Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:03 am

I managed to get through Tuesday evening about 6pm-ish, after trying various times through the day. On hold about 15 mins before speaking to someone. They processed my refund (mentioning it had to be done manually due to the reissues etc), and said I should receive an email confirming this, the avios / 2for1 back near enough right away, with the money back in 4 weeks or so. However, I have not received an email yet nor the avios or voucher - are there delays sending the emails? Is there even an email to come through, as I haven't seen others mention getting an email?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
After a handful of failed attempts to get through on the UK Gold number, I called one last time and got through and was welcomed to the GGL number instead. Must have been some glitch on the system given that I did call the standard Gold number.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by JPCU
I managed to get through Tuesday evening about 6pm-ish, after trying various times through the day. On hold about 15 mins before speaking to someone. They processed my refund (mentioning it had to be done manually due to the reissues etc), and said I should receive an email confirming this, the avios / 2for1 back near enough right away, with the money back in 4 weeks or so. However, I have not received an email yet nor the avios or voucher - are there delays sending the emails? Is there even an email to come through, as I haven't seen others mention getting an email?
To quote myself - called back this morning just after 8, got through in about 10 minutes. I must have misunderstood as my refund has joined a queue in the back office, so won’t receive my avios back or an email until it has been processed, which could take up to 15 business days. I guess the money will take longer than this as the first agent assured me the avios will come first - as I said I was primarily concerned about the avios as I’d like to rebook soon for next year.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
I phoned on the 21st at 0845. About a 15 minute wait. He mentioned that the automatic system to refund was often failing and noted the info he needed just in case. Process completed automatically (much to his surprise). Email appeared as he was on the call and avios and 241 just after. He mentioned that money would take longer to appear (maybe 20 days). Refund on my Amex appeared on the 22nd.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
After several days and many attempts - not even getting into the queue - at last (pm 28 April) I get talk to talk to a human about my upcoming RTW booking. He's in Cape Town. "All our systems are down Sir, please call back tomorrow".
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It’s been bugging me for ages, can we change the spelling to centre in the thread title please?
JAXBA, cbagent, 'andad and 2 others like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:20 am
dnw

Been unable to get on the queue all day today despite 5 attempts
Old May 5, 2020, 7:35 am

Called today about midday, on hold for about 12 minutes. Refund processed in two minutes, including paid seat selection. No email yet, but pleasantly surprised I was even able to get through and even more surprised at how quickly (so surprised I almost fell off the step ladder I was at the top of, painting a door frame!)
Old May 5, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Called a few times over the past few days for a refund (Avios booking with companion voucher, so options 2, 1) using the number in the cancellation email. A couple of times today I got the voice saying they couldn't take the call, but rang back immediately after the second one of those, got into the queue, and got through after about 15 minutes. Lovely person (normally works in sales) on the other end explained what others have reported that if I took the FTV the companion voucher would be valid for as long as the FTV, but as there was more than a year left on the voucher anyway, I plumped for the cash/avios refund.

Confirmation email within about 5 minutes, but up to four weeks for the refund -- although the Avios are already showing back in my account.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: Various memberships
Took about five attempts to get through to get the cash refund for a family member.

Once I was in the queue it took about 30 mins to get answered and then about 10 (including 5 on hold "while I process the refund").

Afterwards I wished the person in the call centre all the best for the future and said I hope things worked out for him. Poor guy sounded close to tears. Please everyone be nice to them when you get through., It isn't their fault BA management decided to make it as difficult as possible to get a cash refund.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:47 am
dnw

Finally got on the UK number queue on 6th attempt and was answered very quickly by the Bremen call centre. Absolutely charming chap sorted out 3 refunds and 3 rebooks efficiently with no questions asked and confirmation emails received for each of them already. Even called me back as I had made a mistake with one of them (it's zeroed out but not yet cancelled) and checked I didn't want to process the cancellation until it had been... 10/10.
Old May 5, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I called three times, got cut off each time with the "too busy" message. So I called the Gold number - which was answered quite quickly, but they couldn't hear me! Called again, got through quickly again, got my refund in a few minutes. Very helpful call handler.

I was Gold, but am currently only Blue. Nothing was said about it.
Old May 5, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Staff in call centres have obviously been reduced and queue depths also reduced as number of calls will have dropped. It makes it often difficult to get on the queue but once on there the call should be answered quite quickly.
Old May 5, 2020, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Staff in call centres have obviously been reduced and queue depths also reduced as number of calls will have dropped. It makes it often difficult to get on the queue but once on there the call should be answered quite quickly.
Staff havent been reduced, the only thing which affected call wait time was when india and capetown were closed.
Hawk777 likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Anonba
Staff havent been reduced, the only thing which affected call wait time was when india and capetown were closed.
I believe you if you say that but it certainly does feel like it out here. Before, one would call and often wait 30-40 minutes for an agent. Now, once you get on the queue, you can expect an agent in 10-15 minutes, but you may need to call 10 times and get lucky to not simply have the system hang up on you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.