Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay-at-Home Taskmaster: Your first meaningful destination when safe to fly again?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
First BA: Probably a TP run and vacation to the USA ( Earliest: Within 2-3 months after BA resumes IST-LHR )
First trip with all carriers: Somewhere else in Turkey ( Earliest: A few days after the travel restrictions end at Turkey )
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
... the appeal of the wife's homemade apple tart is beginning to wear a bit thin...
Hey, ye cannae beat a good tart
HIDDY and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Almeria for a long weekend at the earliest opportunity,

Then Brazil and Japan - maybe in one trip.

I just hope it's going to be this year!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Willing that our booked trip to Lisbon goes ahead 29 July for my husband’s 50th - we love LIS!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just as soon as the travel ban is lifted, a weekend in in Montreux, Switzerland.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
This past weekend was meant to be a surprise trip to NYC for myself and Mrs Wilsnunn for our wedding anniversary. As that didn’t happen I hope that we can get that scheduled in at some point. She has never been to NYC and I was really looking forward to showing her around!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:59 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I have a business trip to Telford, then Germany and Switzerland, and basically everything is on hold until these trips can be done.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Got a trip to Seattle/Vancouver booked in September. Including an Alaska cruise...

​​​Tempted by the HNL TP run but can't quite justify the price at the moment. Wait til I've had a few beers though...
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
I just want to finally get to Maui, a trip that should have started in exactly one week from now. I have no idea when it will happen.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Well I've got Miami booked in for September. Fingers crossed that goes ahead...
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
While waiting for our 4 trips in 2020 to be cancelled (MLA, IAD, ANU, CPT), I guess I look ahead to 2021 with the intention of going for PUJ or CPT [l/h] or MLA [s/h]. Escaping Winter depression would be a prime objective, by going somewhere WARM!
Lefly and groenroos like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flywriter
I’m also slightly obsessed with the Rausch chocolate shop in Berlin, so dreaming of a trip there next winter!
The shop was refurbished and modernised recently, and lost a lot of its character in the process. The chocolate is as good as ever, of course, but the experience is no longer anything particularly special. And they must have improved the air-conditioning, as you are no longer hit by the deep aroma of chocolate when you walk through the door!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Medellin, I have a couple of trips already planned, we'll see which of them actually come off.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've got Oman and Doha booked for October, which hopefully will be going ahead. Other than that, nothing this year.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
I have nothing on BA at all booked now. Just a SOF and ATH from last month on Easy that have been moved to October and have taken advantage of the Easy prices for several weekend trips to Gibraltar. If they don't happen i'm not too fussed. The bigger trips I am holding off re booking for now because it is such a pain.

I am very much looking forward to my next pint of London Pride sat in the Gibraltar sun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.