virus will simply disappear.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ stevie - whatever the current - and considerable - uncertainty, there is indeed far more evidence and informed comment to support your own perspective than that of any influenced by irrational optimism.

Most of us are naturally very keen to a) stay positive and b) get moving again, but I just don’t see normality returning any time soon. I personally believe there is no more realistic prospect / hope of safe overseas long-haul travel in June than there is tomorrow.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by stevie
The US Health experts said publicly last night they expect CV do come back in the Autumn to coincide with flu season.
So I cannot see countries, under present conditions, opening any borders for leisure travel in 2020.
Sorry to be a doom and gloom merchant but that is my view, and a far more realistic one that people believing the virus will simply disappear.
No one has a crystal ball but that is a bit doom and gloom forecast indeed.

There are countless reports of tourism ministers from many countries in Europe forecasting when they hope to reopen hotels and allow tourists to enter the country. Most suggest end of June, beginning of July.

I sincerely hope you are wrong.
esledo likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
@ stevie - whatever the current - and considerable - uncertainty, there is indeed far more evidence and informed comment to support your own perspective than that of any influenced by irrational optimism.

Most of us are naturally very keen to a) stay positive and b) get moving again, but I just don’t see normality returning any time soon. I personally believe there is no more realistic prospect / hope of safe overseas long-haul travel in June than there is tomorrow.
Normality will not return until a vaccine and/or medication is developed.
Nobody expects that to happen anytime sooner.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be

There are countless reports of tourism ministers from many countries in Europe forecasting when they hope to reopen hotels and allow tourists to enter the country. Most suggest end of June, beginning of July.
I guess that, ultimately, the key issue for most people is whether one chooses to take one’s lead or decisions based on the view of unqualified tourism ministers (who just happen to have been placed in their roles by the head of a Government) ; or on those with professional, respected, expertise in the fields of health, medicine, and science.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
nor will it cover god for it repatriation of a body.
I like to think that once it gets to that stage, I won't be worried about whether or not I bought sufficient insurance...
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If that were to happen (and I think that certain borders, such as that between Germany and Austria, will be open again within a couple of months) then it would be a very cautious, gradual opening of borders and probably only immediately benefiting tourists travelling by road or rail.

Even after borders are opened and hotels back in business, airports and airlines are going to have to adjust to a new world of social distancing, and that's probably going to be a lot harder than many people imagine. It's not just a matter of keeping the middle seat free but also, for example, how you would organise airport security, boarding of a flight and luggage retrieval while maintaining social distance (and how long it would all take). Would there even be enough space at airports to have immigration lines in which everyone must stand at least 2m from the next person?
allturnleft and subject2load like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No one has a crystal ball but that is a bit doom and gloom forecast indeed.

I sincerely hope you are wrong.
Could you point me to some of these countless reports forecasting a resumption of tourism? The only thing I could find from a reasonably trustworthy source was this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN2242IB

Greek Tourism Minister Harry Theocharis says it is critical that Europe adopts a common position and reopens borders soon because already businesses have folded. “Many hotel units won’t open, and there will be unemployment,” Theocharis told Reuters, calling for long-term financial aid to an industry that represents about a quarter of Greece’s economy.
There's nothing particularly optimistic in it.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
I guess that, ultimately, the key issue for most people is whether one chooses to take one’s lead or decisions based on the view of unqualified tourism ministers (who just happen to have been placed in their roles by the head of a Government) ; or on those with professional, respected, expertise in the fields of health, medicine, and science.
Yes but, who is the one taking the decision about whether or not to open the borders? That's going to be the unqualified ministers.

Those with professional, respected expertise in health, medicine and science unfortunately have zero democratic mandate to decide whether to prioritise a country's economic health over that of its citizens.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:52 am

@ Deltus - I agree entirely. My point (perhaps expressed less well than intended !) was that yes, it will be Government officials who decide if and when to open their respective borders ; but that many, many, people will continue to have considerable, well-founded concerns and reluctance to travel, in particular by air.
Deltus likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:19 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
If that were to happen (and I think that certain borders, such as that between Germany and Austria, will be open again within a couple of months) then it would be a very cautious, gradual opening of borders and probably only immediately benefiting tourists travelling by road or rail.

Even after borders are opened and hotels back in business, airports and airlines are going to have to adjust to a new world of social distancing, and that's probably going to be a lot harder than many people imagine. It's not just a matter of keeping the middle seat free but also, for example, how you would organise airport security, boarding of a flight and luggage retrieval while maintaining social distance (and how long it would all take). Would there even be enough space at airports to have immigration lines in which everyone must stand at least 2m from the next person?
The German government yesterday clearly asked the citizens to *not* book any summer vacations, explicitly saying people should expect to not travel. Domestic might be possible but a hassle (you need a certification currently to cross certain Länder borders).
The French government also yesterday explicitly said that travel "intra-France" might be limited this summer.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Deltus
I like to think that once it gets to that stage, I won't be worried about whether or not I bought sufficient insurance...
Fortunately I’ve never had to experience this but I’d imagine this will be many thousands of pounds that would be left for yiur next of kin to pay or start a Go Fund Me page for.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: Exec Club
I'm fairly laid back about it, I've got a long held trip to NYC staying at the Hyatt Grand Central to celebrate Independence Day and see friends from June 29th to July 6th. My routing is NCL-LHR-JFK.

I'm prepared to fly if it goes ahead but I'm easy either way tbh. I doubt I'll be on the 747 I've picked seats on if it does go ahead.

I did query cancelling or delaying with BA but I was told I'd lose my hotel cost if I changed even with the voucher - I assume this would change if BA themselves changed the holiday or didn't resume the NCL-LHR portion of the trip? Travel insurance are humming and harring about it but tbh pounds are replaceable in the long term, life isn't.
smokie36 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.