Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
What was the change? A significant number of the non BAH team can make flight only changes to a Holiday Booking; so if only that I do suggest chasing.
It was adding an infant to a flight+hotel booking. Indeed, she was promptly able to add the infant onto the flight - but it was left to the BAH team to add the infant into the hotel (as per the misfortunates regaled in my other thread).

In the end, nobody ever did ring me back, but the infant is now added to the flights, so I'm ultimately satisfied with the status quo.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
I've literally had the non BAH team rebook me on a BAH booking at least three times now for new flights. They can't change hotels and car hire but I did say this in my original post.

Certain staff members on the non holiday line can, and will, rebook flights on a holiday booking. I've experienced it and it's been posted here many a time before.
Ok so yes, in the change booking team in the UK for flight only bookings we were encouraged to do what we could to help with BAH bookings during covid. This was also carried out with assistance from managers who have access to view hotel/car hire part.

However this only really covered rebooking cancelled flights, where there were alternatives the same day. This is because it meant the holiday duration would be the same and therefore no amendments would be needed to the hotel or car hire (except pickup dropoff time). Also Holiday bookings actually make use of two systems but use the same one for flights we use. The other system is to show the package and/or all ground products.

Another important point to note is that those of us in change booking in the uk are trained and taking BAH calls. Change booking now will either be limited numbers of new starters in UK or India or Capetown.

Last edited by Anonba; Aug 6, 2022 at 1:31 am
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by LucyK1806
No they can’t - BAH operate a different system. Non BAH use Pegasus and can’t change anything that is a BAH.
BAH in Newcastle and Bremen also use Pegasus for flights and another system for the ground products/package. We actually look at both systems when there is a package.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 8:06 am
Ryn
Suspended

Hi, what happens if you try and call BA at 22 hours after booking but fail to get through? I was hung up on/disconnected twice. It's now about 26 hours after booking. But the free cancellation only applies for 24 hours.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ryn
Hi, what happens if you try and call BA at 22 hours after booking but fail to get through? I was hung up on/disconnected twice. It's now about 26 hours after booking. But the free cancellation only applies for 24 hours.
They may give you some wriggle room, they are aware that it's tricky to get through when there have been recent irrops.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Half hour wait today
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:02 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by slickvik
Half hour wait today
Which number did you use and what time did you call?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:39 am

Spent 2.5 hrs trying to get through on Silver line yesterday morning, almost missed out on the flights we wanted for next Easter.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Which number did you use and what time did you call?
UK exec number around 2 PM UK time
Old May 31, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by RG1X
Looks like they're back to just immediately hanging up.
I'm getting this behavior calling the US line, presumably as a result of the recent IT outage. I need to change the destination for a pair of flights I have scheduled next week, though the new flights won't be until October. There will be a fare difference so I can't use chat.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:57 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
And to follow up to my own post... I called back around 18:30 US/Eastern, waited maybe 5 minutes in the queue, and spoke to a helpful agent who quickly reissued my ticket. Quite the different experience only about an hour apart.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
I spent ages on the phone last week trying to get a BAH member of staff to book a mixed class (J and PE) holiday which I could see online (but would fail at the payment page). He promised me to call back the next day but never did.

Ended up using Expedia to get better than I wanted (business both ways), for a saving of quite a few hundreds of Ł’s. I find BAH very hit and miss and it is slowly getting worse IME.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:03 pm

43 mins on the Silver line unanswered trying to book a companion voucher open jaw. Now gone 8pm so will need to try again tomorrow…
Old Jul 17, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AIKE
43 mins on the Silver line unanswered trying to book a companion voucher open jaw. Now gone 8pm so will need to try again tomorrow…
30 mins on the Silver line on Friday unanswered trying to change a companion voucher booking. I gave up.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: BA
I have given up on the call line. I use the chat function to speak to BA now. Is much quicker to get a response

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.