Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA May schedule - when do you think changes will be announced?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I had the email about my May flights (19th May) on the 27th March (last Friday) so not sure the logic they are using when sending the email as it seams people flying earlier in the month than me are getting the email later than mine.

I wil play the waiting game and if they cancel apply for the refund If flight not cancelled I will apply for the voucher.

It also depends what happens to flights on another ex-DUB booking made on AA that also inludes BA flights.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I had the email about my May flights (19th May) on the 27th March (last Friday) so not sure the logic they are using when sending the email as it seams people flying earlier in the month than me are getting the email later than mine.

I wil play the waiting game and if they cancel apply for the refund If flight not cancelled I will apply for the voucher.

It also depends what happens to flights on another ex-DUB booking made on AA that also inludes BA flights.
Yes I've had the email for one of my flights in mid May (outbound already flown a couple of weeks ago). Seem to be really pushing me to take the voucher although the flights have not been cancelled yet. Nothing for my late May flights yet though
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by KEJABEDSM
I wouldn’t assume as much. I don’t think at this point BA knows what it will fly in May. I think it assumes it will cancel most of its schedule but maybe less than it does in April. Given that, I think it is trying to get as many people to grab vouchers as possible now to avoid refunds later. My hunch is that the people booked on the 8:25am LHR-JFK flight in May received these as well even though that flight is currently scheduled to run every day in April.

Whether PHL specifically runs is both a question of demand as well as whether the extension of both the foreigner ban (which influences demand) as well as the arrival screening requirements is extended. Currently, PHL cannot receive any international flights as it is not one of the dedicated screening points. I personally doubt that will be extended as far as May given Trump’s desire to open the country ASAP. And even large international hubs like IAH aren’t dedicated screening points so it is a disruptive point.
If worse comes to worse, then i will take the voucher for use at another date. But i wont be applying for this till the day before the flight. I think its hoping people like me as so desperate to get any form of compensation for these flights that they will jump at the voucher when in reality, i just want the money so i can hope this will be over and fly out to see the eagles play if the NFL season isnt also cancelled heh
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dan1113
The answer from BA was no.
If the change is greater than 2 hours then policy is to offer a refund instead of rebooking, or at least that's my reading. It's 5 hours on longhaul.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
If worse comes to worse, then i will take the voucher for use at another date. But i wont be applying for this till the day before the flight. I think its hoping people like me as so desperate to get any form of compensation for these flights that they will jump at the voucher when in reality, i just want the money so i can hope this will be over and fly out to see the eagles play if the NFL season isnt also cancelled heh
I had no choice but to apply for the voucher because the flight wasn't cancelled and a voucher is worth far more to me (£260 odd) that the refund I would have got for the proper taxes and fees less the admin charge (less than £50).

I know some people are moaning about the vouchers but it is far better than the normal policy where if the passenger cancels that they get very little back.

I messed up a booking this morning. I called up to ask for the refund under the 24 hour rule (as it was disabled on line only offering me a voucher) and the agent processed it no problem, she never even mentioned taking a voucher instead.

I can see why they disabled the on line option as a lot of people would have justcancelling without thinking and then losing a lot of money.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I had no choice but to apply for the voucher because the flight wasn't cancelled and a voucher is worth far more to me (£260 odd) that the refund I would have got for the proper taxes and fees less the admin charge (less than £50).

I know some people are moaning about the vouchers but it is far better than the normal policy where if the passenger cancels that they get very little back.

I messed up a booking this morning. I called up to ask for the refund under the 24 hour rule (as it was disabled on line only offering me a voucher) and the agent processed it no problem, she never even mentioned taking a voucher instead.

I can see why they disabled the on line option as a lot of people would have justcancelling without thinking and then losing a lot of money.

Oh i am totally not moaning because it means that i have a second option in case my flight doesnt get cancelled. There is no way that i am taking this flight (and its only a matter of time before the festival i was flying out gets cancelled). I think that BA giving people voucher options if the flight isnt cancelled is one of the best things that they have done in a long time.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I am assuming that BA will not now have the staff to run most of the flights scheduled for May, so I suspect there will be some movement on this imminently.
ttama likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
I’ve just had a LCY flight (to Faro) cancelled for the 25th May! Clearly BA think this is going to drag on for a long while.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by alex_b
I’ve just had a LCY flight (to Faro) cancelled for the 25th May! Clearly BA think this is going to drag on for a long while.
The BBC reported the furlough period to be for 'two months'. If that is the case then that swallows the whole of May.

I had the email a few days ago for a flight on 13 May. Nothing for the return 12 days later.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:39 am

My early May flights are, for some reason, still going strong. :/ Both with BA and Ryanair.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
My early May flights are, for some reason, still going strong. :/ Both with BA and Ryanair.
going strong’ .... ?? I guess you mean they’re still showing in the schedules .... ?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:53 am

Yes. Both flights in early May are still confirmed and indeed, on sale for new purchases on both their websites.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:57 am

Programs: British Airways
Yes. Both flights in early May are still confirmed and indeed, on sale for new purchases on both their websites.
Same here. I see Oslo has been scrubbed from April but resumes 1st May with 2+ flights daily.
I bought a new ticket yesterday and refunded my original for a voucher as it's almost half the price now.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:21 am

My trip from London to Lima Peru is still scheduled for 1st May
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ID90_J
My trip from London to Lima Peru is still scheduled for 1st May
If by some chance you do actually make it out there .... just be prepared to spend significantly more time in the country than you might have intended !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.