Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Sure, I've been working from home myself, as I've no doubt many of us have. I'll have to return to the office in some form shortly.
The agent I spoke to said it was a permanent change, no more going into a call centre for them any many others.
Couldn't agree more about more online functionality but I guess the FTV's, particularly with Avios/241's stored have complicated things.
They have had two years to sort out a piece of software to allow people to use their FTV online without calling. And I've yet to find any other online company that requires customers to phone them to use a voucher. This stuff is not rocket science. It's deliberately designed to make it difficult to use the vouchers, difficult to cancel flights and get a refund, as a way to get the airline through the pandemic.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In the vast majority of cases you get an evoucher for cash bookings now and can use them online. They have actually expanded the range of cash bookings that get issued as evoucher. it used to be any change like a poug would send you down the offline voucher route, but no more.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by KARFA
In the vast majority of cases you get an evoucher for cash bookings now and can use them online. They have actually expanded the range of cash bookings that get issued as evoucher. it used to be any change like a poug would send you down the offline voucher route, but no more.
That is good news, but I maintain my position, you still can't cancel an Avios flight and get a refund online, and you can't use an FTV. Those are producing a massive volume of calls.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by JessicaB
That is good news, but I maintain my position, you still can't cancel an Avios flight and get a refund online, and you can't use an FTV. Those are producing a massive volume of calls.
Yes, and BA have been proactivley refunding RFS based FTVs too as well this year to try and partly deal with that We're refunding your Reward Flight Saver booking

You can usually (but not always) do cancellations for full refunds online now for involuntary changes. But yes doing voluntary cancellations is still offline online sadly.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by Colesmore
The US executive club number has worked for me in the last month. I've dealt with UK operators (working til midnight or 1am GMT) when I've called. When calling early last month to deal with a midnight redemption I called at 23.43 and got through too early, and had to call back and was still speaking to an agent by 23.51. Weekends help apparently as well

+18004521201

Good luck
You were luck not to have got through to a jobs worth. I called on Saturday night to add the return leg to a 241 booking. Calling a 23:40 I got through and cleared security by 23:51. The agent told me that I had called too early and asked if I expected her to chat with me for 9 minutes. I hung up and immediately called back. I got through at 23:56 and it was the same agent. When she realised that it was me again she just laughed and told me to call back after midnight. I hung up and immediately redialed again, this time getting through to a different agent at 00:01. He could not have been more different. Rather than completing security he asked me if I was calling to book seats released at midnight, I confirmed and he went on to hold the seats and then went through security once the seats had been secured. Fantastic service - but it does show that its pot luck as to which agent you get.
DaveS and Ruth4325 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:29 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by bakera
The agent told me that I had called too early and asked if I expected her to chat with me for 9 minutes.
(Your 00:00 is our 08:00) I've called through too early and made agents run frivolous searches until 08:00 when I put my real query in.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: VA (Plat), QR (OWE), BAEC (Silver), AY (Gold), HH (Diamond)
Originally Posted by bakera
You were luck not to have got through to a jobs worth. I called on Saturday night to add the return leg to a 241 booking. Calling a 23:40 I got through and cleared security by 23:51. The agent told me that I had called too early and asked if I expected her to chat with me for 9 minutes. I hung up and immediately called back. I got through at 23:56 and it was the same agent. When she realised that it was me again she just laughed and told me to call back after midnight. I hung up and immediately redialed again, this time getting through to a different agent at 00:01. He could not have been more different. Rather than completing security he asked me if I was calling to book seats released at midnight, I confirmed and he went on to hold the seats and then went through security once the seats had been secured. Fantastic service - but it does show that its pot luck as to which agent you get.
Indeed I was fortunate, but this goes some way to showing calling at that time, particularly on weekends is likely to get you through to an agent in a timely enough manner.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
I needed to add return flight from MLE to our 241 @ T-355
I called last night (Sat) @ 23.40 GMT and got through straight away, agent asked me to call back in 10/12 mins).
I called again at 23.46 (just in case ) and straight through/i hung it up.
23.50 - straight through again, lady was more than happy to help and wait until 00.00, turns out x4 business class seats had been released, they all got snapped up though.

As others have reported, Saturdays nights look like the best time to get them, obviously that's no good if you are booking at T-355 and the date doesn't fall on a Saturday.
I got through to UK agents every time.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:01 am

If I’ve paid cash for a ticket, but offset the potential avios as a part-payment- does this mean I can only get a FTV?
When I try to refund , the heading of the page that comes up is entitled ‘claim a FTV’, which I absolutely do not want!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by delibag
If I’ve paid cash for a ticket, but offset the potential avios as a part-payment- does this mean I can only get a FTV?
When I try to refund , the heading of the page that comes up is entitled ‘claim a FTV’, which I absolutely do not want!
you would normally get a voucher. Most likely an online evoucher where the value is for the cash before you reduced it by avios - so effectively your avios is turned back to cash. However, it is possible you may get an offline voucher instead.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:25 am

Thank you… one other quick question- is there a quicker country to respond than the uk (silver) line? Or is it all the same?
I know the French number diverts to Bremen and usually is quicker, however they’re closed today
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by delibag
Thank you… one other quick question- is there a quicker country to respond than the uk (silver) line? Or is it all the same?
I know the French number diverts to Bremen and usually is quicker, however they’re closed today
would this be for something else? You can just request the voucher online using the future travel voucher form if that’s what your after.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:49 am

Same thing- didn’t want to lose the price I paid for the return leg of another booking, as it had gone up in price. Anyway, they answered in 40 mins, which in the grand scheme of things- I didn’t think was too bad!
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:39 am

Just had an absolute breeze of a call (as in it worked as it should...). Called the Spanish line 0830 UK time, got through immediately, got a refund for a flight AND got a redemption FTV refunded!
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
It seems really bad right now, at least on the US Blue line. Still getting dropped after 60 minutes on hold.

Does anyone know if the call still gets dropped at 60 minutes even if one is actually connected and talking to an agent at the time?

Also, can someone remind of the way to call using Skype? Does it work for simple “cancel for refund” requests? And what number do I call? I know this is discussed somewhere up-thread, but I could not find it.

Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.