Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Deleted
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold
Your call is important to us ;-)

Ah, if only.
I need to rebook an Avios redemption (where the original flights have long since been cancelled) and the Avios number politely declines your call without even letting you on hold, so I'm in the normal queue and have been for 36 minutes now - and I know that if I eventually get through then they will put me on the Avios line. They seem to have change the hold music too so that you get a sudden pause - think Oh maybe they're going to answer - for them only to say "Sorry, we're very busy" etc etc

I was very forgiving last March/April, but they've had 18 months now to sort this. Come on BA!
SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
45 minute wait to get through to BA Holidays yesterday. I would have booked on-line but I had a FTV to use so couldn't. If they're not going to employ more call-centre staff then they need to sort things out so that you can use these vouchers on-line and restore other on-line functionality such as being able to cancel a flight and get a cash refund on an Avios booking, or indeed any booking. Having said that, once I did get through the lady I spoke with was lovely and really helpful.
SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I love some of the other bullsh** messages on there
"Its quicker and easier to change your booking on BA.com...." - No it isnt
"Have you thought about using your avios to upgrade to Business class, with fully flat beds....." - Yes but they're never available etc.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
A relative spent 2 x 1 hour+ calls trying to get hold of someone as they were getting an error message when trying to use their FTV online.

Yes, over 2 hours on hold for someone to assist with an FTV.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
'Your call is important to us' means you call isn't important at all, in fact we'd rather you didn't call us at all but as you have, you need to know we employ the absolute minimum of staff in our call centre to keep our costs down and profits up and your time wasted listening to these messages repeating themselves is of no importance whatever and we wish you would just b*gger off.

I generally take my business elsewhere and certainly never engage in 'online chat' which usually resolves nothing.
Keystone likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Paren
A relative spent 2 x 1 hour+ calls trying to get hold of someone as they were getting an error message when trying to use their FTV online.

Yes, over 2 hours on hold for someone to assist with an FTV.
Nope, 10 hours total a couple of weeks ago for the same thing. Ridiculous
Paren likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
So, I am wondering what is actually going on - I called the Gold line several times this week to cancel an Avios booking (cannot do online, it seems, without getting to the voucher option, which I do not want) and waited over 30 minutes each time. Ultimately, decided to change dates forward for a couple of months in hope I can use the ticket then.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
Terrible experience last night and this morning....

Will update when this is resolved.
Called back again the next afternoon, and waited another hour on hold. Once I reached someone, the cancellation was simple, and the taxes posted back to the card within 48 hours.

The CSR I spoke with said that she and all her associates were beseeching BA to resume the online cancelations, because it was making their jobs much harder. I do hope someone there listens.
Keystone likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Can someone give me the number of the Blue line - is it in the UK? Alternatively - if I have to use the 0344 4930747 number and I have a FTV (avios booking with a 241) and want to change the destination - is it option 1? Or is it the avios/BAEC option. it's just that I am profoundly deaf and get in a panic when hearing menu options. Got cut off last night after 1 hour,
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
What a diabolical situation. Trying to get through to book an multi-city avios redemption for days. Finally rang You First (had to also rearrange a US flight) today and got through with only 20 more minutes of the **#%% Flower Duet. They asked for anything else to help me, started the process, and got cut off. Probably because it was an hour’s worth. Someone needs to sort this out, and fast.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
The CSR I spoke with said that she and all her associates were beseeching BA to resume the online cancelations, because it was making their jobs much harder. I do hope someone there listens.
Yup, they've brought this on themselves by forcing people to call for things that could easily be dealt with online.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:17 pm

I've tried to get through every day this week, several times a day, on the published numbers. Twitter and emailing Customer Disservice resulted in being sent round in circles and no service whatsoever. Just tried the 0800 number which I found via this thread (thanks!) on the complete chance someone might answer. Got through to an agent in India, who couldn't resolve my issues, but did help with some. I'll try the 0800 number again tomorrow...
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by TryingtoturnLeft
I’ve used the Silver line for all my BA holiday changes, including a downgrade reroute.
There is a option for flight and car/hotel once you get through on the Silver line.
Doesn't that just put you in the regular BAH queue? Or, at the moment, the regular BAH call cutter-offer?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00
Doesn't that just put you in the regular BAH queue? Or, at the moment, the regular BAH call cutter-offer?
Didn't in my experience. I wish I'd known it sooner!

Far better to have to wait an age on hold than have to keep calling in the hope of them letting it go through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.