Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
31 minutes to get through to GGL line at 11am today.
Old May 6, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
Just tried the gold line as i want to make a Gold Priority Reward booking, which you can't do online - only to eventually get to the message that says they're a bit busy and aren't taking calls right now. Can't believe this appalling service is still dragging on, at least with the lack of cabin crew they can blame it on security clearance taking a while, there's no excuse not to have more people in the call centres.
BA still has to do security checks on people being recruited to the contact centre, plus add on 5-6 weeks training. Its not a fast process unfortunately
Old May 6, 2022, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now I find that BA has stopped selling tickets over the telephone. Instead told to go to BA.com ... do they really think people are using the phone line because they weren't aware BA.com existed? I'm calling because the website is a pile of ---- and won't let me make a booking that includes an AA-coded sector.

I'm beginning to think the CEO is not Sean Doyle at all but Franz Kafka.
MaxFlyer, skiaplg, Decca and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by Calchas
Now I find that BA has stopped selling tickets over the telephone. Instead told to go to BA.com ... do they really think people are using the phone line because they weren't aware BA.com existed? I'm calling because the website is a pile of ---- and won't let me make a booking that includes an AA-coded sector.

Definitely THE most annoying aspect of ringing BA is being told by a robot you can do anything you need to do if you'd only learn how to press the letters www.ba.com....on your device of choice and not stoop to ringing them up.
MaxFlyer, skiaplg, Decca and 2 others like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
……………..... do they really think people are using the phone line because they weren't aware BA.com existed? I'm calling because the website is a pile of ---- and won't let me make a booking that includes an AA-coded sector.

Hmm.

Kafka’s legacy revolves, of course, primarily around his influential literary output, as both a novelist and autobiographer.

But a much lesser-known fact about his many achievements is that he actually designed BA’s website, only a few months before his death. That was in 1924.
Quark999, Decca, Calchas and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
After an hour and a half of trying the gold line last night and being told they were too busy to take calls, I thought I'd call the silver number, got into the queue straight away and waited about 10 minutes before speaking to anyone. They then said they had to transfer me to the gold line, but at least I made it through the system. Not really sure what that says about how BA prioritises its call centre. Once I did get through, the agent was very helpful so can't fault them there.

I wonder what gold card holders would make of those holding less sparkly cards ringing the gold line in the hope of getting answered sooner.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Lioneye
I wonder what gold card holders would make of those holding less sparkly cards ringing the gold line in the hope of getting answered sooner.
I would say (as a current GCH) there was a time when that would definitely have made me less than happy …… but these days I just tend to feel it’s dog eat dog out there - especially for anyone who really has good reason to get hold of an agent as a matter of urgency, regardless of status. It’s become a broken system.
Decca likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by subject2load
It’s become a broken system.
I counted it takes 1 minute 50 seconds to get through all the introduction parts and selecting the options to then get told “we can’t take any more calls right now”.

why not just say that at the start of the call to avoid wasting everyone’s time?
Jimmie76, MaxFlyer, Decca and 2 others like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:23 am
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
I tried to call to use a voucher and found out what you guys found out a while ago, that they're not selling tickets over the phone anymore. How can I use my vouchers then?
Old May 7, 2022, 2:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HNS
I tried to call to use a voucher and found out what you guys found out a while ago, that they're not selling tickets over the phone anymore. How can I use my vouchers then?
What sort of vouchers do you have? If it's an eVoucher you can use them online to pay for trips you would otherwise use a credit card with. If it's a Future Travel Voucher then you can use "change booking" option on the Contact Centre IVR, since that is what an FTV is in reality. The email you received with the voucher would either have a value in pounds / Euro / dollars etc, or no value shown. If there is a value it's an eVoucher. If there is no value shown it's an FTV.
HNS likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
After an hour and a half of trying the gold line last night and being told they were too busy to take calls, I thought I'd call the silver number, got into the queue straight away and waited about 10 minutes before speaking to anyone. They then said they had to transfer me to the gold line, but at least I made it through the system. Not really sure what that says about how BA prioritises its call centre. Once I did get through, the agent was very helpful so can't fault them there.
Who knows how they prioritise calls! Earlier this year I remember struggling to get through to the silver line and tried the blue and was through in under 5 mins! Totally random
Decca likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:26 am
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What sort of vouchers do you have? If it's an eVoucher you can use them online to pay for trips you would otherwise use a credit card with. If it's a Future Travel Voucher then you can use "change booking" option on the Contact Centre IVR, since that is what an FTV is in reality. The email you received with the voucher would either have a value in pounds / Euro / dollars etc, or no value shown. If there is a value it's an eVoucher. If there is no value shown it's an FTV.
It was a FTV and thank you for the help. I called and it worked. I didn't even have to wait a long time.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
6 seconds of post-menu queueing today at 10:30am to get to a person to change a BA Holidays flight. Done and dusted in 5 minutes flat, that's including the automated spiel. Actually left me with a pretty good feeling!
Old May 25, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by groenroos
6 seconds of post-menu queueing today at 10:30am to get to a person to change a BA Holidays flight. Done and dusted in 5 minutes flat, that's including the automated spiel. Actually left me with a pretty good feeling!
BA definitely seemed to have improved service for their frequent flyers although those without status still seem to have a difficult time getting through on the phone, last weekend I was cut off on the general holidays line - we're busy go away - but using exec club got through in about 20 seconds after menu navigation
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:26 pm

Amazing. I actually got through to BA Holidays, and they sorted out my cancelled flight. I need to do it again next week (no time for both fixes tonight), but still... good news!

19 minutes start to finish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.