Search

Non-BA Flight Bookings On-Line

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, VA
Non-BA Flight Bookings On-Line

Hi,

With the current Coronavirus situation and the pressure on the BA Call Centres, is there a way of booking a One World partner flight on-line at all?

I will be wanting to book in a few weeks, but would prefer not to be taking time from the call centre staff who could be dealing with far more serious calls.

Many Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 10:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi. Do you mean a reward flight? If so yes you should be able to book these in the normal way, so sign in to your BAEC account, click on "Book with avios", and search for what you want.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi Karfa,

It is a reward flight I am after, but I am looking at a JAL flight rather than a BA flight, so unsure if it is possible to book online via some other means.

Most flights that have either a sector or operated in it’s entirety by another airline, it states that you cannot book that flight via the website.

I was hoping there may be another way to do this rather than having to call.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by tonymc
Hi Karfa,

It is a reward flight I am after, but I am looking at a JAL flight rather than a BA flight, so unsure if it is possible to book online via some other means.

Most flights that have either a sector or operated in it’s entirety by another airline, it states that you cannot book that flight via the website.

I was hoping there may be another way to do this rather than having to call.

Many thanks.
For a JAL reward flight it shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to search and book online as I noted above. The reward search page is separate from the normal revenue search page.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - should have been clearer - it’s a SYD-HND flight I’m going to be booking rather than one to the UK. The message is shown in the attached image.

Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by tonymc
Sorry - should have been clearer - it’s a SYD-HND flight I’m going to be booking rather than one to the UK. The message is shown in the attached image.
ah so normally at the bottom it would have a button to continue but for some reason it’s struggling to work out the taxes & fees. Normally you would be able to book this online, I have booked many JAL reward flights like this before, but due to the specific issue here you would need to call.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I had the same issue last month for intended QF F class tickets. The system didn't proceed through the step which tonymc shared with us in the image in post #4 . The system couldn't price and I couldn't complete the reservation. However, I'm glad that I didn't as the flight that I intended to take is canceled at this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.