Silver
0800 408 0009 (from the UK)
+44 207 949 3065 (outside the UK)

Bronze

0800 597 7580 (from the UK)
+44 (0) 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

Blue
0844 493 0747 (from the UK)
Calls charged at 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile charges may be higher.

0344 493 0747 (from the UK)

Included in any applicable call packages, otherwise standard landline rates when calling from a UK landline.
Included in talktime and bundled minutes, otherwise standard rates apply when calling from a UK mobile.

+44 207 949 3086 (outside the UK)

International Call Centre Contact Numbers

Spain

+34 910 50 75 50
(Option 1 for Gold, Option 2 for Silver, Bronze and Blue)

1 hour rule

If you are holding for 1 hour you will normally be cut off. Normally, the 1 hour cut-off doesn't happen if you are actually speaking to someone, it's only if you are holding. But if you get through to someone just before the hour, make sure you tell them that you are coming up to the 1 hour point and they will then note your number if you do get cut off and call you back.

Good times to call

The UK lines open at 8am. If you try to get in the queue before 8am you will get a message saying that the call centre is closed, so it's best to dial at exactly 7.58am. The introduction message talking about data policy etc. lasts for just over a minute, so by 8am you should get to the "to change your flight press 1" menu. To change a flight booked with Avios, flight only, the options are 1,1,1 so as soon as your phone says it's 8am, hit the 1,1,1. You probably won't get through immediately but you probably will get through before being cut off at the 1 hour mark.

Print Wikipost

Current Status of BA Call Center

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Peter_S
I got through yesterday morning on the normal gold number, as I wanted a refund not voucher for a cancelled flight to Nairobi tomorrow. Followed the normal menu prompts and was talking to someone in well under 5 minutes. It was the return leg of an NBO LHR NBO ticket nested in an LHR NBO LHR ticket, and was priced in US$. It’s gone to ticketing to calculate the refund due... I fear it’ll be a lot less than half the fare paid, but let’s see! Once I’m within 72 hours of the NBO LHR leg of the original booking I’ll call again...
Hi Peter,

I'm in a similar position, but not due to travel until the end of the month. Would you be willing to share what BA quote you as a % of the original ticket value? I was told before that trips that had already begun couldn't be refunded at all...

Thank you,

​​​​​​Jon
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by NeedBAHelperDesperately
I was able to get to the call center, I called 1-877-767-7970 from USA. I'm waiting for the customer service person to put back my avios from my cancelled flights.
Been trying for an hour. About every 5-6 minutes. Same automated message to call back later due to high call volume. Supposed to fly out of SFO-ORD-LHR tomorrow morning but return trip canceled. Looking to get the refund and not interested in the voucher. Will keep trying all day until I get through, or maybe I will have to try the java script work around?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Haven't tried myself but apparently 7-7:30 a.m. has been very quiet.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Haven't tried myself but apparently 7-7:30 a.m. has been very quiet.
yes and can we stop advertising this I like my morning coffee 😂😂
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by toadman
Been trying for an hour. About every 5-6 minutes. Same automated message to call back later due to high call volume. Supposed to fly out of SFO-ORD-LHR tomorrow morning but return trip canceled. Looking to get the refund and not interested in the voucher. Will keep trying all day until I get through, or maybe I will have to try the java script work around?

Don't think I have ever quoted myself on Flyertalk before, but update to my situation. I just got put in hold at 10:23AM PDT, and was connected to a CSR at 10:48AM PDT. Was able to request a refund and it is in the queue. He said it would probably take at least 15 days, and not to be surprised if it took closer to 21 days due to the high volume of refund requests being processed.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 11:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Hawk777
yes and can we stop advertising this I like my morning coffee 😂😂
You should do what I do - refuse to answer any posts until the second coffee has gone down - otherwise the information thereby imparted could be badly wrong.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I posted in another thread, after having similar issues, that calling 020 3250 0145 got me through at 14:50 on a weekday. What I do find surprising reading all the stories and reports on FT is it seems once in the queue the wait time isn't actually that excessive (mine was 15-minutes and reported here toadman had 'only' 25-minutes). I'm used to waiting much longer with other companies during normal times, so why is BA forcing the queue so short? Surely most people would prefer to be in a queue rather than cut off and having to keep trying again and again with no knowing of getting though? Is it a quirk of a specific phone system they use?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by toadman
I had to wait about 30 minutes, I got refund for my main trip from LAX to LHR, only my avios and companion voucher was refunded, the call center also extended my voucher for an extra 6 months. The tax money is still not refunded. On the second booking, the call was accidentally dropped, emphasis was on accidentally. Lol.
But I have 4-5 bookings, at least one was refunded, both avios and money, maybe because I booked that trip in March, from London to Athens.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Gold line tonight, option 3 then option 4, call answered in 10 seconds. Very professional response, job done in another 2 minutes.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:36 pm

Having tried approximately 10 times over the course of the last 2 days without even being able to join the holding queue - I’m now through and awaiting my turn! 21:35 BST on a Wednesday.
Now let’s see how long the hold is!
* edited to mention, I’m silver (so using the main line: 0203 250 0145).
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:19 pm

A brief update to my post above in case the data is useful for anyone; the call took just 15 minutes, approximately 13 minutes holding followed by about 2 minutes in conversation.
Very efficient customer service representative, not overly friendly - but perfectly polite, and fast. No doubt working extraordinarily hard under immense pressure, so I’m grateful.
No issues whatsoever with my request for a refund. The word ‘voucher’ wasn’t even mentioned.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tom London
A brief update to my post above in case the data is useful for anyone; the call took just 15 minutes, approximately 13 minutes holding followed by about 2 minutes in conversation.
Very efficient customer service representative, not overly friendly - but perfectly polite, and fast. No doubt working extraordinarily hard under immense pressure, so I’m grateful.
No issues whatsoever with my request for a refund. The word ‘voucher’ wasn’t even mentioned.
My experience was similar once I got through to an agent. Never suggested a voucher. I think by now, they know the drill.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Just wondering, given the current strains on the contact centres are BA allowing new bookings to be made by phone? Or is it purely dealing with those travelling in the next 72 hours? I note the Gold line is answered as usual, with the usual options presented.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Just wondering, given the current strains on the contact centres are BA allowing new bookings to be made by phone? Or is it purely dealing with those travelling in the next 72 hours? I note the Gold line is answered as usual, with the usual options presented.
no 72 hours rule in place now but it's again been very busy especially the last couple of hours at one point the wait was well over an hour late evening
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawk777
no 72 hours rule in place now but it's again been very busy especially the last couple of hours at one point the wait was well over an hour late evening
Thank you so much for the reply, the Gold line still says "if your travel is not within the next 72 hours, please wait to contact us closer to your travel date" hence me asking .
I'm not in any rush, so I can wait, let the agents deal with those most in need first .
Hawk777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.