Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID-19: From our family to yours - Regards, A.Cruz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19: From our family to yours - Regards, A.Cruz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If we are part of the family, will we be invited over for Sunday lunch?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I read it, realised quickly it was another one of those virtue-signalling, corporate nonsensicals I've been receiving way too many of recently, and immediately sent it on its merry way to the virtual rubbish bin.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I read it, realised quickly it was another one of those virtue-signalling, corporate nonsensicals I've been receiving way too many of recently, and immediately sent it on its merry way to the virtual rubbish bin.
Yeah... one more of those ubiquitous "your wellbeing is our priority" emails that's so common nowadays, and I need to go yell my lungs out.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: BA, EK, UA, MK
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
If he had repeated epic it would have sounded like another more powerful soulless individual
And noting of course that he didn't miss the apparent requirement these days that any written or verbal communication must use the word "incredible" repeatedly. Am I being uncharitable in suggesting it looks lazy or insincere?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
I personally think this message is to reassure passengers that BA won't go bust and please don't ask for a refund, get a voucher instead so we fly again together soon. Looks like a reasonable letter to me.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by layz
As a former bmi diamond club member I miss the "hugs and kisses" emails we used to get
I think if AC sent out a "hug and kisses" email he would be accused on not taking Social Distancing seriously
ML
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
As a high and mighty, not to mention proud, Blue member, I was upset to read this. I thought this sort of drivel was reserved for all you GfL types, amd that we Blues were above all this.
You are part of the BA family, regardless of status, and are thus important to them.

And us.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
Not only meaningless - but very, very late.

PS. Without status extension, BA doesn't want me as part of its "family" anyway.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
If we are part of the family, will we be invited over for Sunday lunch?
What ? You mean you haven’t had your invitation yet ? I’ve already had mine, am pleased to say

(just a tad surprised that the invitation includes a reminder to bring my smartphone, with BA app fully updated, as “the cost of lunch will be charged to your BAEC Avios account”)
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by ermis177
On the other hand, we have the usual suspects telling us how amazing and flawless the experience with BA is and feeling so sad that BA is losing so much money so we should not be looking for compensation when we get a small bottle of water and a cheese sandwich because...they are 'saving our lives'. Someone even suggested that the goverment should bail out BA without any terms and conditions because it was the goverment's decision to lockdown UK ( this particular member forgot to mention what the other options are...).

The e-mail was just poor. Nothing about status or something interesting. To give another prespective Aegean has already extended my status for 6 months and all the vouchers plus giving me 3.000 miles for every flight i rebook if i do not apply for a refund.

That's what i call a proper email.
sorry I can’t see anyone who has posted that, can you provide the actual post number please, many thanks
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Just received this email from Mr Cruz himself!

Make what you will of that.
Here in the UK each Thursday at 1900 GMT we 'Clap for Carers' in recognition of our Critical Care Workers and which I know similar recognition is observed in many other countries as well (and rigtly so). Today at 1900 GMT we should do a 'Crap for Cruz' and using the printed out email from AC, use it to wipe your a*se. Caveat: Probably best not to use printer paper if you have a Septic Tank,

ML
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

FT rules have been broken in several posts above so to avoid the inevitable dishing out of disciplinary Easter eggs, this discussion is now closed.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
:D! and Fly_IAD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.