Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to Book Avios flights with a domestic connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to this?

I'm looking to book an Avios redemption with a domestic leg starting in EDI, for example, EDI-LHR-HND, but I get stuck in a loop regarding stopovers or no stopovers.

I can see there is Avios availability for both legs if I search EDI-LHR and then LHR-HND.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Stephen.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
will it let you go to the search engine if you select yes for a stopover? if so just select yes and select arrival and departure date as the same day.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
will it let you go to the search engine if you select yes for a stopover? if so just select yes and select arrival and departure date as the same day.
Makes no difference Karfa.

I've tried no stopover, same day, next day, it just says...

There was a problem with your request, please try again later.

Stephen.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Try opening an incognito window, sign in and try on there?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Try opening an incognito window, sign in and try on there?
Makes no difference I'm afraid. I've tried on mobile chrome, through the app and on my desktop, no difference at all.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I seam to remember a post about this a few months ago, but can’t remember the exact details as it’s not something I do often, but i have vague memories it was in a thread that they had changed the rules so you don’t get free domestic connections anymore, just the different taxes of the connecting flights, I think the advice might be to call up and ask, appreciate people are holding back at the moment to keep the lines free, but I can’t think of another hack to do it on the website.

Hopefully someone with a better memory or greater knowledge will be along to assist shortly...

Paging @corporate-wage-slave
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think it was me, but I remember the post too. And sometimes BA.com just throws a new error - it's under a continuous development cycle at the moment - so new bugs arrive and depart all the time. Clearly if the OP wanted to put some dates someone could try it out, otherwise it would be best to call up. Contact Centres are getting quieter.
navylad likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
I seam to remember a post about this a few months ago, but can’t remember the exact details as it’s not something I do often, but i have vague memories it was in a thread that they had changed the rules so you don’t get free domestic connections anymore, just the different taxes of the connecting flights, I think the advice might be to call up and ask, appreciate people are holding back at the moment to keep the lines free, but I can’t think of another hack to do it on the website.

Hopefully someone with a better memory or greater knowledge will be along to assist shortly...

Paging @corporate-wage-slave
Cheers, but even if the domestic leg is now paid for, wouldn't the booking engine still try to show the flight options and then price up the combined Avios cost?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't think it was me, but I remember the post too. And sometimes BA.com just throws a new error - it's under a continuous development cycle at the moment - so new bugs arrive and depart all the time. Clearly if the OP wanted to put some dates someone could try it out, otherwise it would be best to call up. Contact Centres are getting quieter.
22/03/2021 one way (obviously) for 2 people in business.
EDI-LHR-HND
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stephenjc
22/03/2021 one way (obviously) for 2 people in business.
EDI-LHR-HND
Ah, right on 355 days. Let's have another look tomorrow.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Right on the limit of the bookign wndow so likely not all variations loaded

(Would have been good if the OP had put the dates into the first post)
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

All well and good, but it doesn't work if I try 4th January 2021, so nothing to do with the 355 day limit.

It's broken, no matter what days I try, soon or 355 days out.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:11 pm

I have had this issue all week when trying to book a number of connecting RFS itineraries. I just assumed BA.com was having one of its frequent hissy fits.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I have had this issue all week when trying to book a number of connecting RFS itineraries. I just assumed BA.com was having one of its frequent hissy fits.
Glad it's not just me, been like this for about 2 weeks
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I can confirm it was definitely working some weeks ago, on 29 Feb. We successfully booked an Avios redemption starting in BHD via the App.
stephenjc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.