Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:25 am

After recently being told by an agent on the BA Helpline that my flight from Heathrow to Athens was a long haul service with 2 meal services in economy, I decided not to bother calling them again. The agent didn't answer my question and really did not know about BA products - and not their fault, of course, but just a warning to others.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
After recently being told by an agent on the BA Helpline that my flight from Heathrow to Athens was a long haul service with 2 meal services in economy, I decided not to bother calling them again. The agent didn't answer my question and really did not know about BA products - and not their fault, of course, but just a warning to others.
You should try calling QR, now that's a painful experience! Agents seem quite often genuinely clueless and absolutely scared to do anything for fear of repercussion it seems.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Gold line answered within 3 minutes at 2pm today (Sunday). Agent said it had been quiet and that mornings are easier than afternoons when the USA wake up.
Anonba likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:54 pm

Called the Gold line today around 4pm and answered within a few minutes. Very helpful and polite, as always 😊
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Called the Gold line this morning (Monday) at 7:45 and the introductory message was the longest part of the call. Once I had been told how busy everyone is and how they are thankful for my patience, call was answered straight away.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:58 am

Has anyone had any success speaking to someone on the BA Holidays sales line. I’ve given up waiting today after 30 mins. Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Called the Gold line this morning (Monday) at 7:45 and the introductory message was the longest part of the call. Once I had been told how busy everyone is and how they are thankful for my patience, call was answered straight away.
I tried the Gold line on three separate occasions this afternoon and on each occasion was asked to call again at another time
jonr405 and Ramos like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Nylon
Has anyone had any success speaking to someone on the BA Holidays sales line. I’ve given up waiting today after 30 mins. Thanks.
What I have done is to dial the number at 7:57:40 - 7:58:00am. The intro messages and the menu selection takes about 2 minutes and 10 sec. (you could wait longer if you need to) so you can press number 2 to connect to BA Holidays bang on 8:01am UK time.(make sure your PC/Phone whatever clock is accurate to the second as BA Holidays call centre open exactly 8:00.) I had no wait an agent straight away responded and sorted out my issue in 5 min.
I know this sounds silly games but works. Hopefully situation improves soon with less cancellations so call volume will reduce.
Nylon and ExpatExp like this.

Last edited by Krisz; Oct 4, 2021 at 12:48 pm
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
US-based Silver here, called 877-867-7970 at around 1pm ET and go through in about 40mins.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Tried calling the US gold line at 1am BST to add return to a 241. Menu options were not working properly, so I could not select the Avios section. When I eventually got through to someone, I was told that I had called the general line and that the exec club was closed (which it is if you are not good). He told me that he could not transfer me and I would need to redial. He also told me the number that I dialled wad the general one (which it wasn’t) so maybe I should have tried harder to argue before HUCA. Of course, I then could not get through, so had to do a separate booking online and call UK this am to merge together (another hour on phone and still only partially refunded)…why do they insist on releasing reward seats at a time when the call centre in their main market is closed?!?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:33 am
formerly RZachSmith

Trying to use a future travel voucher for an avios booking (as was the original booking). Anyone know what the right path through the phone tree is to get to an agent who can do an Avios booking using a future travel voucher?

I'm calling from the US, and just went through the phone tree for a new booking, got through after 20 minutes (not terrible, I guess), but was told by the person who answered that they couldn't help with an Avios booking on that line, nor could they transfer me, but that I should call back using "option 1, then option 4."

However...on the US 800 number for general contact or Blue members, there is no option 4 after option 1. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AirJam389
Trying to use a future travel voucher for an avios booking (as was the original booking). Anyone know what the right path through the phone tree is to get to an agent who can do an Avios booking using a future travel voucher?

I'm calling from the US, and just went through the phone tree for a new booking, got through after 20 minutes (not terrible, I guess), but was told by the person who answered that they couldn't help with an Avios booking on that line, nor could they transfer me, but that I should call back using "option 1, then option 4."

However...on the US 800 number for general contact or Blue members, there is no option 4 after option 1. Any advice would be much appreciated!
I can only help from the gold line in the UK, but from there it's 2 to make a booking, then choose your destination (EU is 6), then press 1 to book with Avios.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I must have the worst luck right now because today marks one week of me trying to call in and failing to speak to a person. I've called every day, up to six times at various times of the day, and every instance I'm met with a recording telling me that they are too busy and to call back later. I've got canceled segments and seat assignment glitches (for flights next year, thank goodness) that cannot be resolved through the website so I guess I'll just wait until I transit through LHR next week and beg someone at a desk to help me. I once waited almost three days for a call back from AA a few months ago but this is just next level!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I called the "Bronze" line yesterday at 1725. Was on hold for just over 20mins before being answered. It was a BAH flight + card booking that needed fixed as it had failed part way through online process - though they did manage to take my money, just not issue any tickets! :-) The CS sorted it all out with no hassle. My third call in a month and, the shortest wait so far.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 7:57 am

Seems like they're still just automatically cutting off everyone on the BA Holidays line.

Guess I'm hoping they don't try to fob me off on the silver line when I call...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.