Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by alex67500
Just got the message and disconnect on the Gold line. My flights are in May, but I have an impossible connection in JFK and I want to get ahead of it before I'm booked to fly direct by the automated systems.
Just got through in 7 minutes, it seems a bit better right now.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by LucyK1806
Rang the Bronze line at 17:30 to change and Avios booking. Through in under 5mins to a very helpful lady.

Had several changes to make and got cut off after an hour but she called me back to complete.
I had tried the blue line just before 5pm last night and got the disconnect message.

I then tried a phone number from the original cancellation email from months before, and got through in 20 mins. Query dealt with in about 15 mins (I hope it’s fixed anyway!).
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
Rang the bronze number 0800 408 1111 mentioned in the wiki here about 11am - only to be told it was the gold line and given the right number 0800 597 7580, was then attempted to be redirected, put on hold for 25minutes only to be told it was still the gold line and I'd be better calling back

Called the right bronze number and 30 mins into that call now
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by JamieT
I had tried the blue line just before 5pm last night and got the disconnect message.

I then tried a phone number from the original cancellation email from months before, and got through in 20 mins. Query dealt with in about 15 mins (I hope it’s fixed anyway!).
If you can call early afternoon it generally seems to be quieter around this time.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by KiteFlyerP
Rang the bronze number 0800 408 1111 mentioned in the wiki here about 11am - only to be told it was the gold line and given the right number 0800 597 7580, was then attempted to be redirected, put on hold for 25minutes only to be told it was still the gold line and I'd be better calling back

Called the right bronze number and 30 mins into that call now
I think the numbers are rather jumbled up currently. I called the 0800 597 7580 number which was answered by a human within 10 minutes but after taking details he said he'd have to transfer me as my call was about an Avios redemption. Always a worry when one gets transferred - I was on hold with background muzak for about 15 minutes then it started ringing but as no one answered after a further 15 mins (a bit repetitive after a while) I gave up.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:46 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Disconnected 37 times today - attempt 38 was successful and joined the BA Holiday queue for a further 55 minutes, Matter quickly dealt with in three minutes by a lovely agent so off the phone after two hours non stop use.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It too 30 minutes to get through to the golf line yesterday around 5pm. Took another 2 hours with a very helpful and patient agent to resolve my issue (BA hand cancelled my outbound flights but not told me and not rebooked me either and most feasible options were gone).
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
20mins and counting on the GGL currently. what is happening now?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
20m on GGL is fairly normal for daytime at the moment - try after 5pm or before 10am, it drops considerably (but don't call overnight with anything complex as it seems to trip to an offshore contact centre)
VSLover likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
VSLover,

I don't bother at that time anymore. I wait till India kicks in or halfway through their shift.

I had assumed though things were getting better during 'regular' times.

Half term uk time maybe?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
20m on GGL is fairly normal for daytime at the moment - try after 5pm or before 10am, it drops considerably (but don't call overnight with anything complex as it seems to trip to an offshore contact centre)
good to know. i almost always call in the mornings and never had an issue...but presumably like many others at the moment trying to avoid actual work, i decide to make some travel arrangements
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ajamieson
The Indian call center can easily handle complex bookings, well they have for me.

I can wait 20 minutes for a UK ggl call at 10am, no problem. But I much prefer to call later when it pretty much always gets answered straight away.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
The Indian call center can easily handle complex bookings, well they have for me.

I can wait 20 minutes for a UK ggl call at 10am, no problem. But I much prefer to call later when it pretty much always gets answered straight away.
she did mention it is usually fairly busy thru the day combined with a new phone system (?) but said early hours and after 7pm are usually quiet. so thats good to know i'll just stick to my usual routine of 8am calls.

i had two issues i needed to discuss and remembered to ask about a third for incorrectly applied TP for an AA flight...and after reviewing the situation part way thru she realized "wait, i wrote this and spoke to you two weeks ago!" lol we had a laugh about that as it is so random to get the same agent again for a specific issue!
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:59 am

I've been past pillar to post for the last 2 hours with BA this morning. Trying to upgrade a domestic leg of a international itinerary to CE using Avios (Avios already used to upgrade the whole itinerary but at the time there wasn't any U class for the domestic leg).
As advised on here the booking is still commercial booking even though iIve used Avios to upgrade. The commercial flight change team insisted strongly that according to the system it was an Avios booking. They must be only seeing that the itinerary was upgraded into U class and ignoring the fact, despite being told, that the ticket was booked with cash. As expected the Avios team wouldn't make the change and told me to speak to the commercial team. I tried the new booking commercial team but they said that sorry it's an existing booking so speak to that team. Going round in circles with frustration levels rising. With my luck the U class availability will disappear by the time I get through to a competent agent. The Twitter team have been very slow to respond too.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:13 am

As feared the 2 Avios seats have now gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.