Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Had an email over night. my DUB -LCY on 28th May has been cancelled and rebooked onto an earlier flight which won't work.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:17 pm

wrong thread, sorry

Last edited by seantheman; Apr 3, 2020 at 12:17 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
My 23rd of May BOS flight is still showing as operating. As it stands I wouldn't even be allowed in (British citizen/resident) so I'm hoping they'll cancel it if things haven't been resolved by then.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by u01sss3
My 23rd of May BOS flight is still showing as operating. As it stands I wouldn't even be allowed in (British citizen/resident) so I'm hoping they'll cancel it if things haven't been resolved by then.
This is the interesting challenge, going forward. We have 4 bookings to countries that won’t let us in on current restrictions, or imposing 14-day quarantine if we can get there! I’m relying on our AXA Travel Insurance, BA and Amex Chargeback for the future bookings!

I shall address the issues one at a time, as they surface!
cme17 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Seems to be 2 weeks notice for most flights?
Depends on what a country says, if they ban incoming flights for a month then obviously no flights before then!

Looks like Denmark may start lifting restrictions soon, I hope it starts the domino effect of re-opening.

Sweden still the gold standard in jetsetting, their borders have no restrictions at the moment, no bureaucracy to go there.

LH gave 50 EUR per ticket incentive to keep the ticket value open instead of getting a refund, has BA done something?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
LH gave 50 EUR per ticket incentive to keep the ticket value open instead of getting a refund, has BA done something?
Yes. Disabled online refunds unless you do a Javascript hack.
T8191, James91 and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

Finnair is offering 10% bonus if you take a voucher instead of cash.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
my ticket TXL-LHR-JFK-LAX for 05/29 is still scheduled as planned.

do we know the May schedule changes are final? or will there follow even more cancellations?
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
There have been further cuts to the already bare bones service out of the LHR for April. LHR to JFK has just been reduced from twice to once daily.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just wondering, did anybody here received a cancellation notice for a LHR-USA flight on May, or a future date which does not arrive at one of the 13 approved arrival airports.
As you might know, AA dropped some LHR-USA routes until May/June and some until Fall and the ones that currently seem to operate would operate with reduced frequencies for a while.

Is it likely that BA would drop routes like BWI, BNA, MSY, PDX, CHS for the entire summer season or until the situation completely gets normal.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Interesting cancellation today for me. BA emailed to say my LHR ORD flight on May 8 was cancelled. This is actually an AA flight - for which AAs app has me still on but routed LHR DFW ORD ☹️

My return on May 12 with BA is still showing as flying.

OT but.... I can rebook or cancel so it’s all fine. And I’m tempted to rebook because it was a very cheap Y fare so I believe that as long as the same fare class is available I can book for October half term. Fingers crossed.

Finding the fare class was fun as the BA PNR just didn’t play ball as it clearly thought that booking was cancelled.. So thanks to Flyertalk, I knew to go to Finnair and get my itinerary emailed. Worked a treat. (O class ticket).
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:25 am

I've had e-mails and a text this afternoon from BA advising extended cancellation of LHR NCL LHR for May. I was travelling 6th and 14th, with LHR MIA as the international sectors, which although still operating (for the next few days for now). I called BA just now, got through in a couple of mins and they've started to process the cash/UUA booking refund. The agent was lovely. I said up front that my booking was a good while off and she wasn't the least bit bothered and genuinely happy to help. Will see how long the refund takes from now?!

Last edited by northeastflyer; Apr 6, 2020 at 10:32 am
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
All flights have been withdrawn on the NCL-LHR route until 1st June at the earliest.
rossmacd and Geordie405 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
All flights have been withdrawn on the NCL-LHR route until 1st June at the earliest.
Do you know which other routes have been suspended up until this date, or thereabouts?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I've had emails this afternoon from BA advising extended cancellation of LHR NCL LHR for May. I was travelling 6 th and 14th, with LHR MIA as the international sectors, which although still operating (well for the next few days for now) I called just now, got through in a couple of mins and they've started to process MY cash/UUA booking. The agent was lovely. I said up front that my booking was a good while off and she wasn't the least bit bothered and genuinely happy to help. Will see how long the refund takes from now?!
I got hit with the same cancellations for NCL towards the end of May. Called GGL, answered instantly and refunded 1 reservation and rebooked a futher 2 reservations to/from EDI (minor nuisance, but I cannot grumble in the circumstances). We worked on another 2 (non-NCL) reservations that needed some amendments. Total call duration was 14 minutes for sorting out 5 reservations - with some idle chit chat - I am very impressed, considering the circumstances.

It appears that even our very own corporate-wage-slave cannot keep the NCL route running though May

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.