Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a flight tracking app for future dates.

Old Apr 9, 20, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

I have a BA0064 flight departing Sunday 24 MAY. Which is NBO>LHR. I wont actually be taking this flight as i'm currently in Bali. This is a return leg and its not booked direct with BA its booked with a TA. I received the following email today however i'm pretty sure BA will cancel this flight. NBO currently has a flight ban.

Dear djtriggz,

Greetings from BYOJet Travel.

Please be advised that your flights are still confirmed by the airline.

We have sent you a separate email with the copy of your itinerary.

Further, you have the option to hold the value of the ticket into credit for future travel with an applicable fee of GBP55.00 per reservation plus any possible tax and fare difference.

Rebooking must be before 13 February 2021

New Travel must be completed by 13 February 2021

Please contact us 24 hours prior flight departure to discuss other options (where permitted). Should you not contact us to update your flight details this may result in missed flights or additional fees on your behalf.

Jane
Customer Support
BYOJET Travel
Is there any app you guys can recommend that will know pretty quickly when a flight has been cancelled as the communication from BA/TA have been limited.
Old Apr 10, 20, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by djtriggz View Post
I have a BA0064 flight departing Sunday 24 MAY. Which is NBO>LHR. I wont actually be taking this flight as i'm currently in Bali. This is a return leg and its not booked direct with BA its booked with a TA. I received the following email today however i'm pretty sure BA will cancel this flight. NBO currently has a flight ban.

Is there any app you guys can recommend that will know pretty quickly when a flight has been cancelled as the communication from BA/TA have been limited.
CheckMyTrip should do it.

If you have your email in the booking BA should email you directly also.
Old Apr 10, 20, 1:43 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
OMG, your TA asks you 55GBP in order to convert your flight to a voucher where BA does it for free. That is strange.

Regardless, the best way to learn about your flight status is to go to MMB on BA.com, add your contact details ( e-mail / phone number ) over there and they would e-mail you automatically when your flight is canceled or changed. Even though you gave your e-mail and phone number to your TA, it might not be inserted in BA's own system so I would check if BA has your contact details registered on your booking.
Old Apr 10, 20, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Interesting name for a TA. I think that would turn me off!
ISTFlyer, ens100 and realgaga like this.
Old Apr 10, 20, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Good point - hadn't thought about Check My Trip for cancellation notification.

Incidentally, just looking at it for a future trip LHR-OTP (for which I have requested a voucher) it is now showing as Nice-Bucharest and the Confirmation No as REFUND.
Old Apr 10, 20, 12:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I'm a big fan of Flighty on iPhone. It's been invaluable as I work my way through numerous bookings from March to September. On one particular booking Flighty notified me a sector was cancelled but it was still showing as operating on the BA site. The following day BA advised it was cancelled. I still don't know how Flighty knew before BA did.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 10, 20, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
OMG, your TA asks you 55GBP in order to convert your flight to a voucher where BA does it for free. That is strange.

Regardless, the best way to learn about your flight status is to go to MMB on BA.com, add your contact details ( e-mail / phone number ) over there and they would e-mail you automatically when your flight is canceled or changed. Even though you gave your e-mail and phone number to your TA, it might not be inserted in BA's own system so I would check if BA has your contact details registered on your booking.
Yeah!! Totally not cool however i did save 180GBP on the flight than booking it direct.
Old Apr 10, 20, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
I'm a big fan of Flighty on iPhone. It's been invaluable as I work my way through numerous bookings from March to September. On one particular booking Flighty notified me a sector was cancelled but it was still showing as operating on the BA site. The following day BA advised it was cancelled. I still don't know how Flighty knew before BA did.
Just downloaded it thanks! Looks like a really cool app are you using the pro version?
Old Apr 10, 20, 7:49 pm
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by vintagepilot View Post
Good point - hadn't thought about Check My Trip for cancellation notification.

Incidentally, just looking at it for a future trip LHR-OTP (for which I have requested a voucher) it is now showing as Nice-Bucharest and the Confirmation No as REFUND.
Although CheckMyTrip has emailed me about changes and cancellations before, have you all noticed that it has stopped doing so?
Old Apr 10, 20, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Although CheckMyTrip has emailed me about changes and cancellations before, have you all noticed that it has stopped doing so?
I signed up for there service and it wouldn't recognise my Airline Ref Number :/
Old Apr 10, 20, 8:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just downloaded it thanks! Looks like a really cool app are you using the pro version?
Yes and Iím keeping it going during this down time to alert me to changes in flights that I would like to cancel for a refund over the next few months.
Old Apr 11, 20, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Yes - glad someone else said it, I had thought I might be going slightly mad! I haven't had any notifications of 2 other trips which I had forgotten I had loaded to CMT and which have been cancelled. It says cancelled when I go into each trip, but no messages.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: