Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Which eleven countries?
Here you go (if you can !) .......

- Palau
- Tuvalu
- Mexico
- Nicaragua
- Aruba
- Curacao
- Cambodia
- Tanzania

and, closer to home, for UK residents .......

- Netherlands
- Sweden
- Iceland
checkerboard and T8191 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Still waiting for LGW>Catania on 2nd May to be cancelled. I can’t see it running, but it’s stubbornly showing as running in the app and MMB!
I get the impression from the posts above that UK Domestics are the first ones on BA’s list, e.g. NCL, INV.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load

- Palau
- Tuvalu
- Mexico
- Nicaragua
- Aruba
- Curacao
- Cambodia
- Tanzania

- Netherlands
- Sweden
- Iceland
And now I've literally started looking at flights to go to Mexico this weekend for two weeks to make up for my cancelled trip.

Someone please stop me...
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Dan1113
And now I've literally started looking at flights to go to Mexico this weekend for two weeks to make up for my cancelled trip.

As my wife of 40 years would say, “Is this wise?”.

However, if you really need to take the medical/travel risks ... who am I to deny you this moment of madness. 😎

From where do you hope to travel? And, indeed, hopefully return after this venture into the unknown?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:10 pm

All it needs is a change in current circumstances, and with it a consequent change in their Government policy ....... and Mexico itself will stop you !
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by subject2load

- Palau
- Tuvalu
- Mexico
- Nicaragua
- Aruba
- Curacao
- Cambodia
- Tanzania

- Netherlands
- Sweden
- Iceland
Add Belarus.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
I know it’s going to be a long time before we reach ‘normal’ again but do you think an Euro break in September would be possible? Surely we can’t be in this state by then.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I know it’s going to be a long time before we reach ‘normal’ again but do you think an Euro break in September would be possible? Surely we can’t be in this state by then.
Any answers given can be no more than pure speculation. Not least given how much talk there is (from ‘informed sources’) of a second wave.
rockflyertalk and BAeuro like this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:00 pm

The other half has most certainly told me to not even dream about booking Mexico, so don't worry - I was not really serious (as tempting as it was).

Other European countries are now starting to open up ever so slightly -- Denmark is reopening primary schools and nurseries soon, and Austria is opening shops, first small ones tomorrow then bigger ones soon, with restaurants next month. Of course, through all this, Sweden continues to function a partly normal society with open bars and restaurants.

My fear is that the UK psyche is now so 'locked' onto a full lockdown that the second anyone even dreams of loosening restrictions and we see a spike, they will demand a lockdown again. But unless we plan to lockdown until a vaccine comes, someone has to admit that it has to be about keeping it manageable with the healthcare system, not eradicating it completely. Under Sweden's path, they estimate they will have enough herd immunity (while managing to keep hospitals afloat and saving jobs/preventing suicides as a result of the downturn and a lockdown) by the end of summer or early autumn, so September trips would possibly work if people followed the Swedish method. That's the logic there anyway.

But anyway, I am digressing a bit! Annoyingly, my May flights are still fully in tact with no sign of a cancellation or refund.
James91 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:37 pm

My return trip to Bologna for 22-25 May has been cancelled unsurprising.

As it was booked with Avios and a Lloyd’s voucher what’s the best way to get the cash and Avios back as painlessly as possible?

Also is their any hope of reusing the voucher (it expired last October)?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:02 pm

ANU-LGW...May 1st...Still operating, but waiting for the cancellation email.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Seppy
My return trip to Bologna for 22-25 May has been cancelled unsurprising.

As it was booked with Avios and a Lloyd’s voucher what’s the best way to get the cash and Avios back as painlessly as possible?

Also is their any hope of reusing the voucher (it expired last October)?
I don’t know what they are doing with Lloyds vouchers but even in normal circumstance you are able to change the dates and destination (within the same avios band) of your booking so you should be able to do this if you can get through.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Looking at LHR-IAD (& vv) the loadings are excruciatingly light at the moment - often < 20 pax (having gone from 2/week to daily). Although freight might make it vaguely economical I can't help but feel that there must be some political pressure being applied to keep certain key routes operating.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
The other half has most certainly told me to not even dream about booking Mexico, so don't worry - I was not really serious (as tempting as it was).

Other European countries are now starting to open up ever so slightly -- Denmark is reopening primary schools and nurseries soon, and Austria is opening shops, first small ones tomorrow then bigger ones soon, with restaurants next month. Of course, through all this, Sweden continues to function a partly normal society with open bars and restaurants.

My fear is that the UK psyche is now so 'locked' onto a full lockdown that the second anyone even dreams of loosening restrictions and we see a spike, they will demand a lockdown again. But unless we plan to lockdown until a vaccine comes, someone has to admit that it has to be about keeping it manageable with the healthcare system, not eradicating it completely. Under Sweden's path, they estimate they will have enough herd immunity (while managing to keep hospitals afloat and saving jobs/preventing suicides as a result of the downturn and a lockdown) by the end of summer or early autumn, so September trips would possibly work if people followed the Swedish method. That's the logic there anyway.

But anyway, I am digressing a bit! Annoyingly, my May flights are still fully in tact with no sign of a cancellation or refund.
Sweden is going about reversing that policy as we speak.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by u01sss3
Sweden is going about reversing that policy as we speak.
No, it isn't. The government is requesting greater powers to be able to do things if they are necessary, because as it stands, the Swedish government has no such powers. But there are no plans whatsoever to make things stricter. Indeed, its neighbours are slowly tarting to copy SE, with Denmark poised to reopen primary schools and nurseries in about a week, and Finland is also looking to ease restrictions. Austria is also loosening them now, too.

In May-related news, I got an email this morning about my Luxembourg flights being cancelled. They are still for sale on the BA website but I guess it is not up to date yet.
James91 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.