Ba holidays voucher request unanswered

Old Apr 6, 20, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRITISH AIRWAYS, AER LINGUS, QATAR AIRWAYS
Ba holidays voucher request unanswered

Hi Guys, as a first time poster, forgive me if this has been answered already, but I've searched the many posts without any joy.
We requested a voucher on Friday March 17th 2020 but to date have received no voucher, and not even an acknowledgement. Nothing.
I've tried contacting BA Exec Club who cant help as its a BA Holidays booking.
I've been unable to speak to anyone at BA Holidays as the lines are continuously busy which is understandable.
Does anyone have an email for BA Holidays I can use to follow this up, or do many of you also have unissued vouchers going back 3-4 weeks now?
Is there anything else I can do or any advise?
Thanks all for the brilliant advise you've always shared on here. Take care
Old Apr 6, 20, 11:16 am

Ive usually had a response in a few days from https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb but that was over two weeks ago now, they may have less staff now.
BobAnamIRL likes this.
Old Apr 6, 20, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by BobAnamIRL View Post
Hi Guys, as a first time poster, forgive me if this has been answered already, but I've searched the many posts without any joy.
We requested a voucher on Friday March 17th 2020 but to date have received no voucher, and not even an acknowledgement. Nothing.
I requested mine on 16 March and still nothing. I've reached out to BA twice on Twitter, they've responded twice, but still nothing.
BobAnamIRL likes this.
Old Apr 6, 20, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome in particular to the BA forum BobAnamIRL, I hope we will see more of you here in the future.

There are quite a few people waiting for further updates on vouchers, so you are by no means alone. Have a look at this thread in particular
How long for refunds to be processed

and in particular post 259, where there is someone in BA who can perhaps assist you directly. Also have a look at the wiki in the main COVID-19 rebooking thread, where you will find out how to use Qantas to perhaps extract further information. If all else fails, just call BA Holidays later this week and hopefully they will be able to clarify matters for you.

Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
BobAnamIRL likes this.
Old Apr 6, 20, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
corporate-wage-slave That person - BA refund helper can't help with BA holiday bookings

I can't help with BA Hols queries or the "voucher" process put in place by BA in mid-March
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32269423-post301.html
Old Apr 7, 20, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC 1991
Does anyone have an email for BA Holidays I can use to follow this up...?
I had a BA Holiday (flight plus car) - the numbers were quite small - I could have waited until mid April to contact BA but sent an email to

[email protected]

and had the cash back in less than 10 days.

I harvested the email address from an admin email that BA sent to me regarding the car hire element of the holiday.

I hope that helps.
BobAnamIRL and PantsFlyer like this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 4:06 am

Programs: Warrant Card, BA Blue, PFOA
Requested mine on Sunday and received an email reply on Tuesday..
BobAnamIRL likes this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks Rolandrat, I've sent an email and I'll see if and when they respond. Appreciate your input.
Old Apr 7, 20, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Super Blackheathflyer, I've sent an email together with all our details. I'll let you know how we get on. Thanks for sharing the email
Old Apr 7, 20, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Many thanks corporate-wage-slave
Really useful links. I did contact the BArefundshelper just in case. Perhaps if they cant assist, they can forward it the relevant person or team? I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Apr 7, 20, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

BARefundHelper came back and pointed out that they don't have any involvement with BAHols bookings and it would need to be chased with BA Holidays directly.
Grateful for a response although it wasn't able to move our case forward in any way.
One of my learnings from this is never to add a hotel stay to an existing ba.com booking. Had I not added a simple one night stay to an existing ba.com flight only booking, we would not have been considered a BAHols booking.
Old Apr 7, 20, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Going to follow up on this thread. I have a booking for a BA Holiday in the upcoming weekend. Given all what's going on, I requested a voucher somewhere around March 24, and got a 'confirmation' mail saying "We’re now processing your voucher and you’ll receive it within the next seven days." on March 26 but haven't received a voucher and the booking is still active in MMB (although most of the flights are cancelled). Thinking about trying to call tomorrow just to be sure all is fine but don't want to hang on the phone waiting all day.
Old Apr 14, 20, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Result 😉

Email with confirmation of voucher amount finally received today from BA Holidays.
Almost 4 weeks to the date of original application online. Thanks so much to you all for your advise. Got there in the end. A small glimmer of hope in the current climate.
Old Apr 14, 20, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TimDP View Post
Going to follow up on this thread. I have a booking for a BA Holiday in the upcoming weekend. Given all what's going on, I requested a voucher somewhere around March 24, and got a 'confirmation' mail saying "We’re now processing your voucher and you’ll receive it within the next seven days." on March 26 but haven't received a voucher and the booking is still active in MMB (although most of the flights are cancelled). Thinking about trying to call tomorrow just to be sure all is fine but don't want to hang on the phone waiting all day.
I had this for a flight...accepted the voucher and eventually received a confirmation email and a promise to send one within 7 days. Well 2 weeks later and the flight date (that BA had cancelled on their website although travel to RUH had been impossible for weeks due to Saudi restrictions) approached. Lost patience and asked my credit card company to reverse the payment. BA can challenge it, but with a promise to send a voucher within a specified time period and then not performing...I think I'm in the driving seat in this one.

Chris
Old Apr 16, 20, 8:14 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
I emailed BA holiday, within 24 hours they had my booking cancelled, voucher issued and applied to a new account. Absolutely excellent service
EDIwanderer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: