Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
An interesting experience this evening: I needed to call the Gold line to change a booking (cash booking, date change plus upgrade, couldn't be done online). The first three times, I got through the menu and then got the "We can't put you through to the team right now" message before a disconnection. Because it was almost 8 pm, I thought I would leave it a couple of minutes until the clock ticked over. I was expecting even worse. But this time, as soon as the three menu choices were done, the call was picked up by an agent in India who was pleasant and efficient. That was very welcome. (Especially as the upgrade meant that I could get the benefit of a lower fare on the outbound sector too when everything was repriced.)
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Try the BA Executive Club in Spain+34 910 50 75 50
I was through yesterday in less than 5 minutes with a similar scenario and FTV received by email while I was still on the phone (which is what I asked for). Very helpful and underutilized team .... they are my go to Exec Club team now whenever I need assistance.... fed up of playing the telephone queue with the so called priority lines in the UK.
Thank you so much for this. Was trying the UK Gold line for ages, just kept getting cut off, phoned the Spanish line, straight through, on hold for about 3 minutes. Flights very quickly and efficiently changed after QR cancelled our AKL-DOH flight.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Anyone know how long it takes to get through to BA holidays at the moment? I've got a flight change and now an obvious misconnect in Doha with the incoming flight now arriving after the scheduled departure of my flight to london. Will this get picked up automatically or will I have to phone - dreading trying to get through ? Just over 2 weeks until the outgoing flight.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by firstlight
Anyone know how long it takes to get through to BA holidays at the moment? I've got a flight change and now an obvious misconnect in Doha with the incoming flight now arriving after the scheduled departure of my flight to london. Will this get picked up automatically or will I have to phone - dreading trying to get through ? Just over 2 weeks until the outgoing flight.
It should be picked up automatically in the next few days. I think that one may not need a BAH rep, I suspect a normal change agent can do that, if you simply want the next available flight. I'd leave it until Wedneday this week.
firstlight likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It should be picked up automatically in the next few days. I think that one may not need a BAH rep, I suspect a normal change agent can do that, if you simply want the next available flight. I'd leave it until Wedneday this week.
thanks
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, Aeroplan
peteryu , you can change the "city" in the BAEC page ; and it will display a different phone number and time to call.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
I had an interesting message today, when trying to make a booking over the phone, that the website can't cope with (multi cabin, open jaw). Saying that 'regrettably' they have decided to close the sales line for the next 'few weeks' due to the volume of calls! Has anyone else had this?
I called at a similar time yesterday and got through to someone in India, but then fell on an availability issue. Was it more a case of calling at 22:15 uk time and the sales line being closed this late?
Decca and James91 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, Swiss SEN, Hertz Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I tried today and yesterday a booking over phone, for a TP-Run in Oct…. No way to do this in these days. One Agent told me, that there are only allowed to accept a booking in a 90 day timeframe from today. Ok BA, I understand and put my money to your competitor’s
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I ended up making the booking via AA.com as BA.com couldn’t handle the complex booking I had. Revenue loss to BA.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:59 am

On another thread I related missing a flight for the first time in 30+ years! More than an hour before check-in was due to close, it was obvious that we were going to miss.

Online said to call. Phone lines wouldn't connect or answer.

So yesterday I sent an email - and got a reply today saying they couldn't help and to call Customer Service!

The very people who won't answer!!!

(to be fair, they will answer if they can - so it should be can't answer, not won't answer)
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:20 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by dennyzrh
I tried today and yesterday a booking over phone, for a TP-Run in Oct…. No way to do this in these days. One Agent told me, that there are only allowed to accept a booking in a 90 day timeframe from today. Ok BA, I understand and put my money to your competitor’s
How did you get though? It cuts me off when I pick sales. Are you saying if I travel in the next 90o days they will do it?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by NXflyer
I had an interesting message today, when trying to make a booking over the phone, that the website can't cope with (multi cabin, open jaw). Saying that 'regrettably' they have decided to close the sales line for the next 'few weeks' due to the volume of calls! Has anyone else had this?
I called at a similar time yesterday and got through to someone in India, but then fell on an availability issue. Was it more a case of calling at 22:15 uk time and the sales line being closed this late?
Sales agents are being trained on handling BAH bookings as they usually are the busiest team. While sales agents are trained the sales line is closed.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
Originally Posted by Anonba
Sales agents are being trained on handling BAH bookings as they usually are the busiest team. While sales agents are trained the sales line is closed.
Do we know how long it will be closed for? I've got a booking that the website can't cope with and seemingly have no other option at the moment? (it's using e-vouchers, open jaw and multi cabin).

Does the closure impact the international call lines?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by NXflyer
Do we know how long it will be closed for? I've got a booking that the website can't cope with and seemingly have no other option at the moment? (it's using e-vouchers, open jaw and multi cabin).

Does the closure impact the international call lines?
We were told its closed til 31May.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Anonba
We were told its closed til 31May.
Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.