Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Refund of seat selection fee on reward booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:04 am
Original Poster

We have reward flights booked for August, and as lowly Blue members of the Exec Club have paid for seat selection. If, as seems increasingly possible, we (or BA) cancel these flights will we have a cash refund of the seat selection fee? I understand we will get a refund of the Avios plus fees/taxes (subject to an amendment fee), but what about the seat selection fee?

Apologies if this is a newbie question, but this is all a bit new to me!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:11 am

If BA cancels the flight then yes..seat selection fees are refundable. If you choose to cancel then fees are non refundable.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Our plan is almost certainly to wait until BA decide one way or another.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Thanks. Our plan is almost certainly to wait until BA decide one way or another.
Good thinking..who knows what the situation will be by then.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:29 am

When our BA holiday was cancelled we were told that seat booking fees would need to be claimed back separately:

Prepaid seating refunds can be requested using the following claims form. Please mention that your booking was cancelled due to COVID-19 when submitting your form.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=seating_claim_form “
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by travelhappypair
When our BA holiday was cancelled we were told that seat booking fees would need to be claimed back separately:

Prepaid seating refunds can be requested using the following claims form. Please mention that your booking was cancelled due to COVID-19 when submitting your form.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=seating_claim_form “
Thanks for the link! I applied for refund of seat selection fees on a flight SJC- LHR which was cancelled by BA/AA.

I already received a refund from AA for the tickets.

The BA reply says that I will hear about my refund "within 28 days". LOL

Also note that you have 30 days from the final BA operated flight in your itinerary to claim a refund.

Last edited by dlaue; Apr 9, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.