Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:25 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I've been trying to contact BAEC thru the US freecall 1 800 452 1201 on and off for the last 12 hours and getting the Heavy Call Volume message.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Finally got through yesterday evening on 6th attempt of waiting 1h30 and being cut off. Call answered at about 1:26, so slightly nervous but got everything booked. How ridiculous that the seemingly best way to contact British Airways from the UK is to call a US number and speak to someone in the UK.
Spanish likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Hoveflyer
Called the Bronze number above (0800-408-1111) Answered after 15 minutes. Told me they were the gold line and put me through to the bronze line.
Same experience here. Should the number be corrected in the wiki?
In my case, they redirected me to silver but that extension did not work - the robot said something like I could use the website and hung up.

Another note: calling the silver number and then pressing 2-1 gets me nowhere, the line just becomes busy. I tried a few times before resorting to 2-2, which is a lie but does not lead to hanging up. Now it is just a very long wait.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:10 am

I had assumed the call wait times would have improved as we headed into January
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
this is a first--i just called the GGL line and was told my call would not be answered and was disconnected.

REALLY?
anniegray likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I had assumed the call wait times would have improved as we headed into January
January is traditionally one of the busier times for Airline Reservations, the thinking being that people get Christmas out of the way & book for Summer, of course Covid has screwed up the traditional norms!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
this is a first--i just called the GGL line and was told my call would not be answered and was disconnected.

REALLY?
I called around the same time and got straight through, zero hold time. I was connected to the India call centre but they were absolutely fine. Maybe you hit a glitch with the transfer from the UK to India?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by spanishflea
I called around the same time and got straight through, zero hold time. I was connected to the India call centre but they were absolutely fine. Maybe you hit a glitch with the transfer from the UK to India?
Even so - isn't it disgraceful that we are even having this conversation? This is the lifeblood of any airline along with the net. Since the net does not permit one to do things half the time - one has no option to call for silly little things when people with pressing matters and a ticking clock cannot get through. I shake my head in disbelief.
VSLover, ExpatExp, DaveS and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spanishflea
interesting. yes it was approx 1730 uk time and i tried three times and each time was told off and disconnected.

i mean to go from calls being answered almost immediately to this on the GGL line is not a benefit i was told about! i'd be fine with anyone as these are simple changes to cancelled flights, but to do this on the GGL is just not acceptable.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Even so - isn't it disgraceful that we are even having this conversation? This is the lifeblood of any airline along with the net. Since the net does not permit one to do things half the time - one has no option to call for silly little things when people with pressing matters and a ticking clock cannot get through. I shake my head in disbelief.
I agree. This is beyond a parody. At the end of December I sent Sean Doyle an email asking him to get a grip of this situation. I had a response from his office after a week saying that the "Global Engagement Executive Team" who work with Sean Doyle, would be looking into my concerns and reporting back. I was tempted to respond that they should disband the team immediately and put them to work at the call centre. After a further week I had another response apologising that they had not been in touch and would be in touch as soon as they can. That was around two weeks ago and nothing since then. Sort of sums up the mess that they are in with this.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Lowly Blue
notakeenflyer

... Over the last 3 days either my wife or me have been on hold waiting for someone to answer at most times of the day ... every time get cut off just after 1h30 of waiting....trying to use a FTV from an Avios and Amex 2-4-1 to rebook exact same route and people, anyone got any better suggestions for contacting BA to do this? ...

I was in the same position all last week, repeatedly calling on the Blue line, every day, trying to change a rewards flight booking. There was availability showing for the reward flights I wanted and although I should have been able to make this change myself on-line, I was unable to because I kept receiving a "systems error" message.

Eventually I did get through, after holding for over an hour, and I could not have had a more courteous or professional agent answer my call.

He asked me how long I had been holding and assured me he could see my number and would call back if we were disconnected. Flight dates changed, tax and Avios recalculated and new booking quickly confirmed, along with the comment that he could see no reason why the BA IT system had prevented me from doing this myself on-line. Excellent service from a great agent who restored a lot of my lost faith in BA with his calm and helpful manner.

The question, surely, has to be why have BA IT systems been allowed to remain so consistently poor? Every passenger unable to make changes on-line for themselves merely adds to the vast number of people already trying to call congested phone lines? Time for someone with a hairbrush to pay a visit to the CEO's office methinks!

I was told that the pressure on the phone lines is easing a bit, so stick with it notakeenflyer and the very best of luck.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I share your pain. I need to get a portion of an eVoucher either refunded or reissued, as BA Holidays currently holding onto a large chunk of money, which they said (on the phone in December) that they would be reissue, but so far received nothing. Impossible to reach BA Holidays by phone and their email replies take ~ 20 days at least. The average queuing time for BA customer service is around 45mins at a minimum, but they just say that you have to speak to BA Holidays, as systems are different? Maybe I need to try Twitter again.....
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:51 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by percysmith
I've been trying to contact BAEC thru the US freecall 1 800 452 1201 on and off for the last 12 hours and getting the Heavy Call Volume message.
Eventually managed to make a call to BAEC HK during contact hours and closed out my query.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by planetbox
I share your pain. I need to get a portion of an eVoucher either refunded or reissued, as BA Holidays currently holding onto a large chunk of money, which they said (on the phone in December) that they would be reissue, but so far received nothing. Impossible to reach BA Holidays by phone and their email replies take ~ 20 days at least. The average queuing time for BA customer service is around 45mins at a minimum, but they just say that you have to speak to BA Holidays, as systems are different? Maybe I need to try Twitter again.....
Normally once you use a voucher with BAH they change any residual to a BAH FTV. You wouldnt get another voucher number as the remaining value is just added in notes in the booking.So when you are ready to rebook you would need to call to use it.

BAH do use a different reservation system that we dont have in flight only sales or change booking. However managers in these departments (at least in UK not sure about other contact centres) do have acess and they can check notes in a booking. So it might be worth trying change booking and see if manager can check notes to see if details of voucher are mentioned.

Last edited by Anonba; Jan 25, 2022 at 2:19 am
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Anonba
Normally once you use a voucher with BAH they change any residual to a BAH FTV. You wouldnt get another voucher number as its put in notes of the booking you made what value is left. So when you are ready to rebook you would need to call to use it.
Thanks I didn't know that, I was told they would reissue a new voucher. Problem is I have heard slightly different things each time I've phoned. Have tried tweeting and emailing again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.