Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Cancellation via agent contact vs. online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Cancellation via agent contact vs. online?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Question BA Cancellation via agent contact vs. online?

I was wondering whether it makes any difference whatsoever if I have to cancel an itinerary if it is done with an agent or whether it is fine to do it online?

I have an itinerary in September from PHL/LHR/AMS and the return is BUD/LHR/PHL...as of this moment, PHL is NOT one of the airports designated as acceptable for flights from Europe. Obviously, I don't know whether that may change by September but I do have some concerns about our being able to complete the intended itinerary and see the possibility of having to cancel our trip so I was just wondering if doing it online works as well as calling the call center.

Thank you to anyone who may provide some insight!!!
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ddschur
I was wondering whether it makes any difference whatsoever if I have to cancel an itinerary if it is done with an agent or whether it is fine to do it online?

I have an itinerary in September from PHL/LHR/AMS and the return is BUD/LHR/PHL...as of this moment, PHL is NOT one of the airports designated as acceptable for flights from Europe. Obviously, I don't know whether that may change by September but I do have some concerns about our being able to complete the intended itinerary and see the possibility of having to cancel our trip so I was just wondering if doing it online works as well as calling the call center.

Thank you to anyone who may provide some insight!!!
if your flights still due to operate at the moment any cancellation will be subject to the and cs and cancellation fees of your booking with depending on how you have booked could mean very little back
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ddschur
Obviously, I don't know whether that may change by September but I do have some concerns about our being able to complete the intended itinerary and see the possibility of having to cancel our trip so I was just wondering if doing it online works as well as calling the call center.
I think we need more details about how and when you booked it to know whether you are covered with the Buy with Confidence two main strands:
ba.com/confidence
More detail in the main Rebooking thread, see in particular its wiki.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes as noted if none of your flights are cancelled atm, if you cancel whether online or with an agent you will probably only get back some taxes & fees if it is non refundable. You are better off waiting to see what happens - once one of the flights gets cancelled on the booking you will be entitled to a full refund.
Often1 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios
Thank you..

Thanks to all who responded!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.